GUILTY AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *guilty of escape, disposed of murder* #7

I'm trying to make sense of the charges of murder for VW. As I read the above posts, I'm reading that CW is being charged with the murder of VW. How would that hold up in court if VW's autopsy was ruled suicide?
I think it qualifies because a fatality occurred during the commission of a felony.

JMO

He is charged with murder for her death — on the grounds that she died while he engaged in the crime of escaping from jail. That trial is set for April 17, 2023.

White is also charged with capital murder for the death of Connie Ridgeway in 2015. That trial is set for June 12.

Moo...Casey believed his sentence was unfair..and i agree with her..moo see gang bangers..child killers get much lesser sentences than him... really do not see him as dangerous...moo

Not dangerous? I think the families of his victims, the hostages, and those CW fired shots at when trying to carjack a vehicle beg to differ with OP that CW is not dangerous!
"On the night of December 2, 2015, Casey White broke into his ex-girlfriend’s home, killed her dog, and held her and two other people hostage- firing shots as they escaped. But that’s not all; after that, he stole a car, tried to hijack a trucker at gunpoint, and shot another woman whose car he also tried to steal in Tennessee.
White peacefully surrendered that night. He was sentenced to 75 years in prison. While there, he confessed to the murder of Connie Ridgeway and was charged in 2020."
^^rsbm

A virtual hearing is scheduled to be held for Casey Cole White on January 11, 2023, according to court records.

The scheduling conference, set for 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, will be held via ZOOM.

White is facing separate murder charges in the deaths of Connie Ridgeway and Vicky White. This week’s virtual hearing is for the case of Vicky’s death.

“Law and Crime” recently submitted a request to have cameras inside the courtroom during the trial, but that motion was denied on January 6 citing it would be a “violation of Cannon 3 (7) of the Cannons of Judicial Ethics.”

A virtual hearing is scheduled to be held for Casey Cole White on January 11, 2023, according to court records.

The scheduling conference, set for 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, will be held via ZOOM.

White is facing separate murder charges in the deaths of Connie Ridgeway and Vicky White. This week’s virtual hearing is for the case of Vicky’s death.

“Law and Crime” recently submitted a request to have cameras inside the courtroom during the trial, but that motion was denied on January 6 citing it would be a “violation of Cannon 3 (7) of the Cannons of Judicial Ethics.”

Reporter's error *Canon* not Cannon.

Defense attorneys for Casey White have filed a motion to move his murder trial from the current April 17 start date.

According to online court documents, White’s defense attorneys filed the motion stating, “because of the undersigned’s understanding that this Honorable Court wanted to proceed with CC-20-511 first, Defense counsel will not be prepared or ready for trial in the above-styled case that’s presently set for April 17, 2023.”

White’s defense attorneys are also preparing for his capital murder trial on June 12. The attorneys say they will be prepared for this trial date in the online documents as well.

Lauderdale County Circuit Judge Benjamin Graves on Wednesday set a hearing for Feb. 16 on the issue of postponing the felony murder trial in connection with White’s escape from jail last April and the death of corrections officer Vicky White.

Charging him w felony murder in her death makes her a victim. Shes not a victim. Shes the farthest thing from a victim. She knew what she was doing was wrong, she knew what the consequences would be, she knew how much of a threat to society he was, and when they were closing in on them she made the decision to take her own life because she didnt want to deal w the consequences of her actions. She put so many lives in danger by doing what she did

Charging him w felony murder in her death makes her a victim. Shes not a victim. Shes the farthest thing from a victim. She knew what she was doing was wrong, she knew what the consequences would be, she knew how much of a threat to society he was, and when they were closing in on them she made the decision to take her own life because she didnt want to deal w the consequences of her actions. She put so many lives in danger by doing what she did

But -- she died during his escape. That's the current charge as I understand it.

(Yes, she facilitated that escape.)

Odd & intriguing case, this one!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500