Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really!

So Casey is in prison, and Vicky feels bold enough, as @concernedmother said, to go to his mother’s house and visit his grandkid. And send gifts to his son.

She may have been thinking that if she could get him free, they’d have a little family with his son, daughter and grandchild.

And I hope his children mentioned in the article on AL.com, the 12-year old boy and the daughter old enough to have a 2-year old, are doing okay. This has to be rough on them, too, with their awful father on the run and in the news every day.

Imo

I don't get a "bad boy" hang-up vibe from Vicky at all. She divorced her bad-boy husband pretty quickly because of his drug habit, after all.

I get more of a misguided care-taking vibe from her, similar to CW's mother. Something about CW excessively tugged Vicky's care-taking strings. I've read many interviews with former detainees at that jail and all of them talk about how kind, caring and human she was. It seems she was the same - albeit over the top - with Casey White. Writing him, calling him, talking about hiring lawyers to help him, visiting his grandchild, sending Christmas gifts to his children, and ultimately freeing him herself as a last resort.

I don't think she was attracted to bad boys at all. I think she was on a seriously misguided mission to "rescue" him. Similar to a parent bailing out their child time and time again. Why Casey White evoked such an excessive response in her, I do not know. Perhaps his dire situation simply provoked an equally dire response from her. She helped detainees with a lot of "small" things, it seems. But Casey needed a "big" thing and she rose to the occasion. We see parents do this kind of thing all the time on here. That's the vibe I get from Vicky. Parental. Caretaking. Not "I love bad boys". IMO

Link to the letter writing, calling, sending gifts to his kids, visiting his grandchild, talking of hiring lawyers. The rest is all my own opinion.

You raise an excellent point, and it’s a legitimate theory or typology of Vicky’s ‘syndrome’. The bad boy syndrome probably doesn’t apply to Vicky.

However, she did visit a sex shop and I definitely think there was a romantic aspect to her caretaking,

Really!

So Casey is in prison, and Vicky feels bold enough, as @concernedmother said, to go to his mother’s house and visit his grandkid. And send gifts to his son.

She may have been thinking that if she could get him free, they’d have a little family with his son, daughter and grandchild.

And I hope his children mentioned in the article on AL.com, the 12-year old boy and the daughter old enough to have a 2-year old, are doing okay. This has to be rough on them, too, with their awful father on the run and in the news every day.

Imo
wow! I'm speechless

Sad thing is that if VW had been investigated for an inappropriate relationship and fired, she might be alive today.
ITA, but how long were the jail staff(s) aware of VW's inappropriate relationship with CW?

Did any of the jail staff realize it had become inappropriate in 2020? I doubt so, she was not visiting in person, but communicated by phone (or maybe e-mail). When did she arrange for him to get extra food, was it only after he got back the LCJ? Did someone at the either jail help?

IMO, the LCJ staff become lax in rules because they were considered a "family". How and when did she arrange for him to get extra food? Was it extra portions from the jail or did she sneak in homemade food? When he escaped, his weight was estimated between 330-340#. At any rate, did other staff in the any of the facilities realize something shady was going on?

IMO, the only given, is that NO prison/jail staff reported it.

JMO

This is an interview with CW's mother, which she says she has talked to CW post-capture and she also goes into detail about VW where she says she didn't know VW was a prison guard until it made the news. She also says she met VW once.
interesting comments from CW‘s mother. Very revealing about his diagnosis at 18. Bipolar and schizophrenic. Also interesting that he told his Mom VW was going to hire a lawyer to try and get him out of jail legally. I get that people develop relationships at work but Vicky would have known all his red flags. That dual diagnosis is a big heads up that this is not a person who can live an everyday normal life. Even with medication. Not surprising that he would need a caretaker like his Mom mentioned. And lots of structure. A big wow on this one. Maybe Vicky needed to be needed and in a relationship that she could control. IMO/IME

I don't get a "bad boy" hang-up vibe from Vicky at all. She divorced her bad-boy husband pretty quickly because of his drug habit, after all.

I get more of a misguided care-taking vibe from her, similar to CW's mother. Something about CW excessively tugged Vicky's care-taking strings. I've read many interviews with former detainees at that jail and all of them talk about how kind, caring and human she was. It seems she was the same - albeit over the top - with Casey White. Writing him, calling him, talking about hiring lawyers to help him, visiting his grandchild, sending Christmas gifts to his children, and ultimately freeing him herself as a last resort.

I don't think she was attracted to bad boys at all. I think she was on a seriously misguided mission to "rescue" him. Similar to a parent bailing out their child time and time again. Why Casey White evoked such an excessive response in her, I do not know. Perhaps his dire situation simply provoked an equally dire response from her. She helped detainees with a lot of "small" things, it seems. But Casey needed a "big" thing and she rose to the occasion. We see parents do this kind of thing all the time on here. That's the vibe I get from Vicky. Parental. Caretaking. Not "I love bad boys". IMO

Link to the letter writing, calling, sending gifts to his kids, visiting his grandchild, talking of hiring lawyers. The rest is all my own opinion.

co-dependency?

He’s a horrible dangerous person.
And…Suicide is a sad ending but I want to talk about her.
She sure was bossing him around in the wrecked car on that 911 call. I think she chastised him for needing to stay in a hotel. The airbags, we need to run, etc..Perhaps she sought a relationship with a younger (challenged?) incarcerated guy that she could control. JMO but it turned out rather selfish concerning the wake of innocents she left in her “plan-path”.
Then she just checks out.
Unless she had been coming undone.
She sure sounded controlling though…

MOO
She's been telling prisoners what to do for the last twenty years so it probably comes naturally.
I missed a lot this week. Did they buy the pickup truck when the Cooper colored Ford broke down? Did they just go door to door in that neighborhood offering cash for a car?

ITA, but how long were the jail staff(s) aware of VW's inappropriate relationship with CW?

Did any of the jail staff realize it had become inappropriate in 2020? I doubt so, she was not visiting in person, but communicated by phone (or maybe e-mail). When did she arrange for him to get extra food, was it only after he got back the LCJ? Did someone at the either jail help?

IMO, the LCJ staff become lax in rules because they were considered a "family". How and when did she arrange for him to get extra food? Was it extra portions from the jail or did she sneak in homemade food? When he escaped, his weight was estimated between 330-340#. At any rate, did other staff in the any of the facilities realize something shady was going on?

IMO, the only given, is that NO prison/jail staff reported it.

JMO
I don't think any of that jail staff, including Vicky's superiors, even understood what an "inappropriate relationship" looks like. Hugging inmates in court? Really? When is it ever appropriate for a corrections officer to do that? When is it ever appropriate for a guard to do special favors or bring extra food to an inmate? But it appears that was Vicky's "norm" so everyone missed what was right in front of their faces. The climate in that jail, for years apparently, is what allowed Vicky White to conduct a relationship with an inmate and then simply just walk out with him. That just wouldn't happen in a well run prison or jail with a properly trained staff.

The sheriff seemingly wants to blame it all solely on the actions of one guard. But it doesn't work that way. The system they set up allowed a situation where the only obstacle between a prisoner being on the inside and being on the outside was a sole guard. And that should NEVER happen. IMO

Really!

Imo
I imagine his children are really torn in this situation. They have to choose between their father being an "awful" person and simply a person afflicted with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. That has to be an awful place to be and I hope they are getting professional help in sorting out their conflicting feelings. IMO

Ok. One thing that bothers me about Casey's mothers story. She showed up in person to visit the grandson and no one asked her name? Im not buying that.
I get the feeling the mom feels put on the spot, because if she knew who Vicky was, she didn’t report it.

Then again, Casey’s mom is not the professional— she doesn’t know all the ins and outs of protocol, and it isn’t really her responsibility to know if things are being played by the book: It’s the professionals at the jail being paid by the county and state.

I imagine his children are really torn in this situation. They have to choose between their father being an "awful" person and simply a person afflicted with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. That has to be an awful place to be and I hope they are getting professional help in sorting out their conflicting feelings. IMO

I get the feeling the mom feels put on the spot, because if she knew who Vicky was, she didn’t report it.

Then again, Casey’s mom is not the professional— she doesn’t know all the ins and outs of protocol, and it isn’t really her responsibility to know if things are being played by the book: It’s the professionals at the jail bring paid by the county and state.
Didn't think about that but that is a good point. Also she wanted her son to be happy. Even if she did know VW worked there Im sure never in a million years would she expect what was to come. jmo

Then again, Casey’s mom is not the professional— she doesn’t know all the ins and outs of protocol, and it isn’t really her responsibility to know if things are being played by the book: It’s the professionals at the jail being paid by the county and state.
I'm a little conflicted here, myself. CW's mom may have known exactly who VW was. But on the other hand, is she really supposed to know the names and hierarchy of the local county jail? The name "Vicky" may have meant nothing to her at all. Or the names April or Renee (Vicky's other aliases). I think even if Vicky announced herself as Vicky the mother would not have put 2 and 2 together. Until afterwards. She was just CW's girlfriend. IMO

I'm a little conflicted here, myself. CW's mom may have known exactly who VW was. But on the other hand, is she really supposed to know the names and hierarchy of the local county jail? The name "Vicky" may have meant nothing to her at all. Or the names April or Renee (Vicky's other aliases). I think even if Vicky announced herself as Vicky the mother would not have put 2 and 2 together. Until afterwards. She was just CW's girlfriend. IMO
True.

Probably because it is true... In my opinion, with a little more digging, It just might come out that they saw it, might have even reported it, and we're " shushed and poo pooed" away , because VW was in a position of authority, received employee of the Month every 5 seconds, and "bless her heart, she has been here forever..."
We don't know if it is true. At this point, it is just some people's opinion. VW was in a position of authority and apparently earned it and was good at it. And earned the respect of others, including her subordinates and the inmates. It maybe hard for some people to reconcile the two (the accomplished professional she was, and the person who orchestrated a jail breakout), but in the end, both are who VW was.

I do believe that they did love each other. More since the mom spoke out. I didnt think that before and that he used her to get out of jail. jmo
Yeah, similar. I was on the fence as to whether it was sheer calculated predatory behavior on the part of CW or if it was an actual relationship. I'm now off the fence and in a position of recognizing this was a real relationship. IMO

ETA: On the part of Vicky anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members