AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this case and all of your amazing research/comments/etc for a long time now and haven't posted yet. The dedication you all have to this case is unreal and I am constantly thinking of Brittney and her family, especially Steph and Wally.

So here is my first post and I apologize if I somehow missed this theory in the past, but. . . I was wondering if we have ever proved that the letter was written on inmate paper. It just popped in to my head that children's paper, (primary school) often has "name" written at the top of the sheet. (I actually just googled primary school writing paper images to double check my random thought!) Perhaps whoever wrote it works with children or HAS children. I know that this doesn't narrow the writers identity down whatsoever but it's another option.

It's great to finally be joining in the conversation with you guys!

Did your inmate letter have a little pre-printed box at the top, saying 'name' on it, just worried?

Have a nice christmas, by the way. We're already into the day after here now. Time I went to bed...

I have been following this case and all of your amazing research/comments/etc for a long time now and haven't posted yet. The dedication you all have to this case is unreal and I am constantly thinking of Brittney and her family, especially Steph and Wally.

So here is my first post and I apologize if I somehow missed this theory in the past, but. . . I was wondering if we have ever proved that the letter was written on inmate paper. It just popped in to my head that children's paper, (primary school) often has "name" written at the top of the sheet. (I actually just googled primary school writing paper images to double check my random thought!) Perhaps whoever wrote it works with children or HAS children. I know that this doesn't narrow the writers identity down whatsoever but it's another option.

:greetings: laura182 :welcome6:

Glad you joined in. Interesting thought. There were some people with young school age children, maybe too many to narrow it down.

The letter Brittney wrote in case anything happened to her may have been written when she was just a young school age child. That hadn't occurred to me. That might explain some things that didn't make sense to us.

Theory on the threat letter in the PL
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Has anyone seen this letter or just the letter saying there is a letter?

The media reports I've seen only show for certain there IS a letter that mentions Brittney wrote a letter.

There doesn't seem to be any evidence of Brittney's letter itself though, so I'm still wondering it it was destroyed or never even existed - because the writer made the story up to manipulate someone, or because Brittney only said she had written one, but never actually did.

Welcome, and thanks for the great first post. It is very helpful to know there is another source for the (name) paper.

Red, who has long since passed the age of elementary school.

laura182 pointed out there are other sources for paper with "Name" printed. Following up the suggestion of primary paper, and the style of the writing, I am reminded of one of the suspects. She has easy access to primary-age paper.

Letter without contrast, original screencap pic in this video:

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mobile-county/letters-point-to-motive-for-murder

2ptdlq1.jpg

It looks like regular lined paper to me.

Police can turn on any phone to monitor conversations and even use the camera to see what's happening. Brittney wouldn't necessarily need to carry a police issue phone even if she was providing info to LE.

This phone talk has me wondering about Wendy's midnight run to get meds for a sick kid. Wasn't that about 2AM Thursday morning? The night after Brittney disappeared?

I just thought it unusual that she made a post on Facebook about going out after midnight for a sick kid then she never mentioned the kid being sick again.

Could she have thought her phone was being monitored and needed an excuse as to why she was out and about so late? Otherwise why post about it on Facebook. At the time it seemed somewhat reasonable, but now we know the investigation began months before, I wonder.

These folks come across as dumb as rocks, but I do think they know how to manipulate things to their advantage. Stupid like a fox.

The Facebook exchange we see Brittney have is 5.27.2012.

If the event being discussed happened a few days, say even up to a week prior, and in some way, Donald became the first in the family to become aware of someone else having knowledge to the event, would it make sense that he would want to keep Brittney and the victim from communicating as much as possible? Cancel Britt's phone service.
Wouldn't Brittney being off his phone plan help slow down the grapevine of what was in the planning and what was said and what was true?

Apparantly, they're dynamic search results and the link to results is ever changing. If you find a post of hers, you can click on her name & choose the option to view all posts or the hard way, go to Advanced Search and type in her name in the User field. First time, it came up empty and I thought the same as you, tlcya. I went huh? But then found an old post, could see all her posts there in public view. Went back to advanced search, unchecked Exact Name, asked again, and woolah.

So if the WS system's comes up with a new ID every search, we can't link a permanant link. in other words. They are still there.

The FBI have released a photo of a suspect they want to speak to who appears in a child abuse video circulating on yukky forums. They have no idea what state he's from, but he has a southern accent and there is a distinctive chair in the room. He also, to me, looks as though he has had a cleft lip repair sometime.

Thought I'd post the link here, just on the off chance his face might get recognised. You never know.
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/FBI-Seeks-Alleged-Sexual-Predator-John-Doe-27-231642611.html

Police can turn on any phone to monitor conversations and even use the camera to see what's happening. Brittney wouldn't necessarily need to carry a police issue phone even if she was providing info to LE.

This phone talk has me wondering about Wendy's midnight run to get meds for a sick kid. Wasn't that about 2AM Thursday morning? The night after Brittney disappeared?

I just thought it unusual that she made a post on Facebook about going out after midnight for a sick kid then she never mentioned the kid being sick again.

Could she have thought her phone was being monitored and needed an excuse as to why she was out and about so late? Otherwise why post about it on Facebook. At the time it seemed somewhat reasonable, but now we know the investigation began months before, I wonder.

These folks come across as dumb as rocks, but I do think they know how to manipulate things to their advantage. Stupid like a fox.

Unless you're referencing a comment about leaving the house made elsewhere, the only status update Wendy made that I can see on 5.31.2012 publicly viewable on 6.13.2012 (my screen cap) was that the little one was running a fever and she couldn't sleep, checking on him while he sleeps. Then, says doc in the morning and a guess of a strep diagnosis.

And you're right, we never hear of a sick child again.

FB update posted May 31 near Turkey Branch, AL via mobile. In the social media thread, I believe it is stated to the minute that the sick child post came in at 1:45am +/- 5min 5.31.2012 IIRC. First friend comments wishing a quick recovery to the child at 3:15am 5.31.2012.

BrittsStepMom confirmed Brittney spoke voice to AH 6pm-ish 5.30.2012 so roughly 7-8 hours after absolute BW LKA or just 1-2 hours after BW's texts and pings stopped later. I think.

Posted in the media thread this morning for handy reference.

SUMMARY OF SUSPECTS ARRESTS
1st arrest 2nd arrest 3rd arrest Sweep
Brownlee, William 3/19/1964 07/22/12 10/22/13
Cumbaa, James 11/17/1980 10/22/13
Holland, Donnie 2/12/1968
Holland, JR 12/20/1991 07/17/12
Kent, Dustin 05/27/1976 06/19/12 07/16/12 08/02/12 10/22/13 *advertiser censored*
Morgan, Butch 8/3/1966 10/22/13*warrant
Wood, Derek 5/26/1991 07/13/12
Wood, Scott 12/1/1969 06/19/12 10/22/13

Holland, Wendy 8/15/1979 08/22/12 11/29/12 10/22/13
Kent, Mendy 8/15/1979 10/22/13
Wood, Chessie 06/27/13 10/22/13*traffic
Moore, Jennifer 5/14/1981 11/04/13 *advertiser censored*

Bold, Italics is potential life sentence. Bond violation arrests excluded.

Source: Timeline Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*
Source: reedus23 legal data Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*
*Mendy & Wendy 10/22/2013 charges reduced to 2nd degree noted in table.

Apparantly, they're dynamic search results and the link to results is ever changing. If you find a post of hers, you can click on her name & choose the option to view all posts or the hard way, go to Advanced Search and type in her name in the User field. First time, it came up empty and I thought the same as you, tlcya. I went huh? But then found an old post, could see all her posts there in public view. Went back to advanced search, unchecked Exact Name, asked again, and woolah.

So if the WS system's comes up with a new ID every search, we can't link a permanant link. in other words. They are still there.

Bumping my own for minor search issue I'm still having.
Search still doesn't work for me to find and read only Steph's posts. But here's a tip. Thread #8 at the very beginning is where posts by her begin. Go to post #2, Click the name, View all her posts works just fine.

Tablet users: go to her first post link below & click her name & choose the option to view all
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #8

Scott posted this on social media (FB)

8:03am 6/16/2012 8:03am near Mobile, AL (timestamp is exact) per my capture same time zone as Mobile, AL
post from RSW updating on search efforts for Brittney lamenting the delay in the flyer printing process. (paraphrased)
A relative of Brittney's on her father's side comments that 175 flyers are already done, available and complete (paraphrased.) When I read this back in June 2012, it seemed evidence of the families working together nicely and an encouraging post. I read it a lot differently today.

Scott wasn't “leading” the search efforts or he would have known that already, wouldn't you think? If he were coordinating honest search efforts, that information would have been shared already with a quick phonecall to the hot off the press flyers, lets get 'er done leadership skills/attitude.
So now it reads rather flatly like, you idiot, we have them. where are you.
But I probably am reading too much into a single post.

But considering I believe Scott has AL rape laws memorized, and I believe that he keeps his participation in family crimes on the fringes (depending on victim age) to avoid the crimes that result in a life sentence, like “dad.”
And because he knows something the rest of the family doesn't know yet - that he is responsible for alerting LE on Donald's and Dustin's rape/incest on related females, (even incestous families have limits) he wants to and is able to jump in and help the search for Brittney in good faith. But...

When he isn't looking for Brittney #1, his #2 is helping out sister's social media misinfo campaign.

jmo today.

I guess that there is a difference between the role of actively leading on the physical searches for Britt and that of handing out the missing flyers. Imo a person would do one or the other. Iirc RSW was using his outdoors knowledge to help co ordinate the physical searches. Whilst I am sure he is guilty of many things I do think that the exchange you're referring to was just a miscommunication between those in the physical searches and those who were leading on the handing out of the flyers. Does that make sense? I'm full of flu so I'm not great at writing what my brain is thinking!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I guess that there is a difference between the role of actively leading on the physical searches for Britt and that of handing out the missing flyers. Imo a person would do one or the other. Iirc RSW was using his outdoors knowledge to help co ordinate the physical searches. Whilst I am sure he is guilty of many things I do think that the exchange you're referring to was just a miscommunication between those in the physical searches and those who were leading on the handing out of the flyers. Does that make sense? I'm full of flu so I'm not great at writing what my brain is thinking!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes, could be simply that. But it leads into a Scott theory that has been bugging me. And this direction perhaps I can contribute to the discussions because any theory of Brittney I can develop as a perp/victim gets me a screenwriter's job suggestion from everyone. :blush:
That was the best I could do with that innuendo. I got lost, obviously. Scott is always a puzzle to me, though, and the inmate is still very much on all our radar, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase