GUILTY AL - Attorney, 36, abducted, raped, Birmingham, 31 May 2006

ShowerSinger said:
Her car was found in a Birmingham housing project parking lot.
A suspect has been arrested after police surrounded a motel in Homewood.
No sign of her.

OMG, that's not good. :(

SCmomof2 said:
I just saw this on tv. they say the woman and kidnapper have been commited 3 bank robberies today. I hope she gets away from him safely

Not robberies, but her ATM card has been used at three different banks today in and around B'ham.

She was found in a hotel room with money and a weapon. I am assuming this is where the perp was arrested. She is one lucky woman with a huge story to tell. Thank God she is alive to tell it. So often victims don't get to speak! I am sure she was tramatized but maybe she can help others to avoid the worst.

concernedperson said:
She was found in a hotel room with money and a weapon. I am assuming this is where the perp was arrested. She is one lucky woman with a huge story to tell. Thank God she is alive to tell it. So often victims don't get to speak! I am sure she was tramatized but maybe she can help others to avoid the worst.

I just turned on Nancy Grace and heard this absolutely amazing news. I guess I was expecting the worst, after I heard her occupation.

Anyone know if she's really OKAY, any more updates?

I've been afraid to follow this story today, I am so thankful it ended positively and so quickly. Thank God.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13071949/

She was tied up but seems to be fine.

This happened literally 5 mins from my house! Was very scary there for a while. I'm so very happy she was found safe.

The hotel where they took her is not near downtown Birmingham where they took her from. Homewood is about 7-10 mins Southeast of downtown. The highway to get to nearly anywhere circles the city on the outskirts all the way around, easy to get on and get off quickly. The highway they got onto is called Malfunction Junction, lots of traffic, lots of entrances and exits in one area. You dont really have time to read plates, you are worried about getting hit by cars. Add in that at that time of morning lots of coal trucks and big rigs are on the road and I'm not surprised they didn't see the car.

BhamMama said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13071949/

She was tied up but seems to be fine.

This happened literally 5 mins from my house! Was very scary there for a while. I'm so very happy she was found safe.

The hotel where they took her is not near downtown Birmingham where they took her from. Homewood is about 7-10 mins Southeast of downtown. The highway to get to nearly anywhere circles the city on the outskirts all the way around, easy to get on and get off quickly. The highway they got onto is called Malfunction Junction, lots of traffic, lots of entrances and exits in one area. You dont really have time to read plates, you are worried about getting hit by cars. Add in that at that time of morning lots of coal trucks and big rigs are on the road and I'm not surprised they didn't see the car.

Thank you BhamMama for the link. I was out all evening, rushed to see if Sandra had been found. Oh thank God she was found and still alive, YES!

I read where he is being charged with robbery and kidnapping, so hopefully she wasn't raped.

This is a lesson to all of us to be very observant and vigilant. Think ahead about what we would do and how we would respond. Be ready!

Sandra Eubank Gregory is very lucky she is still alive and with us tonight, ah and her child too. Too many creeps and criminals roaming around, they are everywhere!

Jeana (DP) said:
You're absolutely right. Fall straight to the ground, go limp. NEVER allow yourself to be taken into a car.
I have always told my kids this, along with fighting and making lots of noise. When I was younger and worked at a bank that is exactly what we were instructed in a seminar, and I'll never forget the lady saying that we would rather be shot, than taken into a car anyway, because at least then, we'd have a chance of surviving. Thank goodness this lady was found! I take my kids to Homewood all the time for skateboarding..they have a great park for it.

Thank goodness the guy didn't harm her! I wonder if he took her by force using a gun. When watching the video, I wondered why she didn't make a run for it because she initially was not within his grasp. Then, I wondered why she didn't just open the car door when they took off. Perhaps, this car has seatbelts that automatically strap you in and she couldn't get out without conspicuously removing hers.

My husband and I are traveling to B'ham to pick visit relatives and pick up our grandson. We are staying for one night at a hotel in Inverness. I surely hope that this is a safe area.

FOXNews.com - Alleged Kidnapper of Alabama Lawyer Could Be Charged Soon - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

... Gregory had been beaten, but not severely, and was found tied up with a phone cord, local newspapers reported.

The suspect has an extensive criminal record, primarily involving robberies, according to police. He was expected to be charged with three counts of kidnapping and robbery...

A Comfort Inn employee told FOX News that the suspect checked into the motel about 1:50 p.m. local time under the name "Germaine Bailey," but the worker said she didn't see Gregory.

... When police arrived at the Comfort Inn hours later, they already knew he was in Room 266, she told FOX...

Detectives said over the police scanner that her boyfriend was able to briefly speak to Gregory around 11 a.m. on her mobile phone...

Rape hasn't been mentioned, but you gotta wonder if she was. Attractive blond woman...I can't imagine if she wasn't, why this guy spared her that, but I hope he did.

There was just a man on Fox news who did not want to be indentified.So they showed him from the neck down.

The man said that the man paid him $20.00 to take him and a woman that was with him to a motel.
The reporter asked the man what the woman looked like and he said he asked her why she was wearing high heels(why would he ask suck a question?)Also he said that he did not want to look at the woman because it would disrepect the man.He did not want his face shown because he did not want to be connected to the case.(That is what was said about not showing his face.)

nanandjim said:
Thank goodness the guy didn't harm her! I wonder if he took her by force using a gun. When watching the video, I wondered why she didn't make a run for it because she initially was not within his grasp. Then, I wondered why she didn't just open the car door when they took off. Perhaps, this car has seatbelts that automatically strap you in and she couldn't get out without conspicuously removing hers.

My husband and I are traveling to B'ham to pick visit relatives and pick up our grandson. We are staying for one night at a hotel in Inverness. I surely hope that this is a safe area.
Yes he had a gun.

Inverness is safe. Lots of traffic though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back