AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clip you quoted has changed tonight:

Derek Wood's records on the rape and sodomy charges are sealed as a result of the judge granting him youthful offender status.

The sealed sentence (implying he had been sentenced.) part is gone.

No wonder I stay confused.

Me and you both KateB

I'm going to tread lightly with my words here. If Derek was 21 in 2012 and he was charged with second degree rape, I wonder if his charges are due to age factor?

I would hope if the DA is able to work with any of the charged, that it would be a person charged that was a non violent act. Sincerely hope that would be the case in order to obtain a conviction for those charged with more severe crimes.

With the latest turn of events, Wendy having her bail amount lowered, and not Mendy is most interesting to me.

We have no idea what Brittney would have done, I believe Brittney is feared dead because others believe Brittney was a threat to their freedom.

August is just around the corner. LE is closing in....keep thinking Bad Boys whats ya gonna do?

RBBM

If I understand correctly the crime that Derek is being charged with happened in 2009 so that would make him 18/19 depending on the month.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/three_connected_to_missing_tee.html
Derek Wood, Donald Holland Jr. and William Brownlee were in the courtroom as a Sheriff's investigator detailed how, in January 2011, the girl "told deputies that in January 2011, Holland touched her inappropriately and had sex with her. She was 12 years old at the time of the alleged incident.

Derek's bd is 5/1991 so he was 19 if this MSM information is accurate. But his month/year for the crime may not be the same as DH Jr's, too. Somewhere along the line, I assumed it was.

I'm confused too. Didn't Wendy have more charges than Mendy?

Yes and No, I think. ha!

http://fox10tv.com/2014/07/01/twin-sisters-accused-in-alleged-child-sex-ring-due-in-court/
Mendy-
But, Assistant District Attorney Nicki Patterson argued Mendy Wood Kent’s bond needed to remain unchanged because her case is a serious one that is still developing.

Patterson said, “Given the nature of this case, we are still getting information from witnesses and informants almost daily.”
Wendy-
Patterson said the judges decision was reasonable, because Holland had already made bond in Baldwin County.

She said, “The bond was reduced, but, with conditions that the state requested, including electronic monitoring, no contact with minor children, and no contact with any of the co-defendants.”

From reedus23's handy legal post:
Wendy Wood Holland
Endangering Welfare of a Child - Class A Misdemeanor - Not more than 1 year
1st Degree Sodomy - Class A Felony - 10 to life
Sexual Torture - Class A Felony - 10 to life
Sexual Abuse of Child < 12 yrs old - Class B Felony - 2 to 20 years
New Charges
First Degree Sodomy - Class A Felony - 10 to life (subsequently changed to 2nd Degree Sodomy - Class B Felony - 2 to 20 years)

Mendy Kent
1st Degree Sodomy - Class A Felony - 10 to life potential. (subsequently changed to 2nd Degree Sodomy - Class B Felony - 2 to 20 years)
Sexual Abuse of Child < 12 yrs old - Class B Felony - 2 to 20 years

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9971532&postcount=16

Only the 2nd sodomy charge for Wendy is in Mobile County, but both of Mendy's charges are in Mobile County. So Yes to your question, overall. No, considering Mobile County only. And the maybe part is if all this is accurate. Steph mentioned once that some charges may have changed or been added at the hearings.

Jersey*Girl's jurisdiction post:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

Wendy Wood Holland, 33, Brittney Wood's aunt
Aug. 22, 2012, Baldwin County: Charge of endangering the welfare of a child
Nov. 29, 2012, Baldwin County: Charges of first-degree sodomy, sexual torture and sex abuse.
Oct. 22, 2013, Mobile County: Charge of first-degree sodomy

Mendy Kent, 33, Brittney Wood's aunt
Oct. 22, 2013, Mobile County: Charges of first-degree sodomy and sex abuse of a child less than 12

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/13A/6/4/13A-6-65.1

(a) A person commits the crime of sexual torture:

(1) By penetrating the vagina or anus or mouth of another person with an inanimate object by forcible compulsion with the intent to sexually torture or to sexually abuse.

(2) By penetrating the vagina or anus or mouth of a person who is incapable of consent by reason of physical helplessness or mental incapacity with an inanimate object, with the intent to sexually torture or to sexually abuse.

(3) By penetrating the vagina or anus or mouth of a person who is less than 12 years old with an inanimate object, by a person who is 16 years old or older with the intent to sexually torture or to sexually abuse.

(b) The crime of sexual torture is a Class A felony.(Acts 1993, No. 93-606, §1.) - See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/13A/6/4/13A-6-65.1#sthash.Nd8BGTEz.dpuf

This charge is very upsetting to me. And lowering the bond so close to the start of trials. I hope I'm not speculating too much, I'm wondering if deals or something else is going on in preparation for a murder charge? I have a feeling the DA's office is working on something.

Thank You Everyone for posting all the info! I got to see the video. The new Judge looks like he's taking this serious enough. Yes, there's so many hours and such investment, I trust they will see this through and get some answers.

Bond reduced for one of twin sisters in alleged child sex ring
July 1, 2014, 5:41 pm

http://fox10tv.com/2014/07/01/twin-sisters-accused-in-alleged-child-sex-ring-due-in-court/

Patterson said, &#8220;There are witnesses and informants that go, for instance, to one defendant that we don&#8217;t want to release, to another defendant, and just, we&#8217;ve reached the point of sitting down on the floor and going through sheet of paper by sheet of paper, and making sure that we get it right.&#8221;

Yep. I don't know what to think about the death of DH. I go back and forth daily. Ya'll want to know my thoughts last night? Sure ya do, LOL

We know someone close to the case is talking.

We know LE has changed their theory from Brittney out partying to homicide.

We know one of the accused has made bail.

Edit: when I say "accused" I am NOT saying accused of harming Brittney. Accused of other crimes related to Brittney.

We know it took awhile for that accused to make bail, which was a low amount.

I believe WWH was present when Brittney was harmed.

I believe WWH would confide in her best friend and/or sibling.

I know someone close to the case is talking, I know LE has changed their theory on what happened to Brittney. I know LE needs evidence, body or eye witness to prove their theory/case.

We need to find that evidence. I'm sorry if I should have been able to find this myself, but can't, is there a map showing the pings from DH and Brittney's cell? Like a footprint of each of the cell pings and how long it pinged in one place? I have a vehicle now and would love to take a day and just travel from ping to ping. Maybe that will give us wonderful sleuths more insight. I can take pictures of my drive.

Swap out WWH for MWK and answer me this. Does your theory still hold water? I think it does.

So Mendy and her husband are both in jail, right?

Maybe THEY were the ring leaders instead of Wendy and Donald!

Swap out WWH for MWK and answer me this. Does your theory still hold water? I think it does.

I sure think so also. It took me a couple of days to really process this information. As events come to light, our theories change. However, this is actually making sense to me now. Remember the cell pings of DH and Britt left Styx and across the bay to Mobile. Not too long ago LE with Klass Kids searched around CW's property. Well, CW is not the only one of the suspects that live in that area.

I believe WWH would have talked with MWK the night of LE visit on May 30 2012. MWK is married to DK. I have chills thinking and hoping we will have answers to Brittney missing.

It hurts and is so cruel when comments are made that put Brittney in a negative light. If Brittney paid the ultimate price, her daughter has a right to know the truth and see justice for her mama. It would be great for that child to put her arms around her mama one more time. It tears me up to think that may not happen and those responsible need to go to prison.

Hmmm...perhaps I/we have been focusing too much on the wrong twin....

Interesting.....

:seeya: REMINDER:

The site will be offline tomorrow morning for approximately two hours during a system upgrade.

6-8 am Pacific Time
7-9 am Mountain
8-10 am Central
9-11 am Eastern

While the site is down, you can check for updates on Twitter (#websleuths).

If you have questions, or want more information, see this thread in the members only area.

:gthanks:

Something looks different in the forum view!
Please allow me to be the first :bump: v.2
Welcome back, everyone. :)
:cheers: :rollercoaster: :dance:

Happy 4th everyone! !! Fireworks in the sky for Brittney tonight! !

Gonna take some getting used to navigating around. I like the look, but boy am I lost. Regarding my list, while accurate at one time, I have not been able to track what, if any, charges have been amended, dropped, added. I updated when I saw new arrests, but much will go on that changes some of those charges. Personally, I think one is just as guilty as the next. One is just as involved as the next. It's just a question of which ones have had what evidence come to light. I don't think I'd get too caught up on who the ringleader was. Frankly, the ringleader could be one with fewer charges because they got their sick "satisfaction" from watching or through the actions of others. So more charges might end up being brought against the person who actually performed the act while the one encouraging/setting it up on a given occasion might not have as many charges because they didn't physically touch the victim. Just my two thoughts.

Name DOBrelationship to Brittney1st arrest2nd arrest3rd arrestSweepJurisdiction
Holland, Donnie 2/12/1968 Uncle by marriage (WWH)deceased via allegedsuicide

Kent, Dustin 05/27/1976 Uncle by marriage (MWK)06/19/1207/16/1208/02/1210/22/13 *advertiser censored*Both
Wood, Scott 12/1/1969 Uncle06/19/12

10/22/13Both
Wood, Derek 5/26/1991 Brother07/13/12

Baldwin
Holland Jr, Donald Paul 12/20/1991Step-cousin (DH's son not by WWH)07/17/12

Baldwin
Brownlee, William 3/19/1964 family friend07/22/12

10/22/13Both
Holland, Wendy 8/15/1979 Aunt08/22/1211/29/12
10/22/13Both
Wood, ChessieMother06/27/13

10/22/2013*trafficMobile
Morgan, Butch 8/3/1966family friend (aka truckdriver)

10/22/13*warrantMobile
Cumbaa, James 11/17/1980related to DH SR by marriage

10/22/13Mobile
Kent, Mendy 8/15/1979Aunt

10/22/13Mobile
Moore, Jennifer 5/14/1981 family friend (WWH's BFF)11/04/13 *advertiser censored*

Baldwin

Testing - I don't know how to reduce the row height, anyone? Off to read HTML codes on tables.

Not a lot to contribute but I'm not shocked to hear about Mendy. I knew something was amiss with her and I swear her and Dustin skeeve me out a lot more than Wendy. I had a feeling that when they (police) searched outside Chessie's, it was because Dustin and Mendy lived near the property too. Has anything more been publicly stated regarding Donald Sr's suicide? I know they stated it was being investigated.

Im really anticipating the trial, I can only home someone gets the media to pay attention to it so it's televised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060