Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had the strangest thought... what if the "first responder" blue flashing light wasn't legit? Would LE release that info? If someone was listening to the police scanner and got there first... Highly unlikely, I know.
We actually had a weirdo doing that here many years ago. Anything is possible

help! My eyes! They can't stop rolling!

I don't know enough about how traffic cameras are set up to comment, if they're tied together in a series on either the hardware or software level it might be possible that one glitch could affect a whole row of them.
That's what I'm wondering; a system failure / surge or are they on a common server? Or? Too coincidental (unfortunately)... I was hopeful this was going to be "something". MOO

Just because the FBI has jurisdiction to immediately investigate any disappearance or kidnapping doesn't mean they do. They generally need to be called in on a case.
Why wouldn't LE notify them. It's what the FBI does?
"The FBI has jurisdiction to immediately investigate any reported mysterious disappearance or kidnapping involving a child. Do not wait to report a missing child.
Call your local FBI field office or the closest international office. You can also contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST.
The FBI link doesn't say to call your local LE so they can then call the FBI.

If a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation?

Yes. The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child “of tender years,” even though there is no known interstate aspect. “Tender years” is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory.

Interesting. At 4:20 reporter says CR’s parents told her that they had cautioned their daughter about “ no matter how young a person, it could be a trap “.

Did that put the idea in her head?
jmo

I’ve never heard of this before but it seems an urban myth — that someone would use a small child as bait for a woman etc. My parents once found a small child by the side of the road who was genuinely lost, got out of his back garden and miles from home in a rural area. I’ve never heard of it happening in a kidnap scenario.

I haven’t seen this mentioned here before… “unresponsive but breathing”?!?

I recall reading something about “she didn’t know” when asked about what happened. That fits with unresponsive according to the standard definition.

unresponsive
adjective

US

/ˌʌn·rɪˈspɑn·sɪv/

not reacting or answering, or not reacting or answering satisfactorily:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors