AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole case has been bizarre, FootballMom. From the circumstances around the disappearance to the suicide and sex abuse/rape charges against five men related/associated with BW and, especially, the way LE has handled all of these events.

Everytime that I start thinking that LE may know more than they are acting like I am reminded that budget shortfalls, the quality of training provided and lack of competitive pay have systematically destroyed the MPD.

A friend of mine, who is a captain with the MPD, stated that a rookie cop in Birmingham, Alabama makes as much as he does and he isn't kidding. Mobile pays the lowest out of the entire state of Alabama. They lose quality officers to surrounding communities because a town of 700 to 1000 pays more than Mobile does. Their budget, lack of, also restrains them in their ability to properly investigate crimes.

I can hardly blame the officers that risk their lives daily but do hold the city leaders accountable. Their irresponsibility has lead the city to this point. And now city leaders have passed a new ban on public smoking, effectively making all public area's (restraunts, parks, roads, sidewalks, office buildings and any other place that the public may gather with exception of bars) a nonsmoking zone, as well as, other ordinances and instructed the Chief to hire additional officers to enforce these new rules without increasing the budget to hire them.

And all of this is going on while, for three months, a young woman has been missing and it appears that nothing will ever be done about it because the easy excuse will always be that she simply ran away and that is why they can't find her. Can't or Won't? That's the real question.

EXCELLENT post. I opened the paper this morning to this ludicrous new law. As if Mobile didn't have enough unsolved problems without this silly, silly mess to deal with. I am a smoker. I will smoke. But to think, our city is rampant with crime and THIS is now the priority???????????

I am so sick of this city I cannot wait to move across the Bay.

EXCELLENT post. I opened the paper this morning to this ludicrous new law. As if Mobile didn't have enough unsolved problems without this silly, silly mess to deal with. I am a smoker. I will smoke. But to think, our city is rampant with crime and THIS is now the priority???????????

I am so sick of this city I cannot wait to move across the Bay.

I'm not a smoker and I do agree that smoking should be curtailed in enclosed buildings but a wide open park or sidewalk? Let's not kidd ourselves here, Mobile is no New York City. I have walked downtown many times and if I didn't want to walk near someone smoking then all I had to do was back away. It isn't like there or hundreds of thousands of people crowding the sidewalks and parks. I find the majority of this ban to be frivolous and a complete waste of tax payer money. It's egregious and oversteps the boundaries of governmental control. Why not use that money a little wiser like setting additional funds aside to pay our local officers a higher wage or set-up a fund to help the families of those who have become a victim of a violent crime or the victims themselves. There are a million different uses they can come up with. My point is that the MPD must now expend resources to enforce this infringement upon the rights of people while BW is no closer to being found nor the truth being told.

"It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own." - Thomas Jefferson

I'm not a smoker and I do agree that smoking should be curtailed in enclosed buildings but a wide open park or sidewalk? Let's not kidd ourselves here, Mobile is no New York City. I have walked downtown many times and if I didn't want to walk near someone smoking then all I had to do was back away. It isn't like there or hundreds of thousands of people crowding the sidewalks and parks. I find the majority of this ban to be frivolous and a complete waste of tax payer money. It's egregious and oversteps the boundaries of governmental control. Why not use that money a little wiser like setting additional funds aside to pay our local officers a higher wage or set-up a fund to help the families of those who have become a victim of a violent crime or the victims themselves. There are a million different uses they can come up with. My point is that the MPD must now expend resources to enforce this infringement upon the rights of people while BW is no closer to being found nor the truth being told.

"It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own." - Thomas Jefferson

Very well said. Also, can you see it being enforced during Mardi Gras? Joe Cain Day? What a farce.

Everytime that I start thinking that LE may know more than they are acting like I am reminded that budget shortfalls, the quality of training provided and lack of competitive pay have systematically destroyed the MPD.

A friend of mine, who is a captain with the MPD, stated that a rookie cop in Birmingham, Alabama makes as much as he does and he isn't kidding. Mobile pays the lowest out of the entire state of Alabama. They lose quality officers to surrounding communities because a town of 700 to 1000 pays more than Mobile does. Their budget, lack of, also restrains them in their ability to properly investigate crimes.

And all of this is going on while, for three months, a young woman has been missing and it appears that nothing will ever be done about it because the easy excuse will always be that she simply ran away and that is why they can't find her. Can't or Won't? That's the real question.

RSBM:

Sure, I can understand budget issues, lack of training, etc... but it is a very poor excuse for not accepting the assistance that was offered (several times) by AL DPS & the FBI.

Why not turn it over to them to free up manpower & expenses (as if they were doing or spending anything to find BW)?

IMO - there are people with A LOT to lose who do not want her found and they don't want any additional arrests made in connection with the sex crimes investigation.

Thank you, FootballMom, for the excellent timeline.

While reading it, I had an "ah ha moment" re the activities on 5/31, the last time BW's phone pinged along with DH's phone at 12:07 am, followed by "someone" posting at 1:42 am about her sick child. Yet, nothing else was said about the sick child the next day. Who writes about a child at 1:42 am n her FB page? Seems to me that DH and BW were together in the wee morning hours and that "someone" was also awake. Waiting up for husband, establishing an alibi?

As much as I hate to think it, something happened to BW at the hands of DH on 5/31. His suicide with BW's gun occurred on 6/1/2012, and I suspect the suicide is closely linked to what happened to BW. DH had been under investigation for several months on other charges, so it's not like he was caught by surprise. WWH knew about hubby's troubles. I also sense some jealously toward BW.

It has been too long since BW vanished for her to be alive, MOO.

I agree 100%!!! I just can't figure out where he could have hid her body. We all know they aren't the smartest bunch!!!

I agree 100%!!! I just can't figure out where he could have hid her body. We all know they aren't the smartest bunch!!!

I'm having a hard time remembering now, did they take dogs out there on any of the searches? For some reason I can't remember one way or the other.

He had a head start, and I am unsure how much searching for BW was accomplished. What is the terrain like, open or hidden spaces? Sierra Lamar, despite huge ongoing searches since March, has not been found, either. The perp in that case is in jail and, although he was arrested back in May, still hasn't entered a plea. Believe me, the guy is barely literate, MOO from what I know about his background and RSO status.

As reedus23 said - he (they) had a head start (almost 40 hours). The entire area is surrounded by woods not to mention the countless bodies of water (bays, rivers, lakes, streams & the Gulf of Mexico)... throwing in the hypothetical possibility that she could have been transported elsewhere (GB truck stop) she could be anywhere.

There were dog searches although I do not know what type were used, to what extent, the exact areas or exactly how long it was before they were brought in... or if they returned.

As reedus23 said - he (they) had a head start (almost 40 hours). The entire area is surrounded by woods not to mention the countless bodies of water (bays, rivers, lakes, streams & the Gulf of Mexico)... throwing in the hypothetical possibility that she could have been transported elsewhere (GB truck stop) she could be anywhere.

There were dog searches although I do not know what type were used, to what extent, the exact areas or exactly how long it was before they were brought in... or if they returned.

BBM
Would be interesting to know the truck route of WBB during that time...or even what kind of truck driver he was...semi, dump, private, commercial etc. DH/WWH probably had quite a few other connections in that area and if payment for transport was made in drugs...well we may never know where she is. That scenario has played out several times in several different ways for me. Driving from DH's to GrndBay is just a hop, skip and a jump. JTIOT&MOO

Baldwin County Sheriff's Office

19 minutes ago.

Arrest Information******

The Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office has arrested Wendy Woods Holland, 33, for one count of endangering the welfare of a child. This arrested is related to the ongoing sex abuse case that resulted in the 5 previous arrests. There are additional arrests expected.
There are no additional details for release at this time.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baldwin-County-Sheriffs-Office/183130071711754?ref=sgm

Baldwin County Sheriff's Office

19 minutes ago.

Arrest Information******

The Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office has arrested Wendy Woods Holland, 33, for one count of endangering the welfare of a child. This arrested is related to the ongoing sex abuse case that resulted in the 5 previous arrests. There are additional arrests expected.

There are no additional details for release at this time.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baldwin-County-Sheriffs-Office/183130071711754?ref=sgm

woohoo! about freakin time!!!!
:jail:

They were so quick to post this to FB, she isn't even on bcso website yet..I wonder when her glamour shots photo will appear? :p

Wow!!! These people are something else!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief!

hopefully she won't like the intense questioning and will start spilling all of what she knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa