GUILTY AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *guilty of escape, disposed of murder* #7

With all due respect, even if he hadn't already proved that he could maneuver out of custody via seducing a ranking law enforcement officer to death a single 75 year sentence typically works out to about 20, assuming the conviction doesn't get thrown out before then on a technically. No. This guy needs to serve multiple, separate concurrent sentences in a high security facility.

With all due respect, even if he hadn't already proved that he could maneuver out of custody via seducing a ranking law enforcement officer to death a single 75 year sentence typically works out to about 20, assuming the conviction doesn't get thrown out before then on a technically. No. This guy needs to serve multiple, separate concurrent sentences in a high security facility.
BBM

I agree, 75 years is the MAX possible sentence he has right now. It does not figure in good behavior and the possibility of parole. Add another murder conviction and he will be put away for many more years.

JMO

I agree, 75 years is the MAX possible sentence he has right now. It does not figure in good behavior and the possibility of parole.

Wouldn't escaping probably negate the possibility of a "good behavior" reduction in sentence?

(I'm seriously asking. I don't know. But I would think someone who escaped & was on the run for days with weapons and a death resulting -- whether or not he is charged in that death -- would take the "good behavior" possibility off the table.)

MOO.

Court records show a jury trial has been set for Casey White’s felony murder charge on June 12.

His defense said it expected that case to be tried first, however, the court scheduled the Ridgeway trial to begin on August 14.

April

Alabama v. Casey White: Casey White may not have actually killed Vicky White (no relation) at the end of a remarkable manhunt, but Alabama authorities want to hold him responsible for the late sheriff’s deputy’s death. Authorities say that Vicky White, a veteran member of the Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office, helped Casey White, a convicted felon facing a separate murder case, break out of jail after they started a secret love affair. The 11-day manhunt ended violently, as law enforcement closed on on them in the area of Evansville, Indiana. Instead of surrendering alive, Vicky White allegedly shot herself in the head. The charge against Casey White is felony murder during escape in the first degree. The former statute treats as a murder any death that happened during the commission of a felony — here, an escape from prison that rapt the nation’s attention. Trial is scheduled to begin April 17, 2023.

On Monday, the prosecution asked Lauderdale County Judge Benjamin Graves to set a status hearing in the case, which is set to go to trial on June 12. Graves approved that request Monday afternoon and set the hearing for May 4 at the Lauderdale County Courthouse.

Following this case for those 11 days, I still look at it as a love story, too.
I agree. I also think (moo) the crime he was in for 75 years was extreme, in my opinion. I see it as a crime of passion. I wonder what happened to the lady he shot when he hijacked her car? I don't like the fact that he killed a dog. I Love dogs!

I really think they've wanted to bury this guy for a while....I am curious to see what evidence they have on him for Connie Ridgeway. Iirc, there was some rumors of a cover-up, or whatever. I do believe 75 years was extreme. The fact that he supposedly confessed while in custody makes me sus.

April

Alabama v. Casey White: Casey White may not have actually killed Vicky White (no relation) at the end of a remarkable manhunt, but Alabama authorities want to hold him responsible for the late sheriff’s deputy’s death. Authorities say that Vicky White, a veteran member of the Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office, helped Casey White, a convicted felon facing a separate murder case, break out of jail after they started a secret love affair. The 11-day manhunt ended violently, as law enforcement closed on on them in the area of Evansville, Indiana. Instead of surrendering alive, Vicky White allegedly shot herself in the head. The charge against Casey White is felony murder during escape in the first degree. The former statute treats as a murder any death that happened during the commission of a felony — here, an escape from prison that rapt the nation’s attention. Trial is scheduled to begin April 17, 2023.
Why are they charging him with this? Why does it seem like they have it in for the guy? I don't know why I kinda feel sorry for him...I probably shouldn't. Just my heart.

Why are they charging him with this? Why does it seem like they have it in for the guy? I don't know why I kinda feel sorry for him...I probably shouldn't. Just my heart.
I don't feel sorry for him, but I think this charge is ridiculous. Vickie isnt a victim in any of this. Her actions put countless lives in danger. She knew the dangers of what she was doing and still did it.

Casey White has pleaded guilty to the escape charge in the Vicky White murder case, which disposed of the murder charge.

He faces 20 years to life in prison for escape charge. Sentencing is June 8.

Moo..if the sexs had been reversed..male jailer female prisoner ..I believe it would be seen very differently. I do agree they have attitude towards Casey. Well guess he is a lifer now....moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back