AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Grand Bay "ping" was from the last text that was sent to the guy who was so high he couldn't remember?

It has been in my mind that she was chatting or texting on the phone when she was in Styx River until around midnight... then no pings, calls or texts until that very last text that pinged off the Grand Bay tower about an hour and a half later.

That is part of the reason why I thought it was unlikely she was being dropped off to meet someone because you'd think she would have indicated that she was on her way given the timeframe and distance involved.

I think someone powered up her phone (either by turning it on and/or putting the battery in) and that text was in que before her phone was suddenly turned off in Styx River... OR they went into her contact or text lists and sent a random text to throw people off.

JMO

I thought the Grand Bay "ping" was from the last text that was sent to the guy who was so high he couldn't remember?

It has been in my mind that she was chatting or texting on the phone when she was in Styx River until around midnight... then no pings, calls or texts until that very last text that pinged off the Grand Bay tower about an hour and a half later

That is part of the reason why I thought it was unlikely she was being dropped off to meet someone because you'd think she would have indicated that she was on her way given the timeframe and distance involved.

I think someone powered up her phone (either by turning it on and/or putting the battery in) and that text was in que before her phone was suddenly turned off in Styx River... OR they went into her contact or text lists and sent a random text to throw people off.

JMO
Bbm

That's right.

I'm going by what I've been told is in the records as obtained by Mobile PD. I'm not anywhere close to knowledgeable about this type thing, but if what you're saying is accurate, and I have no reason to doubt it, then that brings into question a few accepted 'facts'. Hmmm

I've not personally seen Donnie's phone records, but I've been told his phone pinged in the Tillman's Corner area, but not Grand Bay. I realize it doesn't quite make sense that LE believes he drove her yet his phone didn't ping where hers did. Please don't shoot the messenger.

BBM: Maybe he didn't take his phone with him.

It has been in my mind that she was chatting or texting on the phone when she was in Styx River until around midnight... then no pings, calls or texts until that very last text that pinged off the Grand Bay tower about an hour and a half later.

JMO

BBM: I wish they would release his name. I've never done drugs, drank alcohol, etc., so I don't know how those things affect a person....but would it be hard to believe that he wouldn't remember anything of his conversation? Not that I'm assuming you have done drugs either. :blushing:

I want to add that, IMHO, IF Brittney was the daughter of one of "Mobile's finest", her case would have received much different treatment...budget restraints or not. If they know something that proves Brittney is safe, they owe it to her parents to tell them what they know about her whereabouts. I just can't wrap my head around their thinking...and lack of an investigation.

BBM: Maybe he didn't take his phone with him.

RSBM: See Zeaux's post 287 above - he had his phone with him after he left Styx River that evening (it pinged near Tillman's Corner).

Oh and regarding the drugs - depending on what he was on and/or drinking; yes, it is totally possible he could be telling the truth in that he doesn't remember or... he could be lying. My bet is on memory loss because I believe in my gut and heart DH and others are directly connected to her disappearance.

RSBM: See Zeaux's post 287 above - he had his phone with him after he left Styx River that evening (it pinged near Tillman's Corner).

Oh and regarding the drugs - depending on what he was on and/or drinking; yes, it is totally possible he could be telling the truth in that he doesn't remember or... he could be lying. My bet is on memory loss because I believe in my gut and heart DH and others are directly connected to her disappearance.

I dunno......If Brittney had to think of ONE person who would do anything for her( no matter what time of day or night ).........maybe.. she thought to USE that someone ..for a ride outta there because uncle DH was too distraught with all of the pending charges etc. ..not realizing just how badly a person was hurt by a break-up ......:waitasec:and .......well.......lost it ?

No one is disputing this. What I was merely pointing out is that, contrary to popular opinion, your cell is constantly pinging regardless of incoming or outgoing transmissions. You do not have to have GPS activated. This is confirmed by contacting the technical support department for all of service providers, including AT&T, whom I contacted personally.

Correct...

Except in cases where the battery is taken out...

Which takes less than 2 seconds...

I'll catch up in a bit but feel spoiled for everyone's great insights, Zeaux posting again, grateful for new members, and very thankful this thread is moving again!

For some reason this case is special, can't pinpoint it, but really wanna make a difference in these people's lives. This girl needs to be found - dead or alive - and justice needs to be sought. Then her parents & their immediate families need to get the hell outta dodge & start over. Strength in numbers & they've already shown they can come together in such a tough time so why not move away for the sanity of their children & their own relationships?

When a person comes from a family, they don't dream big. When love & guidance is provided, it multiplies, becomes contagious, and helps to spring up new goals in life. I'd prefer to be part of a positive change. It's obvious they need it.

:rocker:Zeaux, FootballMom, Chatty, Jersey, Inthedeteils.........ya'll all need ro take a bow for all the time and information you have devoted. EaCh of you has inspired me in a unique way.:rocker:

It's all for the common good...........FIND BRITTNEY:woohoo:

:please: :great: :fireworks2:

I dunno......If Brittney had to think of ONE person who would do anything for her( no matter what time of day or night ).........maybe.. she thought to USE that someone ..for a ride outta there because uncle DH was too distraught with all of the pending charges etc. ..not realizing just how badly a person was hurt by a break-up ......:waitasec:and .......well.......lost it ?

I wasn't under the impression that last text recipient was anything more than a "buddy"... and given that person's penchant for drugs alone tells me they may not have been high on the list of peeps ya could count on, especially not in a crisis...

ALTHOUGH - I could be mistaken and maybe I just dismissed it too early but if it was an ex I think that may have stuck out a little more to me... who knows? :waitasec:

I wasn't under the impression that last text recipient was anything more than a "buddy"... and given that person's penchant for drugs alone tells me they may not have been high on the list of peeps ya could count on, especially not in a crisis...

ALTHOUGH - I could be mistaken and maybe I just dismissed it too early but if it was an ex I think that may have stuck out a little more to me... who knows? :waitasec:

Do we have any idea what that text said?

Do we have any idea what that text said?

Not to my knowledge. I think they only knew about it from her phone records and followed up and by then we know a week had passed so it was probably long past deleted.

No one is disputing this. What I was merely pointing out is that, contrary to popular opinion, your cell is constantly pinging regardless of incoming or outgoing transmissions. You do not have to have GPS activated. This is confirmed by contacting the technical support department for all of service providers, including AT&T, whom I contacted personally.

I'm going by what I've been told is in the records as obtained by Mobile PD. I'm not anywhere close to knowledgeable about this type thing, but if what you're saying is accurate, and I have no reason to doubt it, then that brings into question a few accepted 'facts'. Hmmm

I've not personally seen Donnie's phone records, but I've been told his phone pinged in the Tillman's Corner area, but not Grand Bay. I realize it doesn't quite make sense that LE believes he drove her yet his phone didn't ping where hers did. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Thanks for that. For some reason I thought it was Grand Bay. I hope I didn't confuse people. Any idea what time frame it reportedly pinged in Tillman's Corner, in relation to Brittney's last ping?

FYI... I sent a PM to a dog handler who is working on a different case and asked them if they could help us understand why LE gave such a harsh warning to the person who offered their services.

They said they would be happy to help and would get back to us as soon as possible. They will be out with their dogs for that other case this weekend so it may be a few days before we see anything posted here.

:rocker:Zeaux, FootballMom, Chatty, Jersey, Inthedeteils.........ya'll all need ro take a bow for all the time and information you have devoted. EaCh of you has inspired me in a unique way.:rocker:

It's all for the common good...........FIND BRITTNEY:woohoo:

:please: :great: :fireworks2:

My contributions are pale in comparison to what the others have done, but thank you.
Zeaux, FBM, ITD04, Jersey :thumb:

My contributions are pale in comparison to what the others have done, but thank you.
Zeaux, FBM, ITD04, Jersey :thumb:

I strongly disagree! The sum is only as great as its parts (or however that saying goes)! Chatty = :rocker:

Don't include me in the thanks--I think those of you who have no connection to Brittney outside this site yet have contributed so much time, concern, prayer, etc. deserve all the praise!

I mentioned this on the social media thread and thought I should post it here as well since it has to do with BW's disappearance.

This is a link to Seeking The Lost facebook page http://www.facebook.com/seeking.thelost.news

Yesterday was Flyer Friday and BW is featured for the week.
below is a link to the page post (not sure of the correct terms...argh!) or you can go to the above link and scroll down till you see BW's flyer

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....420246238011891.84435.222558184447365&type=1

Bryant_Denny posted an update to the criminal cases. Derek Wood was released on bond this week.

WOOD, DEREK THOMAS (W / MALE)
Booking No: BCSO12JBN004624
Booking Date: 07/13/2012 23:10:49
Age On Booking Date: 21
Bond Amount: $10000.00
CELL Assigned:
Address Given: 8016 MIDDLE RING RD MOBILE AL 36619
CHARGES
STATUTE CASENO CHARGE DEGREE LEVEL BOND
13A-6-62 CASE0001 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) RAPE SECOND DEGREE S F $10000.00
13A-6-64 CASE0003 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) SODOMY SECOND DEGREE S F $10000.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard