AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out something else... Contrary to what many of us thought in the very beginning of this case, it's not illegal if Britt knew about child sex violations and she didn't report them. Of course the act of the sex violations are illegal, but if Britt knew & didn't report it, she couldn't get charged with the crime unless she was right there. If she were trusted by somebody else telling her about these crimes, and she didn't report it, she still couldn't be charged. The only way a person other than the perpetrator can be charged is if they're right there going along with it and not doing anything to deter it, or if they're in a position of authority. There's a specific list of professionals listed that are also required to report said crimes. Brittney is none of those listed, therefore she wouldn't have been liable for not reporting these crimes if she knew about them. So, in hindsight, that was never on the table. She couldn't have stayed away intentionally for fear she'd be charged for not reporting this stuff.

Which again brings me right back to what I originally thought when this case came to light - that she was murdered & disposed of bc she knew too much.

i never thought she was malicious in this either, but then you look at the list you posted above and see all the different ages....who knows, they were raised and groomed this way IMO I DO NOT THINK SHE RAN AWAY --- I think she met w/ harm in the form of a JEALOUS aunt MOO

& you could very well be right.

Afterall, it would give an entirely different meaning to what Wendy said Donnie was saying - "I don't wanna go to jail for I something I didn't do."

Hellz yeah, think about it. Maybe he did say that but he wasn't referring to the molestation claims. Maybe he was referring to the murder of Brittney. Maybe he's not the one that got rid of Brittney. Heck, maybe Wendy was. Maybe that's why Donnie killed himself.

If BW were a victim in the videos/pictures/etc....could police release that information or no because she could have been a minor at the time of the crime? TIA

Idk. I thought when minors are victims of a sex crime like this, the evidence would be secured & only portions shown to the jury. I'm not sure what is shown in open court. I don't know if that evidence is then destroyed. With international digital crimes, the data is saved. So idk in a case like this.

BUT BUT BUT......

We do NOT know what Chessie may have told LE during those first critical days of Brittney's disappearance! She may have already told them who she suspected would want to harm Britt and why! We don't know! She may have initially thought her sister wasn't involved, and as time has gone on, and different actions, she thinks differently now.

I'm not saying Chessie is an angel. She's had her problems and faults. But I don't think she killed her daughter or made her disappear! She's a victim of having a missing child. Whether I agree with her actions/arrests/etc, she's still missing a daughter.

BUT BUT BUT......

We do NOT know what Chessie may have told LE during those first critical days of Brittney's disappearance! She may have already told them who she suspected would want to harm Britt and why! We don't know! She may have initially thought her sister wasn't involved, and as time has gone on, and different actions, she thinks differently now.

I'm not saying Chessie is an angel. She's had her problems and faults. But I don't think she killed her daughter or made her disappear! She's a victim of having a missing child. Whether I agree with her actions/arrests/etc, she's still missing a daughter.

I agree. I don't think she had anything to do with Brittney's disappearance.

In the beginning I felt bad for her, heck I still do... But she made no brownie points sticking up for her sisters all those months. Now she sees the light? It's a little too late now. Hopefully though she can get through to somebody.

Best advice I could give to her is the same advice I live by - Do good things and good things will come back to you. Make wise choices even when tempted not to and then when faced with bad choices it'll be easier to turn away from them bc good will always outweigh bad. Have faith in the good of mankind. The more she surrounds herself with trash, the more she'll be treated as such. Make. A. Difference. Doing good for others will make it so the bad guys never come out on top. A person that stands for the good will always have somebody in their corner. Weak people are always stronger when they know somebody good has their back.

& this is not meant to sting her but she could sure as heck learn alot from Steph. Steph is good people. My gut has never once lied to me.

Thank you JG for the list and link :) I posted the info to the Case Facts Only thread.

& you could very well be right.

Afterall, it would give an entirely different meaning to what Wendy said Donnie was saying - "I don't wanna go to jail for I something I didn't do."

Hellz yeah, think about it. Maybe he did say that but he wasn't referring to the molestation claims. Maybe he was referring to the murder of Brittney. Maybe he's not the one that got rid of Brittney. Heck, maybe Wendy was. Maybe that's why Donnie killed himself.

Excellent point. The problem is that I don't believe anything W says. Oh what a tangled web ...

Updated: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 9:39 AM

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/m...nd-family-to-face-judge#.UoJk_84dZHM.facebook

"MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Family and friends of missing mother Brittney Wood are expected in court for a preliminary hearing Thursday, November 14.

New details about a child sex ring investigation surrounding the Wood and Holland family are expected to be released in Mobile Judge Jay York's courtroom at 8:30 a.m."

"Investigators told FOX10 News the dozens of different sex abuse charges stem from numerous child victims that were tortured, filmed, and in many cases raped over the course of several years."

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/m...nd-family-to-face-judge#.UoJk_84dZHM.facebook

"MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Family and friends of missing mother Brittney Wood are expected in court for a preliminary hearing Thursday, November 14.

New details about a child sex ring investigation surrounding the Wood and Holland family are expected to be released in Mobile Judge Jay York's courtroom at 8:30 a.m."

"Investigators told FOX10 News the dozens of different sex abuse charges stem from numerous child victims that were tortured, filmed, and in many cases raped over the course of several years."
I am anxious to find out more, but how horribly sad for the victims.

I literally felt ill reading the above. NUMEROUS CHILD VICTIMS!!! I think I knew it would come to that, but reading it and I feel icky. I don't want to know the details. Just do away with them. They have proof. Videos and photos most likely, so not like they can hide the fact now. What a damn shame!

I just can't come up with any words............ other than I want to throw up.

Now I def don't think Donnie was referring to the molestation claims if he did in fact say he doesn't wanna go to jail for something he didn't do. We know he molested & raped kids. We know videotaping was involved based on Jen's & Dustin's charges. We know torture was involved in one way or another due to Wendy's charges. We know there was swinging going on. The list goes on & on. So, considering there's videotape &/or pictures of children being accosted, how in the world could Donnie deny he did anything? If he said what Wendy said he said then I'll bet he wasn't referring to the sex claims.

I wonder if the torture consisted of being threatened with force or something if the child didn't perform. That could be what Derek was referring to when he said Donnie made him do something he wasn't proud of. Then once Donnie had it on tape to hold over his head, he'd have to do whatever he wanted him to do or he could make that tape public. Could that be possible? Only an example...I'm sure there's many more.

When I was thinking about Brittney's cases yesterday, I also thought about her brother Derek. 2 things stand out to me: The first is that Wally kept urging Derek to just tell the truth, the whole truth no matter what bc it was the right thing to do. I'm sure Wally didn't know the scope of these crimes, I mean who the heck could even guess something of this magnitude was going on...but I think Wally was urging Derek to tell whatever he knows in order to maybe man up to fix a wrong while at the same time provide info surrounding this family in order to find Brittney. Secondly, the police investigators told Steph & Wally that Derek's gonna need alot of love, that he has a long road of healing ahead of him. That doesn't say to me that investigators hate him, that they don't care what he has to say. It sort of made me think maybe they feel a little bad for him, for what he was taught. So I'm thinking now that maybe Derek & probably Paul too aren't on the same level as all the other perps. That's very hard for me to say bc I'm a firm believer that once a victim turns perp then they're no longer a victim. However, what if a gun was held to their heads? Then what?

I'm now very much wondering if Derek is one of the people sharing everything he knows with the cops. I hope he is. For some reason I just want him to do something good. Idk, just that he was born into this stuff. He was taught, trained, brainwashed, beaten down - he's the definition of a product of his immediate environment. Not making excuses, he needs to be penalized for sure, and def needs tons of psych help...but damn.

BTW...when I posted above that I was anxious to hear more at tomorrow's meeting, I want to clarify that I am not anxious to hear all the horrible things done to the victims. I just want to hear what evidence they have that will put these perps away for a long long time...maybe for good!

Spreading the word because maybe it will help catch this guy.

FBI Seeks 'John Doe 27'
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53535814/ns/local_news-san_diego_ca/

"The FBI is asking for the public’s help to identify and locate a man suspected of sexually exploiting a child in images being circulated on child *advertiser censored* forums."

and

"Investigators said that based on audio heard from the video, it is believed that the man may have referred to himself as “Jimmy.” Foxworth said the man has a southern accent."

Pictures here - http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/ecap/unknown-individual-1/view

Spreading the word because maybe it will help catch this guy.

FBI Seeks 'John Doe 27'
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53535814/ns/local_news-san_diego_ca/

"The FBI is asking for the public’s help to identify and locate a man suspected of sexually exploiting a child in images being circulated on child *advertiser censored* forums."

and

"Investigators said that based on audio heard from the video, it is believed that the man may have referred to himself as “Jimmy.” Foxworth said the man has a southern accent."

Pictures here - http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/ecap/unknown-individual-1/view

I saw that story on a couple of local stations, and the part about the "southern accent" made me wonder about the Woods/Holland bunch.

When I was thinking about Brittney's cases yesterday, I also thought about her brother Derek. 2 things stand out to me: The first is that Wally kept urging Derek to just tell the truth, the whole truth no matter what bc it was the right thing to do. I'm sure Wally didn't know the scope of these crimes, I mean who the heck could even guess something of this magnitude was going on...but I think Wally was urging Derek to tell whatever he knows in order to maybe man up to fix a wrong while at the same time provide info surrounding this family in order to find Brittney. Secondly, the police investigators told Steph & Wally that Derek's gonna need alot of love, that he has a long road of healing ahead of him. That doesn't say to me that investigators hate him, that they don't care what he has to say. It sort of made me think maybe they feel a little bad for him, for what he was taught. So I'm thinking now that maybe Derek & probably Paul too aren't on the same level as all the other perps. That's very hard for me to say bc I'm a firm believer that once a victim turns perp then they're no longer a victim. However, what if a gun was held to their heads? Then what?

I'm now very much wondering if Derek is one of the people sharing everything he knows with the cops. I hope he is. For some reason I just want him to do something good. Idk, just that he was born into this stuff. He was taught, trained, brainwashed, beaten down - he's the definition of a product of his immediate environment. Not making excuses, he needs to be penalized for sure, and def needs tons of psych help...but damn.

I saw a video where Derek was being interviewed and it broke my heart. To me, he seemed sincere. I feel that he had no choice and that he's a victim of this sick family. And that given a good environment, his life would have been entirely different. If he's talking, good for him, that would take a tremendous amount of courage and I think if he is, he's doing it for Brittney and all the victims. My impression from the video clip that I saw of him is that he has a core of goodness.

Has anything ever been mentioned as to whether or not the father of Brittney's child has ever spoken out? If they had a decent relationship, she may have confided certain things in him. Such as her specific agenda for the day, considering from what I understand she was to pick up her child that evening.

BUT BUT BUT......

Me too. At least Chessie made a call to report her daughter missing. She said Brittney went over to Styx River and never came back.

And in so doing opened a whole can of worms.

Tomorrow 8:30 am. I'm saying a lil prayer that one of the perps falls to the floor in a pile of guilt & confesses what happened to Brittney. Then they can alll spontaneously combust for dramatic effect. There will be big ol human fireballs all over the county. Poof flames. To ash. The victims and those that truly love Brittney and those of us that have put our hearts into caring about Brittney, her little girl, steph & wally, would appreciate it. Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member