AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it ever ring again? I don't remember seeing that being put out there by LE or the MSM or even a local. I could be wrong. My recollection is that the twins put that thought out there and frankly, I don't believe anything they say one way or the other.

I have a screen shot on my Mac (on the iPad at the moment)... WWH made a FB post stating that BW's phone was ringing.

My phone (also an AT&T smart phone) will sometimes ring for a caller even when it is turned off just as often as it doesn't ring even when it is turned on. There is no rhyme or reason for it, it just happens.

However... It is my understanding that even though her phone was ringing it did not ping off any towers (when means it was not turned on).

There was activity (calls & texts) & pings from BW's phone at Styx River on 5/30 and just after midnight. It is my understanding there was no activity between 12:07am until the last text & ping at Grand Bay around 1:40am. AFAIK, her phone did not ping or have any activity enroute to Grand Bay.

This leads me to believe her phone was turned off for about an hour & a half then when it was turned back on at Grand Bay it probably sent or received the last text that was "in que" and was immediately turned back off again.

IF she was going to meet someone there would have been more communications especially enroute to Grand Bay ("I'm on my way", etc...)

I still don't think she actually ever made it to Grand Bay... Not seen on any cameras, no eyewitnesses, etc... and given what we have learned here from truckers - they don't even like going to that stop during the day so I cannot believe (no matter how tough BW thought she was) she would be willingly dropped off there alone, at night and certainly not without her gun. JMHO

05/31/12 @ 01:47 AM(CST) - Grand Bay Truck Stop - Allegedly this location's cell tower is believed to be the last activity from BW's phone and was used to send a text message to a friend who was interviewed by LE but allegedly cannot recall the evening because this person was high at the time.

Could it be this friend that was "too high to remember" has the answers?

06/01/12 @ 02:21 AM(CST) - RSW uploads a photo to FB

Is there a link anywhere to see the pic he posted?

I have a screen shot on my Mac (on the iPad at the moment)... WWH made a FB post stating that BW's phone was ringing.

My phone (also an AT&T smart phone) will sometimes ring for a caller even when it is turned off just as often as it doesn't ring even when it is turned on. There is no rhyme or reason for it, it just happens.

However... It is my understanding that even though her phone was ringing it did not ping off any towers (when means it was not turned on).

There was activity (calls & texts) & pings from BW's phone at Styx River on 5/30 and just after midnight. It is my understanding there was no activity between 12:07am until the last text & ping at Grand Bay around 1:40am. AFAIK, her phone did not ping or have any activity enroute to Grand Bay.

This leads me to believe her phone was turned off for about an hour & a half then when it was turned back on at Grand Bay it probably sent or received the last text that was "in que" and was immediately turned back off again.

IF she was going to meet someone there would have been more communications especially enroute to Grand Bay ("I'm on my way", etc...)

I still don't think she actually ever made it to Grand Bay... Not seen on any cameras, no eyewitnesses, etc... and given what we have learned here from truckers - they don't even like going to that stop during the day so I cannot believe (no matter how tough BW thought she was) she would be willingly dropped off there alone, at night and certainly not without her gun. JMHO

Makes sense, though we may never know if BW was being taken somewhere else. If anything happened in Baldwin County then perhaps she was taken back to Mobile County and placed there. We know her cell was, more than likely, off at that point until it came back on in Grand Bay but with all the traffic cam's being live feed only, hard to say what really happened after she was taken to Styx River by DH. If someone did harm or kill BW then they had plenty of time to do whatever with her before she was reported missing on the 2nd of June. Even if, and I am speculating, it was DH that did it he still had over 24 hours before his suicide to do something. That is forever when it comes to committing a crime. All my opinion but since anything is pretty much possible here it is just as likely a scenario as the next.

I think I read somewhere that he deleted them or made them private. I haven't been on his FB for awhile.

05/31/12 @ 01:47 AM(CST) - Grand Bay Truck Stop - Allegedly this location's cell tower is believed to be the last activity from BW's phone and was used to send a text message to a friend who was interviewed by LE but allegedly cannot recall the evening because this person was high at the time.

Could it be this friend that was "too high to remember" has the answers?

I'm pretty sure at the very least her immediate family would have been on that dude like white on rice... I'm guessing he didn't have any answers but IF they (including LE) thought he did they would have gotten his phone records & data (very easily since that was the last activity on her phone) and would have checked it out. All electronic information is recoverable within a certain period of time but voicemails are a bit more difficult and sometimes impossible.

Fox 10 News facebook says they'll have a report from the Baldwin County Courthouse at 4:00pm today, regarding today's court proceedings. I'll go post this on the other thread because it gave a new detail I haven't heard about these 3 men.

Thanks. BBM I don't know if I buy anything WWH is selling.

Thanks. BBM I don't know if I buy anything WWH is selling.

LOL! You, me and probably about 99.5% of anyone who have followed these stories, read her contributions to FB & news websites don't either. :floorlaugh:

Also, the panties & the washcloth that were found & flagged during the initial search: I'd like to know if they were sent for forensic testing & if any DNA, sperm, bodily discharges were obtained from them. Even if they didn't belong to brittney, they could have belonged to somebody that's part of all this mess.

Then again, maybe it was a camper that left them after taking a sponge bath...

I remember reading this, then someone stated they were unaware - and then they stated they were aware...I'm confused on this too. Ugh

This post isn't made to state that I think that BW is simply off on a binge. But I do want to add to what some have said about drug use. Someone close to me has been battling addiction for years. Over this time of course he has been in and out of rehab/jail etc. Of course this also means that his use has progressed. Where he once said "oh I'll never use needles" he now is. Anyway, the point I'm getting to is that for quite some time its been prescription pills with meth mixed in whenever he's around it or if he can't get the other (and or heroin or anything else for that matter). There are times when he falls off the face of the earth and no one hears from him. This can last months. There are times when no one hears from him (friends/family) but he only contacts his mom -- and this is ONLY because she is an enabler. If it wasn't for that he wouldn't contact her either. He has always told me that for him personally its the meth that keeps him away. If he's in a space where he's only doing pills, he'll be in contact. He says if you don't hear from me its because I'm regularly using meth. Add to that...his physical appearance is deceiving at times. Sometimes its really obvious and others he seemingly looks good even though still using.

It may also be important to add that he is the father of my child and he still stays out of contact. The love for your child isn't even enough sometimes to fight it. So while I think something else is definitely going on here...its always a possibility.

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I can only offer advice and state you aren't alone and the best thing you can do for your child is not to shelter them, because the seed of addiction is planted in them too. If they see first hand the destruction (to some degree), it will be a determent. If you ever make up excuses, you are enabling it too (not saying you are but as mothers we want to protect our children and often make excuses in order to do so). If you'd like to PM to vent or for information, I'm here to help or to listen.

Anyway, I agree with what is written. I will say that longer than 2 weeks on a binge for most drugs (even if they are where they can get it etc) is a bit much. People shack up with their dealers or find ways to earn the funds etc etc but usually there's that sense of regret within 14 - 30 days. But if BW is alive and feels absolutely threatened that she could be in trouble for something (be it, just not understanding law and having been in trouble before - plus CPS) or the way people would treat her with this sort of thing and render her from ever having private time or joint custody of her daughter: she very well may just disappear. I can't imagine it either way. I don't want to think of her deceased, but I also don't want to think of her on a life installment plan of suicide; which is drugs.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/three-appear-on-sex-abuse-charges

The state prosecutor would not comment on any connection between these cases and the disappearance of Brittany Wood.
Heinz said, "That's still an ongoing investigation, so I can't really comment as to that."

The judge rescheduled Brownlee's hearing to August 30, and set a bond of $30,000.
The judge set bond for Derek Wood as well at $20,000. If they make bond, both men would be required to wear an ankle monitor.

So all 3 men in court today had charges against them and it was only one victim, who was under the age of 12. Incident occurred back in Jan 2011.
My heat aches for this poor child!!

I love you for this! Why was it being reported it pinged near the truckstop and that was when it came out she was thought to have been dropped off there? So much information comes in, then goes out, & it all kept changing. So it's now proven that her cell didn't ping there even though media reported it did at one time?

Lol. They also reported Donnie shot himself with a shotgun & it was a handgun. So yeah, there we have it folks...

We need a time line with what we know NOW. I swear I need to take notes. Let's all keep in mind that media often sensationalizes things, so they aren't always factual - more so when we are dealing with real time reporting verses waiting till the 6pm news. Real time reporting is sort of like blogging with min. fact checking - it's just a feed of info as it comes in.

DH shot himself with a shotgun
We are unsure who found him other than WWH
He was not deceased upon discovery, he died a few days later in ICU.

Now what do we know about the facts in BW being dropped off / picked up? Is there any? I know it keeps getting repeated but I can't keep it straight. I understand the ping part but the pick up from her mom's to her friends (or did she walk). Her arrival to her DH, was that confirmed someone had taken her (related) or is that still unknown?

I know there is no camera evidence at the Truckstop but let me reinforce what another poster made (who is a truck driver) - that is a shady place and it's full of drugs/working girls. I'm sure the clerks and owner are aware of the transactions that take place there, be it truckers or just locals / non locals meeting up there to do business. I know many places that have "cameras" but either dont' have it turned to various locations or it's not at those places on certain times (maybe the clerk is paid off or shift manager).

Don't forget, a LOT of people meet at these spots to make drug deals because it's off the highway and they can do a transaction in the bathroom (leave it behind, be the next one to go in - trade the cash as you pass each other in the bathroom, leaving the drugs in the stall.). Anything is possible in places like this. It's not just a trucker seeing a young fresh girl and her doing meth, eating pills and selling herself. There's a method to purchasing or working for addicts/dealers.

I should have been a dang cop!

Anyway, somewhere in there were questions - lol, anyone care to help me figure it out?

So all 3 men in court today had charges against them and it was only one victim, who was under the age of 12. Incident occurred back in Jan 2011.
My heat aches for this poor child!!

Thank you for this information. It goes against what a lot of us were lead to believe (not that it makes it any better). I cannot fathom what happened in Jan of 2011. God help us if this was a New Years "party" this sick sick people. So, it was all on the same day? Oh dear god. :curses:

I found the records on Alacourt Access that were posted showing DK's and RSW's initial court appearance where they entered their pleas and have attached them.

So, hmmm this makes me wonder - if they had their court dates then .. and BW's brother was arrested later and there was the other arrest... were the screws turned on one of those two and that's why we are getting "more arrests"?

DH shot himself with a shotgun
We are unsure who found him other than WWH
He was not deceased upon discovery, he died a few days later in ICU.

Now what do we know about the facts in BW being dropped off / picked up? Is there any? I know it keeps getting repeated but I can't keep it straight. I understand the ping part but the pick up from her mom's to her friends (or did she walk). Her arrival to her DH, was that confirmed someone had taken her (related) or is that still unknown?

Respectfully snipped...

BBM,
DH did not shoot himself with a shotgun. It has been confirmed through LE and the family that he shot himself with a handgun, BW's handgun, something commonly referred to as a "Saturday Night Special", a .25 calibre handgun. BW was picked up by DH at the end of her mother's street as confirmed by the family and LE. LE also believes BW was taken to Grand Bay by DH. All of this is confirmed facts by LE as told in media articles and such by both LE and family as well as verbally communicated to supporters and searchers. Hope this helps.

So, hmmm this makes me wonder - if they had their court dates then .. and BW's brother was arrested later and there was the other arrest... were the screws turned on one of those two and that's why we are getting "more arrests"?

That's a possibility or the wheels of justice just kept turning and more and more began bubbling up like a deep artesian well. Only I wouldn't mind drinking from an artesian well.

I am waiting patiently for a female arrest. Waiting... Waiting...

IIRC It was a photo of a tree and a gospel CD for a geocache location Scott had. It was sleuthed quite a bit and a friend of his posted here saying it was from a past date. I'll try to find his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500