AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy dance here, (Tasmania) for this arrest. And for Zeaux coming back! Ugh about the charges!
Let's hope this leads to some news about Brittney. Soon.
Tomorrow I am flying to New Zealand, but I will be checking in every day for news.
Come home Brittney. Please!

Ew. I did not need that picture in my head. I am guessing there are more serious charges coming.

Ew:sick:

FBM: sorry for coming in with that late then, hate when people do that lol. This case really grabbed me from the beginning but I have been SO frustrated with LE, that I have only kept up here and there.

Clara: I'm sorry, but the thought of them messing with each other is way more tolerable to my brain than them messing with children :(

Also I talked to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, he does searches and he said that he was told if he came down there to search he would be arrested any idea why?

Respectfully snipped...

Your friend was told this because he went to the wrong people. The MPD has refused all outside help in their investigation into BW's disappearance citing that she ran away from home and so any help would simply be a waste of time. Not sure how they could make an arrest stick because the Constitution guarantees Americans the right to move around the country as they see fit but it wouldn't surprise me if they put him in handcuffs and held for the minimum time they could just to send a message that they don't want outside people nosing in on their investigation. They are underpaid and overworked and get little respect because of it so their personal ego is all they have and they don't like feeling like that is being diminished in any way. That, ofcourse, is my opinion based on my dealings with them since BW went missing. Good idea would be for your friend to contact Klaaskids and go thru them.

I'm sorry that I didn't jump in on the excitement over WWH's arrest but I don't find much exciting about it. The bond was set too low. She was out in the matter of an hour or so after booking. Honestly, LE could have questioned her for 3 months about BW's disappearance so my confidence that they will glean any information based on the arrest is quite low. However, if WWH has any maternal insticts, whatsoever, left in her then the taking of her two boys may be enough to break her if she knows anything. Children need their mothers but mothers need their children just as much. Her not being behind bars and not having her children may be more excruciating than sitting in jail. I truly hope that LE uses this to their advantage but they have squandered other opportunities, IMHO, so pardon me if my enthusiasm is low but we still have a missing young woman and LE has yet to acknowledge a connection between the two cases or even that BW's disappearance was involuntary.

dillysmom11 - no worries, to be honest I can't recall if it was discussed here or not. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone with your thoughts on the matter. :)

ITD04 - aaahhhh com'on man... it had to make you smile a little.

Like you said - it's a mama thing. I think that might be why many of us took a bit more satisfaction from it. The most humiliating thing that can be said about us is that we are a "bad mother". We've been saying that but a louder message was sent yesterday.

It is hard enough to have our voices and outrage heard. Each small victory deserves recognition when we spend so many days without.

dillysmom11 - no worries, to be honest I can't recall if it was discussed here or not. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone with your thoughts on the matter. :)

ITD04 - aaahhhh com'on man... it had to make you smile a little.

Like you said - it's a mama thing. I think that might be why many of us took a bit more satisfaction from it. The most humiliating thing that can be said about us is that we are a "bad mother". We've been saying that but a louder message was sent yesterday.

It is hard enough to have our voices and outrage heard. Each small victory deserves recognition when we spend so many days without.

:D :clap: :dance:

Is that better? Just a smidge of happiness. LOL!!! I do believe that her not being with her children and having the stigma of being a "bad mother" could have it's affects on her. But will LE use that leverage to gain useful information should she know it? Time will tell.

Atta boy! I knew it was in there! LOL! :D

Since my identity has been scrutinized, I just wanted to post so that the doubters would have verification that I am not WWH. The spelling alone should have given that away, but still there were doubters. ;)

Zeaux, those must have been posts that got snipped out by mods because I never saw them. I can honestly say, that thought never crossed my mind. Hope you'll consider coming back to post on occasion though.

Does anyone know the range of punishment on WWH's punishment? Also, any locals know what the typical punishment handed down is on those charges as that can vary significantly from the potential range of punishment? I'm hoping its significant enough to get her to talk.

Zeaux, I can't remember if you said you had any interactions with WWH, but if you have, do you think she has the personality type that will talk if confronted with jail time?

Zeaux, those must have been posts that got snipped out by mods because I never saw them. I can honestly say, that thought never crossed my mind. Hope you'll consider coming back to post on occasion though.

The identity of Zeaux has been questioned on many sites. The ones here were deleted but the ones other places have not been, although, we have questioned the motives of those individuals. I do believe that some cases were a simple misidentification on our part. They could have been talking about someone else. I can assure you that Zeaux is not one of those arrested nor will Zeaux be arrested in connection with this case. Zeaux is a well-informed family member/friend that graciously helped everyone here at WBS during the early days of BW's disappearance.

I, for one, cannot thank you enough Zeaux for your contributions. You have been an asset to everyone searching, hoping nad praying that BW is found soon and your comments are used often in discussions here. I do hope that you will return, occasionally, and share your personal thoughts because I'm not sure much "inside" info can be given anymore. Everyone of us, including those close to BW, are just as frustrated and just as perplexed by everything that has happened.

Was the address provided when WWH was arrested another new address? Were we aware of that one? I don't remember seeing that pinned on a map or anything like that. If its new, have any searches been done in that direction? TIA

The identity of Zeaux has been questioned on many sites. The ones here were deleted but the ones other places have not been, although, we have questioned the motives of those individuals. I do believe that some cases were a simple misidentification on our part. They could have been talking about someone else. I can assure you that Zeaux is not one of those arrested nor will Zeaux be arrested in connection with this case. Zeaux is a well-informed family member/friend that graciously helped everyone here at WBS during the early days of BW's disappearance.

I, for one, cannot thank you enough Zeaux for your contributions. You have been an asset to everyone searching, hoping nad praying that BW is found soon and your comments are used often in discussions here. I do hope that you will return, occasionally, and share your personal thoughts because I'm not sure much "inside" info can be given anymore. Everyone of us, including those close to BW, are just as frustrated and just as perplexed by everything that has happened.

Personally never thought anything but this.

Does anyone know the range of punishment on WWH's punishment? Also, any locals know what the typical punishment handed down is on those charges as that can vary significantly from the potential range of punishment? I'm hoping its significant enough to get her to talk.

Zeaux, I can't remember if you said you had any interactions with WWH, but if you have, do you think she has the personality type that will talk if confronted with jail time?

I could be wrong but based on the amount of the bond it will not carry a heavy sentence like jailtime however the greatest punishment may be that her children are taken away from her, permanently, though that isn't likely. She will probably have to do community service, take some kind of classes and be on probation for a period of time. All of that is provided future charges are not pending. Once she completes a percentage of her sentence then her children may be returned to her.

Very interesting events I missed, I NEVER thought for a moment Zeaux was WWH or any other "player" in this case. Mainly because Zeaux is not only articulate, but thoughtful and careful.

Zeaux, your presence is needed here, THANK YOU for taking the time to help Brittney.

I missed that WWH lost custody of her children, all 3?

MOO

Sadly, this charge, as it stands, carries about the same weight, perhaps a little more, as a mother that leaves a child in a running car with the A/C on for more than five minutes to run into a compact store to grab a drink and some smokes.

Very interesting events I missed, I NEVER thought for a moment Zeaux was WWH or any other "player" in this case. Mainly because Zeaux is not only articulate, but thoughtful and careful.

Zeaux, your presence is needed here, THANK YOU for taking the time to help Brittney.

I missed that WWH lost custody of her children, all 3?

MOO

BBM,

WWH has not lost custody of her children. As is the case with all child endangerment charges, her two boys were taken by CPS, a department of the Alabama DHR, as a precautionary move pending the investigation and subsequent court ruling. At that time, custody may be stripped permanently or temporarily or not at all based on the outcome.

I believe her daughter was already removed from the house, either voluntarily or involuntarily.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate being appreciated. :) I always thought my intentions were clear--find Brittney, punish anyone and everyone responsible for whatever has happened to her. I know what my motives are, and knowing that, it honestly makes me suspicious of those who are suspicious of me. If that makes any sense.

Inthedetails is exactly right--there's very little at this point that I can add. With any investigation, there are certain bits of information that must be kept out of the public in order to help the investigation.

I can tell you that I do feel like there is a bit of momentum in the right direction. I think as the sex crimes cases are built, it will become harder, hopefully impossible, for Mobile PD to claim there is no connection between Brittney's disappearance and the crimes.

For those who have connections who want to help with the search, definitely contact KlassKids, not the Mobile PD.

As for my personal thoughts, I think it would be a miracle if Brittney were found alive. Not just because of the time that has passed, but because I think it is clear she was surrounded by some sick individuals, at least one of whom could see the walls closing in around him. Knowing just bits and pieces about some of the crimes he committed leaves me with no doubt he was capable of causing physical harm to someone he supposedly cared for. Even still, I believe something accidental could have happened to Brittney that night, but for fear of what it might look like, he may have covered it up. And he may have had help, either directly or indirectly. MOO (Could we have a little cow for this?)

Sadly, this charge, as it stands, carries about the same weight, perhaps a little more, as a mother that leaves a child in a running car with the A/C on for more than five minutes to run into a compact store to grab a drink and some smokes.

While ANY charge is better than NO charge, I'm hoping to see a FELONY, not a class A misdemeanor.

While ANY charge is better than NO charge, I'm hoping to see a FELONY, not a class A misdemeanor.

I'm with you there, Zeaux. I was hoping she would be arrested on something more than what she was. My concern is that they have had seven months to investigate and this is all they could charge her with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn