AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope, outside of public/media view, LE is putting/tightening the screws on/to each and everyone of these despicable family members and potentially criminal friends!

JMO: At this point with this frustrating and dragged out case, I wouldn't even mind if LE used the "usage notes" version of the phrase:
put the screws on somebody (informal) to use force or threats to make someone do what you want

Usage notes:
In the past, screws or thumbscrews were devices used to hurt people
by crushing their thumbs in order to force them to do something.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/put+the+screws+on

thumbscrew2.jpg

When a victim refused to reveal sensitive information, he or she would be subject to the thumbscrew.
The victim's hands were placed in the device and the torturer would crush the victim's fingers slowly.

http://medieval-castles.org/index.php/thumbscrew_torture

MOBILE, Alabama – The mother of missing teenager Brittney Wood pleaded not guilty this morning to sodomy charges, and a judge scheduled a preliminary hearing for next month.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/07/mother_of_missing_mobile_teena.html#incart_river

Wasn't there another charge? 3 charges?

Yes, 3 charges ... from your link:
Chessie Wood, who is free on bail, pleaded not guilty to all charges – two counts of first-degree sodomy and one count of sexual abuse of a child younger than 12.

ETA: Earning her one twist of the thumb screws for each charge plus one twist for each lie told to date! JMHO

Chessie's attorney Michael H McDuffie.

http://www.mcduffielawfirm.com/

Michael H. McDuffie
115 S. Dearborn Street
Mobile, AL 36602-1705

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/36602-al-michael-mcduffie-4309371.html#licenses

25 years since Michael Hilding McDuffie was first licensed to practice law.

This lawyer has been disciplined by a state licensing authority.

Alabama Suspension 2012 06/25/2013
Alabama Public Reprimand 2010 06/25/2013
Alabama Public Reprimand 2004 06/25/2013
Alabama Suspension 2004 06/25/2013

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...site:www.alabar.org&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Mobile attorney Michael Hilding McDuffie was suspend-ed from the practice of law in Alabama by order of theAlabama Supreme Court for 91 days, with 30 to serve,effective August 31, 2012. The remaining 61 days of thesuspension were suspended and deferred pending successful completion of a two-year probationary period. The supreme court entered its order based upon the decision of the Disciplinary Commission of the Alabama State Barwherein McDuffie was found guilty of violating Rule 4.2,Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct. While represent-ing a client, McDuffie admitted that he communicatedabout the subject of the representation with a party he knew to be represented by another lawyer in the matter without the consent of the other lawyer and without beingotherwise authorized to do so. [ASB No. 10-170

"Allegations in Wood Family Sex Abuse Cases Interconnected, Says Investigator"
http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...y-Sex-Abuse-Cases/dAcI9AlbaUWjvwTQJVwYpQ.cspx

"Anytime you have sexual abuse against children, it's horrible," said Hall. "But when you have a situation when the abuse is continuous, and it happened to a child at a young age and it continued to happen over and over again, and usually you have only one abuser. But in this case, we're talking about more than one. So it's just horrible that a child has to go through that."

Ah, do you mean if another victim comes forward? I didn't think of that. So it could mean fresh charges and arrests for anyone involved?

I suppose anyone on a payment plan for bond already would have a real problem then, if it works like credit from a bank. It sounds like LE have good reason to believe there is another victim out there, and are just hoping he/she will come forward.

Just imagine if Brittney was a witness for the prosecution too - I think she would have been very credible and determined in court. She had already shown that she could be. Unfortunately, I think other people remembered that too and that's one of the reasons she was disappeared.

Good Morning,

With CW arrest I got side tracked for a moment. :facepalm:

Went back through my notes CW said the wallet to be hard flat case purple with tiny bright colored flowers. That's all she gave us on that.

Ah, do you mean if another victim comes forward? I didn't think of that. So it could mean fresh charges and arrests for anyone involved?

I suppose anyone on a payment plan for bond already would have a real problem then, if it works like credit from a bank. It sounds like LE have good reason to believe there is another victim out there, and are just hoping he/she will come forward.

Just imagine if Brittney was a witness for the prosecution too - I think she would have been very credible and determined in court. She had already shown that she could be. Unfortunately, I think other people remembered that too and that's one of the reasons she was disappeared.

BBM - this stood out to me. You're right. Britt had already shown she could be a credible witness. I'm sure this was not forgotten. In my opinion, this is one possible motive.

I don't believe Donnie would have talked even if he was alive. I disagree with the word unfortunately. In my opinion, his death saved more children from being harmed. Fortunately he will not being harming any child ever again. Thank God!

Hall will only say this: "I would like to be able to talk to the person that I believe this all started with, would probably be the greatest gift. Not the victim. And, unfortunately we can't talk to that person."

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...y-Sex-Abuse-Cases/dAcI9AlbaUWjvwTQJVwYpQ.cspx

Didn't Brittney have warrants when she went missing? Even if they were only for minor tickets that still qualifies as being in trouble. I think you should just take everything CW has said from the beginning till now and go with the total opposite and that will be the truth.

Yes she had 2 that I know of one traffic and one failure to appear. When she didn't show for the traffic ticket court date.

I don't believe Donnie would have talked even if he was alive. I disagree with the word unfortunately. In my opinion, his death saved more children from being harmed. Fortunately he will not being harming any child ever again. Thank God!

Quote:
Hall will only say this: "I would like to be able to talk to the person that I believe this all started with, would probably be the greatest gift. Not the victim. And, unfortunately we can't talk to that person."

Though I strongly agree with your statements and the strong likelihood that Hall is referencing DH ...

We can't even be sure that the person Hall "believe this all started with" is DH.

Maybe Steph has a more definitive read on this point and could chime in?!? TIA

Oh yes, you can ask just about anyone. This has been a fav image in my imagination for quite some time. BW walking in to court the "surprise witness for the prosecution" :) That is very much my wish which I have made very public. That she made plans for her baby girl- left presents- and traded her arrest warrants for info and is in some witness protection program somewhere very safe. How many times and how many ways have I asked if LE would tell this bunch of evil, child abusing incest pervasive-perps where she was -if-safely advancing this case elsewhere- alaska..provence France..who knows where. I have been convinced LE would have to say something if resources were being spent to find a missing person. I am really confused on that.

And this dream has faded along the way, and I truly worry about her sometimes I have even gone fully over the fence and feel she really gone.

firmly :fence:

I normally avoid cases like these for obvious reasons- besides it makes my heart hurt- but I was drawn in quite a while ago and it has fit many of the other missing cases that also have drawn me in. These cases have one thing in common IMOO
missing ( young) person - lying perps in immediate family or friends

( even ariel castro- was the creepy father of a de jesus' play date)

Though I strongly agree with your statements and the strong likelihood that Hall is referencing DH ...

We can't even be sure that the person Hall "believe this all started with" is DH.

Maybe Steph has a more definitive read on this point and could chime in?!? TIA

Admittedly, I pondered on this. Whether Hall was talking about Brittney or Donnie. "The person this all started with" is hard to decipher. It has been said by LE, Britt was the golden nugget.

Good Morning,

With CW arrest I got side tracked for a moment. :facepalm:

Went back through my notes CW said the wallet to be hard flat case purple with tiny bright colored flowers. That's all she gave us on that.

I think this information is worth taking note of, and even putting on the missing posters. None of Brittney's things have been found, so there is a chance they are out there somewhere. We just have to take it on trust that the description is accurate, I know......but if it is, the wallet sounds pretty distinctive. And most people only have one wallet they use every day, even if they have lots of bags.

Do I remember from somewhere that purple was Brittney's favorite color?

I think this information is worth taking note of, and even putting on the missing posters. None of Brittney's things have been found, so there is a chance they are out there somewhere. We just have to take it on trust that the description is accurate, I know......but if it is, the wallet sounds pretty distinctive. And most people only have one wallet they use every day, even if they have lots of bags.

Do I remember from somewhere that purple was Brittney's favorite color?

If I remember right at the balloon release they had yellow balloons because they stated that was her favorite color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant