Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory at this time is that she met this guy calling him self Eric and refer back to her friends tweet that was in MSM.

"She was going to meet a guy named Eric she met from a dating app"

That to me clearly sounds like Aniah told this friend in advance about going to meet a guy named Eric from a dating app. Bare in mind the friend who made the above tweet is NOT the roommate that the snap chat messages were sent to that said " I'm with Eric", I just met him" etc

This is a different friend who appears to have known in advance about this meeting.

It would be really useful for this friend to clarify this tweet and confirm that aniah did tell her in advance about going to meet a guy named eric from a dating app.

The messages that were sent to the roommate said nothing about "going to meet" or anything about a dating app. They simply said "i'm with eric"and the roommate had no idea who any eric was.

The friend that made the tweet specifically said she was "going to meet" and specifically mentioned a dating app, That leads be to believe she did indeed have prior knowledge.

Im sure LE have already had her confirm this but it would be nice if it was made public.

Maybe this guy using the name eric used the dating app to chat to other girls in the same area using the same profile on the dating app?. This is why i wonder why the police haven't made any public statements about eric and a dating app it may have caused other girls he tried to lure on the app to come forward. Teenage girls often talk to each other about guy's they like etc, Maybe Aniah even showed that friend erics photo's and profile before meeting.

All i know is that in one phone interview that was on tv the one friend said " i don't think i should say any names" There is a reason for that.

Maybe she did meet up with a guy, but then once their hangout or date ended, she was followed by him and maybe even his friend, and then attacked her. Or he was in the car with her and at some point they crashed into the barrier (maybe she got startled or hurt, or the perp was driving and she tried to do something to him to get the car to stop). Then at some point they pulled off somewhere. Then later he drove the car to the apt building and a friend came to get him or they called an Uber. Unless they live there, which I hope the police have talked to everyone in the building by now.

11:20 pm: Her card made a purchase in the chevron where she is seen on video

11:30 pm: The snap chat messages are exchange just 10 mins after leaving the chevron

12:30 pm: Her car is pinged on South College Street ( which opposite the chevron)

So there is a period of around 1 hour after those snap chat messages are sent that her vehicle appears to remain in the auburn area. Now this is what we all want to know, what went down during this 1 hour period? who sent those snap chat messages? was it really aniah or somebody else?

Until more information is released all we can do is speculate.

In this video they are reporting that police say they are exploring a number of leads including the possibility that she was going to meet a guy from a dating app.

Police issue urgent warning for missing college student, 19

I think her friends tweet was right, she told her about meeting a guy named eric from a dating app. A random abductor wouldn't know to respond to a text with "i'm with eric" i think either aniah sent those texts after meeting him from the dating app or he sent them himself after harming her.

It would be prudent for any lady, regardless of age, to make at least one or two friends aware of exactly who they are meeting and where when going on random dates. I would hope they constantly kept those friends informed during the dates and make sure their date knows it. Might be a deterrent and it should add to their safety.

We’re not in Kansas any more. I would hope this kind of communication among women in the dating world should be SOP.

Wonder if there are any motels near that Chevron. The perp could have been with a work crew that comes in from out of town.(for construction).

Yes. There is a hotel directly next door.
EBM to add it is a Clarion now. The hotel has changed hands quite a bit. When I was in school at Auburn from 2002-2006, it was not the nicest but appears to be better now? Linking below.

Clarion Inn & Suites University Center
1577 S College St, Auburn, AL 36832
(334) 821-7001

Google Maps

I did not realize these texts were to two different people. If that is the case I do find it very important. I know it’s some work, but I’d really appreciate if you could link where the comments are made in media so I can understand this more.
That’s really huge, imho, if so. Thanks in advance.
My theory at this time is that she met this guy calling him self Eric and refer back to her friends tweet that was in MSM.

That to me clearly sounds like Aniah told this friend in advance about going to meet a guy named Eric from a dating app. Bare in mind the friend who made the above tweet is NOT the roommate that the snap chat messages were sent to that said " I'm with Eric", I just met him" etc

This is a different friend who appears to have known in advance about this meeting.

It would be really useful for this friend to clarify this tweet and confirm that aniah did tell her in advance about going to meet a guy named eric from a dating app.

The messages that were sent to the roommate said nothing about "going to meet" or anything about a dating app. They simply said "i'm with eric"and the roommate had no idea who any eric was.

The friend that made the tweet specifically said she was "going to meet" and specifically mentioned a dating app, That leads be to believe she did indeed have prior knowledge.

Im sure LE have already had her confirm this but it would be nice if it was made public.

Maybe this guy using the name eric used the dating app to chat to other girls in the same area using the same profile on the dating app?. This is why i wonder why the police haven't made any public statements about eric and a dating app it may have caused other girls he tried to lure on the app to come forward. Teenage girls often talk to each other about guy's they like etc, Maybe Aniah even showed that friend erics photo's and profile before meeting.

All i know is that in one phone interview that was on tv the one friend said " i don't think i should say any names" There is a reason for that.

I didn’t sleep well last night, and my mind was racing with scenarios of what could have happened to Aniah. I pray they find her soon and make and arrest. My heart breaks for this family.

Has the family made a statement since investigators have released that evidence in the car suggests she came to harm / foul play?

I did not realize these texts were to two different people. If that is the case I do find it very important. I know it’s some work, but I’d really appreciate if you could link where the comments are made in media so I can understand this more.

It is not clear that Aniah texted two different friends. Aniah’s mom said Aniah snap texted with her roommate. Her friend Summer (who is not her roommate) has never said Aniah texted her, and has been inconsistent about whether Aniah was meeting up with someone from a dating app. Summer may have received her information second hand from the roommate or someone else. I don’t think we have any information that Aniah texted her that night.

Would the bus be running at that hour?
There’s not a whole lot of public transportation in Alabama. What someone from a big city would think of as “taking the bus,” doesn’t happen very much in Alabama. Any public transportation type bus in Alabama is actually pretty sketch ball IMO. This would have been a Tiger Transit bus. They are thru the University. Very nice & (for the most part) I would feel safe taking one. There was one big incident (rape I believe) with a driver involved. However, that’s the only time I’ve ever heard of anything happening. I know how they run operations & they take their transit system very seriously. They run all routes during school hours. However, they run SOME routes at night back & forth to downtown (to the bars). This is pretty much the University’s way of giving ppl an option not to drive if they are planning on/have been drinking. Idk if the stop outside her apt is one they run at night or not. There is a South College bus that runs at night but idk where it goes.

Statewide task force searching for missing Homewood teenager

SABBM:
"This is a multi-jurisdictional case potentially. She lived in Lee County. Her car was found in Montgomery County,” Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes said. "The FBI in particular, the SBI, they have access to technology and they have experts that work with them that we feel can assist us in this investigation. They’ve been absolutely fantastic to work with and they’ve been invaluable and uncovered evidence that we’re working on and have been a real big help to us.”

Hughes says these agencies will not sleep until Aniah is found. He has a message for the person or persons who may have her.

"You have an opportunity to really do something positive with this and that’s let Aniah’s family know where she is and what’s happened to her and that’s the right thing to do. Be a man and do what’s right,” Hughes said.

Sounds like LE is confident they're looking for a male perp here.

Which isn't to say there might not be a female accomplice.

One of the things that stands out to me is that with her vehicle having been found at that apartment complex, it's highly likely that the assailant either lives right in that area, i.e., close enough to get home on foot, or there was an accomplice who drove a separate vehicle there.

JMO.

Last edited:
I don’t think it was her driving it at 12:30am.

11:20 pm: Her card made a purchase in the chevron where she is seen on video

11:30 pm: The snap chat messages are exchange just 10 mins after leaving the chevron

12:30 pm: Her car is pinged on South College Street ( which opposite the chevron)

So there is a period of around 1 hour after those snap chat messages are sent that her vehicle appears to remain in the auburn area. Now this is what we all want to know, what went down during this 1 hour period? who sent those snap chat messages? was it really aniah or somebody else?

Until more information is released all we can do is speculate.

I don’t think it was her driving it at 12:30am.
I would THINK (so this is JMO) that the cops HAVE to know which way her car left after it left the Chevron. If it went towards 85, away from 85, towards her apt or not, etc. Too many cameras at that intersection to not know that IMO (fingers crossed that those cameras ARE recording). There are some that don’t record & just take photos for ticketing. I just think that would be important info considering her car was pinged an hour later. I would think there’s no way they don’t know but...keeping my fingers crossed & keeping hope.

The last person to see her alive that we know of is the store clerk who sold her a bag of chips.

How far is that Chevron from where she lives?

Just trying to determine how close she was to home when she was last seen, and whether or not she could have made it back there prior to the time of the text being sent.

Also, does anyone know if AB's apartment has been searched by LE?

JMO.

Last edited:

The only text messages that have been revealed so far on that night were sent to ONE person her room mate.

The following comment

Was posted by one of her friends on twitter, Her twitter name has been shown on MSM and it is summer_whatley scroll down to oct 25th and you will see the above tweet.

I have just noticed this friend has even RETWEETED the same above tweet again within the last day or so.

Last edited:
How far is that Chevron from where she lives?

Just trying to determine how close she was to home when she was last seen, and whether or not she could have made it back there prior to the time of the text being sent.

Also, does anyone know if AB's apartment has been searched by LE?

All we know is that the family have said she lives right past that chevron.

Exactly what they found in that car to indicate harm - which they haven’t said yet - is a big deal. Some things could indicate she might be still alive...others not so much.

I thought about this last night... someone help me out...I don’t know a whole lot of specifics about the operations of trafficking so let me say that up front. I know what it is & that the ppl involved in doing this are the scum of the scum of the earth. However, if this is a case to do with trafficking - which everyone speculates it is based on the agencies involved (Homeland Security, Fusion Center, Marshalls, etc.) but they haven’t officially said - isn’t the whole point to keep her alive? Obviously she could have put up a hella fight & threw a wrench in that monster’s plan. But I just keep thinking about that coupled with the lack of info. Bc idk but I would think that as soon as that monster got wind they were onto them, they’d bolt with her & the cops don’t want THAT to happen. Idk...thoughts?

All we know is that the family have said she lives right past that chevron.
BBM:

Thanks, MT.

If that's the case, then I'm calling BS on that text.

That whole text exchange sounds "artificial" to me.

And I don't know a single female who'd run into a gas station to buy chips on her way to meet up with a guy, regardless of whether his name is "Eric" or not.

JMO.

Last edited:
In this video they are reporting that police say they are exploring a number of leads including the possibility that she was going to meet a guy from a dating app.

Police issue urgent warning for missing college student, 19

I think her friends tweet was right, she told her about meeting a guy named eric from a dating app. A random abductor wouldn't know to respond to a text with "i'm with eric" i think either aniah sent those texts after meeting him from the dating app or he sent them himself after harming her.

This is what I keep going back to, especially if she did in-fact to go meet someone that night. If her purchase of the chips was made at 11:20pm and the Snapchat message exchange with her roommate was around 11:30pm, that really leaves a very small window of time for her to meet someone.

I only started to doubt that theory the more I thought about the actual amount of time it takes to get someone in Auburn from that location. In MOO, if she was meeting someone that night, it would have to be in a 5 minute radius of the Chevron. Making the purchase, getting back to her car, driving to the destination, and locating someone she didn't know, all add up to taking good bit of time in my mind. Although I think it would be a tight timeline, I still think it is possible she could of gone downtown from the Chevron to meet this person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod