AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph,
Your work towards finding Britt has impressed me and I'm beyond impressed you're so transparent with us in regards to what happened with Wally. Sending love and thoughts your way.

Ahhhh Steph, so sorry for your troubles. Chin up.. we are all behind you. ((hugs))

I don't post much but , Steph, I send you hugs and prayers. My heart goes out to you.

Good Morning.

I have something to tell you guys that isn't easy for me to do. In the true spirit of being fair, honest, and open about everything I can concerning Brittney. I need to let y'all know that Wally was arrested last night.

The honesty and transparency speaks volumes. There is a certain group of people that we never got that same sense of honesty and transparency from.

Steph, you really do kick azz with your calm dignity under trying circumstances, I do so admire you! Stay strong, we are all thinking of you.
Zwei- I believe that rewards are usually not successful, but this isn't a very typical story! I would think it worth a go. Although I don't think it would be worthwhile for any of the "central characters" to speak out for a reward, I wouldn't be surprised if there was quite a group of people that knew something, and that might be enough to find Brittney. In Australia, to counter a decreasing government, our genius govt started paying a "Baby Bonus", of 6K, upon the birth of a baby. Now this was supposed to help cover the initial costs of the baby, expensive little things, but in some circles it apparently was seen as a reward to be claimed...

(Steph, tell Wally we will kick his azz if he doesn't behave!)

I do agree with Chattywoman that trying to raise a reward from the public in this case is just hopeless.....but, bearing in mind police have said there are at least six more suspects out there in the sex abuse case, I do think there is a chance someone still out there knows something about Brittney. If they haven't been charged with anything, they could claim a reward.

I realize it's awful to think of someone maybe connected to a crime like these claiming a reward, but frankly I'd rather get Brittney home first, then worry about that. Police either will get the evidence to make arrests, or they won't.

I've already found somewhere that does offer rewards, but I don't want to link it here just in case 'someone' jumps in asking and messes everything up. (am I being too paranoid?)I personally feel Steph is the only family member with enough credibility to ask. I don't know if it would be acceptable for strangers to ask for a reward to be offered, on Brittney's behalf.

minusfour - anyone who has a baby for $6,000 can't have done the math; I've seen calculations for the lifetime cost of bringing up a child - it's astronomical!

I was worried this would be the decision but I just checked and for now she's still in jail.

Judge refuses to reverse his decision to lower the bond for Wendy Holland, a suspect in a child sex abuse case. | http://ow.ly/mk7M0

Steph,
Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. I'm impressed with your strength, courage and determination. You're honesty makes me proud to post in this thread.

I was worried this would be the decision but I just checked and for now she's still in jail.

Judge refuses to reverse his decision to lower the bond for Wendy Holland, a suspect in a child sex abuse case. | http://ow.ly/mk7M0

Steph, I'm sorry. I am also disappointed. The article states the judge did not give a reason why he would not consider the motion filed Saturday. I would really like to hear his response. I'm curious if the DA was able to provide the proof WWH tried to contact the victim? I pray for now she is unable to post bond or afford the monitoring fees.

:banghead:

It is beyond my understanding how stuff like this happens. I just hope her trial comes up soon!:banghead:

I had truly hoped he would raise it some. Keep the faith and keep the kids safe.

:jail: WWH spent another night in baldwin county jail..

:rockon:

Is there really anyone that can bail out WWH? Her husband is gone and her sisters aren't wealthy. i have no clue how bail/bond works so forgive my ignorance here.

Good Morning.

I have something to tell you guys that isn't easy for me to do. In the true spirit of being fair, honest, and open about everything I can concerning Brittney. I need to let y'all know that Wally was arrested last night.

Had to step away from this thread for a few days after the above post ...

Much admiration, respect and compassion out to you, Steph, BUT ...

If WH, in fact, did what he has been charged with ... was he set-up? ... has he become an undercover informant? ... OR ... WTBleepingH WAS HE THINKING????

TIA

Had to step away from this thread for a few days after the above post ...

Much admiration, respect and compassion out to you, Steph, BUT ...

If WH, in fact, did what he has been charged with ... was he set-up? ... has he become an undercover informant? ... OR ... WTBleepingH WAS HE THINKING????

TIA

He is not an informant nor did he get set up. What he took amounted to about $5.00 and thats the problem.

He wasn't thinking. Britt missing has driven him crazy in a sense.

He is not an informant nor did he get set up. What he took amounted to about $5.00 and thats the problem.

He wasn't thinking. Britt missing has driven him crazy in a sense.

I can understand that line of not thinking. His charge was a simple misdemeanor and he can overcome this. I think your family needs to be especially careful to stay on the straight-and narrow so ya'll don't get tainted with the Wood family reputation (as far as LE is concerned). You're better than this and the folks on this board know this.

I agree, but I do think it's best if Steph stays out front for Brittney now, and WH fades into the background again. I don't mean to be unsympathetic, it's just I'm thinking of the best way of ensuring a voice for Brittney is still heard. There seem to be distractions around all the other family members that can take people's focus away.

If this is allowed to distract from the search, it will mean a bad mistake by WH becomes a tragedy. I hope the prosecutor will look carefully at all the circumstances before deciding if the case should be prosecuted or not.

On a different subject - is there any chance at all that CW has managed to work out what color bag Brittney was carrying, for certain? Surely either the pink or teal one were left in one of the places Brittney was staying, and has been found by now? That would mean the missing one is the one Brittney must have been carrying? And are there any details about the contents?

I agree, but I do think it's best if Steph stays out front for Brittney now, and WH fades into the background again. I don't mean to be unsympathetic, it's just I'm thinking of the best way of ensuring a voice for Brittney is still heard. There seem to be distractions around all the other family members that can take people's focus away.

If this is allowed to distract from the search, it will mean a bad mistake by WH becomes a tragedy. I hope the prosecutor will look carefully at all the circumstances before deciding if the case should be prosecuted or not.

On a different subject - is there any chance at all that CW has managed to work out what color bag Brittney was carrying, for certain? Surely either the pink or teal one were left in one of the places Brittney was staying, and has been found by now? That would mean the missing one is the one Brittney must have been carrying? And are there any details about the contents?

No, CW has always maintained that both bags were missing and that is why she's not sure of the color. She doesn't actually remember her leaving with either bag just a bag, when LE told her to look around and see what all Brittney might have taken both bags were gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain