Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching this video...well...lets say it might be nothing, it might be something, but the person behind her...obviously a man. His body language immediately made my hinkey meter go off. He turns and stops and its like he is watching her. Like I said, maybe its nothing at all....or maybe he followed her and pushed her off the road at some point (therefore damage to the car) I hope the police are looking into whoever he was. It was very late at night, she was alone in there, young, beautiful- MOO
IMO this video is edited WAY down. What convenience store video doesn't show the full doorway? They have this person's image, they just don't want him to know they do (and don't want the public to have it so he isn't attacked if he truly isn't involved). And they have more, we just got one little clip of her to show her clothing.

I am sure they have pulled the ATM cctv also. I think they have her digital footprint and timeline.
I would guess they are getting close and this case will bust wide open.

Praying she is still alive and a large net is cast catching the big fish.
All my speculation we will have update soon.
They messed with the wrong girl.
Her family has means and this is not going to set well when this case has conclusive evidence.

Has there been any clarification for her sending a message to a friend to say that she was with " a young man" maybe its just me but it seems kind of odd for 19 year old to refer to a guy as a "young man" in fact iv'e never heard any teenager use that phrase to describe a guy they were on a date with. that sounds like a phrase a much older person would use.
yep - first thing I thought when I read that. Im in my thirties and would NEVER have referred to a guy as a young man in my late teens/early 20s.

If someone targeted Aniah, how dumb can they be? Of all the girls in town, they picked the one with a stepfather who is a UFC fighter? This is making INTERNATIONAL news. She was on TMZ as soon as she was reported missing. If someone did something to her, I don't believe that someone can hide for much longer, there seems to be some decent CCTV footage of her around town.

I thought this too - but then I wondered if that didn’t fit the bill of an opportunist. It’s possible they never even knew who she was until the alarms started ringing.

Have there been reports in the area of attempted carjackings?

I saw that several locals mentioned an uptick in crime in recent years. Does anyone have any idea if aside from regular national economic hardships if any economic stressors/events have happened/are happening in the area to explain this?

Why do we think Aniah was taking out money at 11:30 at night? What for? Could be for anything but in the vein of teen college student: possibly drug related?

Regarding the Venmo payment from her father: was it ever specified if they had food together? Did she pick it up and bring it? Did they order a pizza and she had cash and paid? Or was the money for her to get some food later?

Last - has there been an uptick in missing students? A short search showed me that there is one other, a 21 year old male student named Chih-Kai Lai who disappeared in August, just before term. There isn’t enough to show any relation but definitely something to keep in mind.

Let me know if I’ve broken any rules, new poster!

I thought this too - but then I wondered if that didn’t fit the bill of an opportunist. It’s possible they never even knew who she was until the alarms started ringing.

I saw that several locals mentioned an uptick in crime in recent years. Does anyone have any idea if aside from regular national economic hardships if any economic stressors/events have happened/are happening in the area to explain this?

Why do we think Aniah was taking out money at 11:30 at night? What for? Could be for anything but in the vein of teen college student: possibly drug related?

Regarding the Venmo payment from her father: was it ever specified if they had food together? Did she pick it up and bring it? Did they order a pizza and she had cash and paid? Or was the money for her to get some food later?

Last - has there been an uptick in missing students? A short search showed me that there is one other, a 21 year old male student named Chih-Kai Lai who disappeared in August, just before term. There isn’t enough to show any relation but definitely something to keep in mind.

Welcome to Ws Cellardoors!
Going to check out the other missing person you referenced, thanks.
Ws thread..
AL - AL - Chih-Kai Lai, 21, Auburn University student from Taiwan, 17 Aug 2019

I don’t know about an increase in car jackings in the area. I do know that around this time last year, my neighborhood had multiple car break-ins in one night. The thieves seemed to be looking for meds, guns, money and electronics. They mostly targeted unlocked cars, although at least one car window was smashed. The police told our neighbors that “teams” are coming from Montgomery. They pull up to neighborhoods around 1-2 in the morning, and they let 4 or more people out. These people are wearing backpacks, and they go through the neighborhood stealing. Some of my neighbors entryway cameras actually caught people with backpacks on walking around in the neighborhood in the middle of the night. So, to answer your question, most people in Auburn would say that a lot of the crime here now travels in from Montgomery.

I don’t know about an increase in car jackings in the area. I do know that around this time last year, my neighborhood had multiple car break-ins in one night. The thieves seemed to be looking for meds, guns, money and electronics. They mostly targeted unlocked cars, although at least one car window was smashed. The police told our neighbors that “teams” are coming from Montgomery. They pull up to neighborhoods around 1-2 in the morning, and they let 4 or more people out. These people are wearing backpacks, and they go through the neighborhood stealing. Some of my neighbors entryway cameras actually caught people with backpacks on walking around in the neighborhood in the middle of the night. So, to answer your question, most people in Auburn would say that a lot of the crime here now travels in from Montgomery.

This is very common where I live, too. We live in a pretty quiet town without a ton of crime but we will have these mini waves of this same kind of crime coming in from a nearby area. Now that so many homes have home security cams of some sort, including the doorbell cams, they are getting caught out more often.

I hope that individual property owners are checking any of these type cameras in the surrounding areas. You just never know what might be captured.

I think that was all her mom referencing this guy as a young man. She did that on the phone interview with the reporter. That is not how the friend referenced this guy.

If anyone sees the reference to the ATM I’d like to see it. I thought that too, but then listened to the sane interview with her mom and she said “she used her debit card” at 11:20. So I’m unclear if she ever went to the atm.

In regards to Venmo. It’s not been discussed in msm. I just found the transaction. Walt also Venmo’d her brother at that same time for food. No idea what it’s for, prob not important, but part of the picture. I do know because I use Venmo that the transaction is not immediate. It takes a day or two to actually become available in your account. I don’t find it odd for a parent to give a kid food allowance this way at all.
Has there been any clarification for her sending a message to a friend to say that she was with " a young man" maybe its just me but it seems kind of odd for 19 year old to refer to a guy as a "young man" in fact iv'e never heard any teenager use that phrase to describe a guy they were on a date with. that sounds like a phrase a much older person would use.

My teenage daughter and her friends have nicknames for the boys they are talking to that they all understand. They do this to hide their names from snooping parents and friends who look over their shoulders.

I dont see any odd comments?
They are gone now. Turns out they were probably not that interesting after all.
yep - first thing I thought when I read that. Im in my thirties and would NEVER have referred to a guy as a young man in my late teens/early 20s.

I linked above in a post the crimes on campus. There was a stalking I noticed from this year and a rape. Much more crime than I would have expected on a campus.

Getting cash out at 11:30 IS curious.

IF he is in the video with her, but they blocked his image, that is interesting too. Weird way to start a date, where the girl has to go get cash out at the start. I wonder what the story is there?

I think that was all her mom referencing this guy as a young man. She did that on the phone interview with the reporter. That is not how the friend referenced this guy.

If anyone sees the reference to the ATM I’d like to see it. I thought that too, but then listened to the sane interview with her mom and she said “she used her debit card” at 11:20. So I’m unclear if she ever went to the atm.

In regards to Venmo. It’s not been discussed in msm. I just found the transaction. Walt also Venmo’d her brother at that same time for food. No idea what it’s for, prob not important, but part of the picture. I do know because I use Venmo that the transaction is not immediate. It takes a day or two to actually become available in your account. I don’t find it odd for a parent to give a kid food allowance this way at all.

They are gone now. Turns out they were probably not that interesting after all.

I linked above in a post the crimes on campus. There was a stalking I noticed from this year and a rape. Much more crime than I would have expected on a campus.

IDK, knowing what I know about a very similar campus, you end up with the type of offenses committed by students and then there are the ones that are committed by non-students who come to campus for that purpose. I have personal knowledge of a few instances like that. Criminals come and go as they please and a campus is fertile ground.

Getting cash out at 11:30 IS curious.

IF he is in the video with her, but they blocked his image, that is interesting too. Weird way to start a date, where the girl has to go get cash out at the start. I wonder what the story is there?
meh, as a college student it was not far fetched for me to stop at the ATM before or in the middle of - a night out. Many bars and clubs have cover charges that you have to pay in cash.

Do we know that she went into the store to use the ATM? I thought I read that she made a purchase. I do know they have her making a withdraw at some point - but was this video time stamped at the same time?

meh, as a college student it was not far fetched for me to stop at the ATM before or in the middle of - a night out. Many bars and clubs have cover charges that you have to pay in cash.

Do we know that she went into the store to use the ATM? I thought I read that she made a purchase. I do know they have her making a withdraw at some point - but was this video time stamped at the same time?
I agree there is nothing odd about needing money for a night out.

But if this was a first date with a new guy, and she was already with him, it seems odd to have to go high up an ATM as the date begins. Did he start out by saying he didn't have any cash?

I agree there is nothing odd about needing money for a night out.

But if this was a first date with a new guy, and she was already with him, it seems odd to have to go high up an ATM as the date begins. Did he start out by saying he didn't have any cash?
Well if she was just meeting up with a "young man", I could see how they might be going dutch. I wouldnt expect somebody I was just out and about with to pay for my night. Esp a fellow broke college student. Perhaps they were just meeting up OR just met - then I could see where getting her own money may make sense. Again, do we know she was already with him at this time? also do we know that she went to the ATM here in this footage? I thought I remembered reading what time she took money out - but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24