Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That car is not that expensive. Not sure why people are focusing on her car. There is nothing to suggest money is motivation here for anything.
Not only that but it looks like her parents gave her a Mercedes when she graduated from HS then she had a dodge Challenger, which was in an accident so with the insurance payout got the Mercedes. I’d say there is a good chance she doesn’t even have a loan for it. I think people are focusing on the wrong things here.

Since you say you're from the area, I'm going to assume that you know what you're talking about. But as a lifelong resident of metro Atlanta, respectfully, I have never in my life heard of gators anywhere north of Macon. (Okay I think there may have been one that was an escaped pet.) <modsnip>
I'm up in NC and we have had gators spotted about 40 miles from the Capital. We're about as far north as they go, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone summarize, for those of us not on Twitter? (We can't read them any more.)

Did someone use a toddler as bait to stop a driver? Didn't that happen recently?

Oh, this one, also Alabama!

I wondered that as well !
Bait ?
But why a toddler, as at that age they're not going to necessarily follow instructions (wandering all over the place and not walking/staying next to the road) and a man could've stopped, or even an off-duty cop ?
This is so sad, strange, and scary.
Hope Carlee is ok and if someone has her they'll let her go !
Omo.

By the time I get to the last page to read, two more are popping up!

One thing I thought about is this...
If I thought I saw a kid.. or anything else out of place for that matter.. along a dark road is that even with my headlights on, I'd turn the flashlight on my phone (even if I was on a call) and probably the interior lights on as well. Does her phone have the flashlight feature? And if so, was it on when they found her phone? Was her stuff found on the driver side or passenger? (Sorry if I missed it somewhere) Idk maybe I'm weird with my thinking.

I don’t think Carlee was taken by a gator but there are gators everywhere in Alabama. Alabama has water literally everywhere and not just on the Gulf coast.

This may sound ignorant, but how do gators get to the water In lakes and ponds? I live in Metro Atlanta, so similar geography as central Alabama. We also have water e everywhere and are always at the lake. My in-laws live on Lake Oconee, we were there yesterday. Is seeing a gator something I need to add to my list of things to worry about?! I have three young kids, so it’s a long list!

Edited to add: all of our lakes are man-made as the closest large body of water is the Atlantic Ocean 4 hours away in Savannah.

Why would someone do that? What would someone have to gain from doing this? Genuinely curious as it sounds a bit crazy. Does crazy follow this family? I get that everyone has

I’m also in Metro Atlanta, lived here for 32 years. Never once heard of gators up this far. Now I’m scared lol great, one more thing to worry about.
They are in lower parts of NC too. They go dormant in winter.

This may sound ignorant, but how do gators get to the water In lakes and ponds? I live in Metro Atlanta, so similar geography as central Alabama. We also have water e everywhere and are always at the lake. My in-laws live on Lake Oconee, we were there yesterday. Is seeing a gator something I need to add to my list of things to worry about?! I have three young kids, so it’s a long list

They walk. Seriously, they move pretty fast on land. We have them all over MS,. When we have successive heavy rains, they really get moving!

This may sound ignorant, but how do gators get to the water In lakes and ponds? I live in Metro Atlanta, so similar geography as central Alabama. We also have water e everywhere and are always at the lake. My in-laws live on Lake Oconee, we were there yesterday. Is seeing a gator something I need to add to my list of things to worry about?! I have three young kids, so it’s a long list!

Edited to add: all of our lakes are man-made as the closest large body of water is the Atlantic Ocean 4 hours away in Savannah.
I wouldn’t Google that if I were you.

(I did.) :p

I'm leaning toward she was abducted spontaneously by an adult who was near the wooded area. I think she thought she saw a child, but when she got there she actually saw an adult acting strangely, hence the, "Are you okay?"

I could understand wanting to walk away from a high-pressure college-life for awhile, but to stage it so dramatically on a busy highway feels unlikely to me.
(Unless she's having a medical/health event.)

Just my current opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member