Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saraland is approximately 15 to 20 minutes north on 1-65 and you exit about half way onto Hwy 43 that angles very slightly north, northeast. I think the accidental discovery by a dive team sounds weird. Here is a local news station with a video clip that says they were tipped off to the location. I think it is too early for any facts to be nailed down. Submerged car and body found in Bayou Sara matches description of Danniella Vian
So doesn’t look like she was heading in the direction of the persons residence she was known to be with. But it does look like she was at least starting off in the direction she was supposed to be going yes? Headed back to look for the phone but she or someone driving her car went way past it. Am I right here?

As a resident of Saraland, you don't just accidentally drive off that boat launch. She'd have to get off I-65 on Celeste road, turn on to highway 43, off 43 on to some small neighborhood and then happen upon that launch.

I don't think anyone would take I-65 to go back to the bar/restaurant where she left her phone. You would take in town streets. Also not in the direction of the friend's house. I agree with the Saraland resident above...you don't go there unless you mean to go there.

It is Bayou SARA, not Sera.

From this live video...

The car will remain submerged until morning. A friend of Daniella’s is on the scene and will not leave until they pull the car out. This friend actually lives in this neighborhood and is completely stunned that this is where Daniella has been the whole time. She worries that Daniella has been found in the trunk.

From this live video...

The car will remain submerged until morning. A friend of Daniella’s is on the scene and will not leave until they pull the car out. This friend actually lives in this neighborhood and is completely stunned that this is where Daniella has been the whole time. She worries that Daniella has been found in the trunk.
That would be a good reason to automatically investigate it as a homicide.

From this live video...

But they couldn't open the trunk in the water, how would they know anyone was in there? I think she has to have been in a seat where they saw a body through the window. If she was in the back seat they could almost automatically rule it a homicide. Or if there are obvious injuries. We will hear from them tomorrow I'm sure, I don't want to speculate on possible injuries with no information.

I used to live on South Alabama's campus as well. I always found the interstate part of the story odd. There's several other routes that make more sense. Even them being at the shell is super strange. They left old shell road with intentions of going to another bar off old shell road. Why did they even end up at government and 65?

I used to live on South Alabama's campus as well. I always found the interstate part of the story odd. There's several other routes that make more sense. Even them being at the shell is super strange. They left old shell road with intentions of going to another bar off old shell road. Why did they even end up at government and 65?
Maybe they met up with someone?

But they couldn't open the trunk in the water, how would they know anyone was in there? I think she has to have been in a seat where they saw a body through the window. If she was in the back seat they could almost automatically rule it a homicide. Or if there are obvious injuries. We will hear from them tomorrow I'm sure, I don't want to speculate on possible injuries with no information.
Also doubt it'd be a good idea to go fumbling around in the car without proper precautions for evidence being in place.

MSM so far:

Human remains found in car matching one driven by missing Mobile mother - al.com
Humans remains and a car matching the one driven by missing Mobile woman Danniella Vian have been found in a remote part of Mobile County.

A blue Chevy Cruz was found while law enforcement conducted diving drills at a location in Bayou Sara, a few miles north of Saraland, according to Mobile Police Department.
Human remains discovered in submerged vehicle in Bayou Sara
Officials have confirmed that the car discovered is the same vehicle missing Mobile woman Danniella Vian was last seen in.
Submerged car and body found in Bayou Sara matches description of Danniella Vian
Dive teams have confirmed there are human remains inside the car and they are investigating this case as a Homicide.

Our sources told us that investigators will not pull up the car from the water until Friday at the earliest, due to the sensitive nature of the underwater crime scene.
Human remains found in Bayou Sara may be missing woman Danniella Vian

Cassie Fambro - NBC 15

Cassie Fambro - NBC 15

Human remains discovered in submerged vehicle in Bayou Sara

Am I losing my mind? I watched twice and didn't hear anything about a tip. :confused:
The link is not showing the same clip as last night. The clip from last night was a live broadcast from the Channel 15 news desk right after the news broke and details were still coming in. You are right, everywhere else it said there were training drills, so it caught my attention when he said that. The clip I saw may be gone forever, but I will look around and see if I can find it.

There is a news presser with the chief of police going on now.

The police chief Batiste, says it will be a long recovery process, but he will try to make hourly updates. He reiterated that this was a joint training exercise with divers from Mobile and Saraland that discovered the car.

I heard a news anchor last night say they'd been told both that the dive team was training and that they received a tip, but had been unable to confirm. I haven't checked all of the updated stories this am, but I think that the dive team has done training exercises there before.

Also, you can get to Saraland from both directions of the interstate. If you took the interstate to the left, it would have been interstate until the Saraland exit and multiple exits could have been taken. If she took it to the right then she would have traveled through Downtown Mobile and eventually gotten back on the interstate. The latter being probably the slower of the 2 routes because you have to deal with traffic lights, slower speed limits, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa