AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did RSW take a poly lie detector test after he went into LE to confess to a crime he was part of?

It shows he was thinking ahead to cover his own behind.

Then, when Brittney goes missing, he's the one organizing searches. He strikes me as someone that thinks ahead and does things to get out of being caught. Seems he wants to appear as "the good guy" even though he took part in the crimes.

many of us said he seemed the smartest of the bunch!

Now he is a question!

Can a person be charged with these crimes just by being there?

many of us said he seemed the smartest of the bunch!

Now he is a question!

Can a person be charged with these crimes just by being there?

Yeah, but that wouldn't matter in Scott's case bc the victim implicated him with Dustin & Donald as having violated her.

You could be right but wouldn't she have been implicated by now? I mean, there's no rumors at all of her involvement. I know I've been away from Britt's threads for awhile but I don't remember her ever being implicated in anything at all. Not even a snide comment on social media regarding her. This is why I said that. I do feel bad for her. I hope she's not involved. Heck, could she be sharing bits of info with police?

She seems to have alienated herself pretty well. I don't think she is involved at all at least I hope not. Sad isn't it, her entire family, I would definitely MOVE lol far far away.

Wasn't she close with Scott?

Scott was the one out of all of them that I really didn't suspect.
We all thought something slimey was going on as soon as we heard DH had killed himself and BW was missing and then when the pictures of the girls at the beach house came out well......we kind of knew but I didn't expect all this.

Yeah, but that wouldn't matter in Scott's case bc the victim implicated him with Dustin & Donald as having violated her.

I cant understand him telling!

Unless he knew the victim went to LE! And he was trying to save his butt!

If she had kept custody of her daughter id say she didn't plan on leaving and something happened but just a month before all this she gave the baby to her father and his parents she knew....and once it all came out she would have lost her anyway. jmo

<modsnip> just my :twocents:
but then again u all know that lol

But I thought P was given to her father bc Britt had a warrant for an unpaid something or other & thought she was going to jail. Plus she didn't have a job, couldn't afford P. She lived with her mom bc she had nowhere else to go. She may have thought P was safer living with her father rather than living at Chessie's. that's not to say she couldn't live with Steph & Wally but from what I remember reading Chessie trashed Wally every chance she got, so maybe Britt didn't feel comfortable living there. Besides, she wasn't used to rules & I'm sure Britt would have rules if she lived under Steph's roof. P's dad & family love P just like Steph, Wally & other family members...but maybe Brittney thought it was in P's best interest to live outside of family with what was going down with Donald. I know it was said its bc of a warrant but I think P being given to A had everything to do with what was going on with Donnie. Maybe Brittney was in fear?

<modsnip> Yeah, I get you now. That's what you're thinking, right? I agree & think the same thing...only I do think she's no longer living.

I cant understand him telling!

Unless he knew the victim went to LE! And he was trying to save his butt!

That's exactly what I think. I think he knew the victim was gonna go to le, or already went to le, so he talked to le to make himself look better.

Eileen, if a suspect is complicit & knows he's complicit, then I'm sure he knows if he's the first to the table then he'll get the best deal. I think that was Scott's motive. I don't think Scott expected to be implicated to the level he has been. I still agree with those of you that think he could have formed an infatuation with his victim. Heck, maybe he even felt bad...who knows. He's a sick cluck no matter how he's sliced anyway.

I do not think any of these perverts are murderers!
They are the scumm of the earth but I do not think they killed her!
Not even DH!

How did Donald get Britt's gun? Question of the year... Could he have strangled her, thrown her over a bridge, dumped her somewhere? Then took her gun? Or did she just hand him her gun so he could go kill himself after he dropped her off at the truck stop?

WWH reported that Donnie was saying he didn't want to go to jail for something he didn't do. So, he kills himself, and maybe Brittney? Still not sure that makes much sense. The investigation was already ongoing and RSW had already talked to LE.

What more can there be that only Brittney knew about that these people, Donnie or anybody else, would want her dead? It's very easy to go with big bad Donnie, but there's nothing I believe in the story of his suicide.

I can't imagine Donnie or someone else needing to kill Brittney because she was the only one that had some crucial info. What info would only Britt have on someone else that would need to be suppressed at all costs?

Even Chessie says WWH knows where Brittney is and won't tell her. WWH stands out in this mystery because she and Jennifer were with Donnie right before he died, and she was deleting messages. I'm very suspicious of WWH. I'm curious what kind of relationship she had with her niece Brittney over the years.

What has come out with all these arrests must be the tip of the iceberg.

Just my thoughts, not quite an opinion. It's still a mystery.

MOD NOTE: Until LE releases a report to the contrary, Brittney Wood is still a victim, and the usual rules apply.

I honestly still believe there's a 40% chance that Brittney is still alive.

Nothing is conclusive enough for me to not hope she somehow got away alive.

It just can't be left like this. I believe we will get answers someday.

Having now made my internet search history a complete embarrassment, it looks as though on a lot of dating/meetup/ sites (not the 'meet your future spouse' kind), there is this strange format where women who have often forgotten to put all their clothes on say they are available from xam -xam. Love!

Which, if you take out the punctuation, reads xamlove. I don't know if it means anything in the context of this case though.

Where was the comment from police about just how far the sex abuse ring could stretch? Have they ever suggested it might lead outside the US, or do people think this is very much a local -ish affair?

I think DH's 'I don't want to go to jail for something I didn't do' statement is most, most unlikely.

I've followed this case on and off over the past 18 months, but came back to it the last few days with news of WWH BFF being arrested. It truly is sickening and I've never heard of a case like this.

What is ironic to me is that it's been suggested that BW was possibly murdered to prevent her exposing this child abuse ring, with her out of the picture, it would remain a secret. When in actual fact the disappearance of BW and subsequent alleged suicide of DH is what blew the thing wide open. An own goal as it were.

Also, I feel bad for saying this, but it's been accepted that BW's brother and possibly cousin were abused and then turned abuser, and the generational, cyclical nature of sexual abuse in the family, but why is it such a long shot that the same could not be said of BW. It's been stated both that she is not connected and is not a victim in this, but was due to be questioned, and also that she is the "golden nugget" of information.

I feel that she may have gotten away, to escape the "sex ring" either because of knowledge or involvement. I had doubts about this until I realised she didn't have custody of Baby P ( gives me chills to write that, being from the UK).

I do feel an element of pity for the brother and cousin of BW as what chance did they ever have, given the monstrous family they were born into.

I am no longer surprised at what women will do in regards to abuse of children. Take a look at the women involved with the Lost Prophet lead singer child abuse case, to see what I mean. Ian Watkins, Lost Prophets if anyone wants to Google it.

One other thing, is this now a national story in the US? If not, how is that possible.

The person who may have thought there was something to gain from Brittney's death, could be a person who was confident they would not be convicted by the evidence of one or more of the child victims. Who possibly thought they had taken care of that through forward planning, but knew Brittney might put a spoke in the works if she talked to LE?

I know all the charged suspects could have talked, but it looks like they haven't so far, and I am guessing any possible murderer of Brittney knew they'd stay silent. But maybe the person did not trust Brittney to do the same because she had talked before?

I don't think the media coverage is anywhere near what a case like this would get in the UK, Lady Demelza.

Thank you Zwiebel. I take it you are in Europe? Do you not find it un fathomable the lack of national (US) coverage of this case. Think of the Madeleine McCann case and compare and contrast... Unbelievable. I feel for the poor children embroiled in this nightmare, they are brave souls.

But I thought P was given to her father bc Britt had a warrant for an unpaid something or other & thought she was going to jail. Plus she didn't have a job, couldn't afford P. She lived with her mom bc she had nowhere else to go. She may have thought P was safer living with her father rather than living at Chessie's. that's not to say she couldn't live with Steph & Wally but from what I remember reading Chessie trashed Wally every chance she got, so maybe Britt didn't feel comfortable living there. Besides, she wasn't used to rules & I'm sure Britt would have rules if she lived under Steph's roof. P's dad & family love P just like Steph, Wally & other family members...but maybe Brittney thought it was in P's best interest to live outside of family with what was going down with Donald. I know it was said its bc of a warrant but I think P being given to A had everything to do with what was going on with Donnie. Maybe Brittney was in fear?

<modsnip> Yeah, I get you now. That's what you're thinking, right? I agree & think the same thing...only I do think she's no longer living.

Here's what Zeaux said about Baby P and where Brittney was living:

"AH was given custody of PH because of BW's lifestyle and improper parenting. She did have visitation and had rekindled her relationship with AH but it ended shortly before her disappearance. He lives with his mother in....Grand Bay.

BW had been living with a female relative who allowed drug use in her home."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #1

Lady Demelza- this story isn't really getting much coverage especially nationally. It is sad that most of the coverage is when a suspect gets arrested in connection to the sex ring not that Brittney is STILL MISSING! I know LE doesn't reveal all of the info. that they have and are often quiet while investigating but there is a lot to be answered for , mainly--where is Brittney? MOO, I feel this story is being down played because of Dustin Kent's nephew. I am from Alabama but live in another state but I do know how people in Alabama feel about football. I, for one, bleed crimson and white Alabama football. Alabama is the #1 team in the nation and the last thing anyone wants is news coverage that the star player of the #1 team is related to one of the key perverts in this case. I understand that completely. He certainly wouldn't choose to have a pervert uncle. The football player is a really good guy and I would hate for this horror to mess up his future in football. I know you aren't in the US so you may not understand how seriously people take football here in the South. I hope I haven't ticked off people by posting this but I am just trying to help you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneJane