Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The portion about the vehicles that arrived at the gas station eliminates the possibility of 3 different cars. I wonder if that was confirmed to Lagniappe prior to publishing or if it was a detail they missed?

MOO, JDT was the provider of this information. Maybe confirmed with LE but I would think they would state that.

Going off @theides excellent commentary.
RE: "It's just not an area where she knows anybody or has any reason to be."
I really don't understand that either. I honestly don't think anyone in my life would be able to say something like that for an area that was within 30 minutes of my house- even my ex's mother who I was super close with. There's no way JDT knows where all of DNV's co workers live, all of her friends, etc that's just such a strange thing to say. I do wonder how close they were though for her to even think she could comment on that. Maybe we're all just completely off and they were super close and ????? No there's just no way. Weird thing to say, kinda makes me think along the lines of "woahhh that is SUCH a random place, no need to even look into it because it's SOOO random so don't bother sleuthing who lives around there"

Also I think the missing 3 cars is just an oversight by the writer JMO

This put me in mind of the Amberly Barnett case where the POI keep checking a specific area (woods behind his house) and telling LE he already checked there so no need to bother.

MOO, JDT was the provider of this information. Maybe confirmed with LE but I would think they would state that.
I'm thinking it came per JDT as well, possibly confirmed by detectives to her, but who really knows at this point lol. It was stated so matter of factly. I am considering reaching out to the author and just asking. Considering the last MSM article stated Cars 1-3 way back, I think it's a fair question.

I'm thinking it came per JDT as well, possibly confirmed by detectives to her, but who really knows at this point lol. It was stated so matter of factly. I am considering reaching out to the author and just asking. Considering the last MSM article stated Cars 1-3 way back, I think it's a fair question.[/QUOTE
That's what I thought. It was stated in a way that really gave no consideration to a possible 3rd car.

Yeah I wrote my comment within the quote...my bad.

That's what I thought. It was stated in a way that really gave no consideration to a possible 3rd car.

Interesting, I don't remember that. Here's the timeline from the first page of thread #5 from @Vail

Timeline:
July17 - Purchased car at Pearl Motors Inc at ?
July17 - Arrived at Dublin Pub at ?
July17 - 10:45pm - Left Dublin pub, reportedly headed to Ollie's
July17 - Approx 11:00 - Is reportedly following DW (riving his rental)south on 90 when she flashes her lights to pull over (this is in the opposite direction of Ollie's)
July17 - 11:05PM - Both cars on video at Shell Station
July17 - around 11PM last GPS location and activity on phone at Shell Station, after this there is no further activity. GPS is disabled.
July17 -11:07PM - One car leaves
July17 - 11:08PM - Another car pulls in both cars stay parked
July17 - 11:24PM - Both cars leave
July17 - Approx 11:45pm DW returns to Dublin's to retrieve Danni's phone
July 18 Approx 12am Arrives at Ollie's and stays for a few minutes
July 18 1:00 am DW Returns rental car
July20 - Reported missing by JT and DW together in person
July 20 - Police search Danni's apartment
July25 - Confirmed Case given to Mobile Homicide by media
July27 - Vigil held at 7:30PM Cottage Hill / Medal of Honor Park (organized by Julie)
Aug 2 - PD holds press conference

Facts as we know them:
1. DW was the last person known to see Danni
2. DW's story is inconsistent and has changed
3. DW had a rental car that night
4. LE has Danni's phone, which was found at Dublin's
5. Danni's apartment was searched
6. Danni's car was newly purchased with paper tags (no plates)
7. MK and RC are silent since
8. Danni's daughter is fine and with JDT
9.There was a LoJack tracking device on Danni's car that was tracked to the shell station. References to a GPS ping refer to the LoJack device on her car NOT her phone. The last ping was at the Shell.
10. Danni's phone is confirmed to have been retrieved from Dublin's by DW and is now in LE possession.
11. LE have CCTV of the gas station showing Danni together with DW and Danni with another car
12. TT was in rehab the night Danni disappeared.
13. LE state they have no evidence of homicide, however the case is being handled by homicide.
14. A large amount of cash was found in Danni's apartment along with a recent list of life goals.
15. Danni does not have a history of drug abuse, and was successfully employed at the time of her disappearance.

Thanks for posting this! The only additional point to consider is that time stamps on cell phones and on the CCTV footage may not be aligned, and a discrepancy of even a few minutes can make a difference with such a tight timeline.

My e-mail:

Hi Jason, I have a question regarding your recent article about Danniella Vian. Previous news articles had mentioned Car 1, Car 2, and Car 3 in the surveillance video from NBC, but I noticed that you had stated there were only 2 vehicles. Not sure if you can divulge your source or anything, but I was wondering if that had been confirmed? Thank you for your time!​

From Jason:

There's been speculation about whether it was a third car or the first car leaving and then returning shortly afterward. It's kind of hard to make anything out of the video and even harder to get anything from the screenshot of the video that's still online since the video was taken down. So, it's hard to say with certainty, but I've only heard the police mention two cars, and when I spoke to Julie Thomas, she didn't mention the third either.

I wouldn't say anyone has concretely confirmed the number of cars but they've not ever mentioned the third car to my knowledge. I probably should have mentioned that there was uncertainty about a third car, though. I may add that to the online version now just so it's not misleading.

My e-mail:

Hi Jason, I have a question regarding your recent article about Danniella Vian. Previous news articles had mentioned Car 1, Car 2, and Car 3 in the surveillance video from NBC, but I noticed that you had stated there were only 2 vehicles. Not sure if you can divulge your source or anything, but I was wondering if that had been confirmed? Thank you for your time!​

From Jason:

There's been speculation about whether it was a third car or the first car leaving and then returning shortly afterward. It's kind of hard to make anything out of the video and even harder to get anything from the screenshot of the video that's still online since the video was taken down. So, it's hard to say with certainty, but I've only heard the police mention two cars, and when I spoke to Julie Thomas, she didn't mention the third either.

I wouldn't say anyone has concretely confirmed the number of cars but they've not ever mentioned the third car to my knowledge. I probably should have mentioned that there was uncertainty about a third car, though. I may add that to the online version now just so it's not misleading.

WHAT??????? So where did "car 3" come from????? So basically this is saying DW and DNV pulled up to shell, stayed there about 30 minutes during which time the gps tracker on DNV's car stopping pinging then both cars left???????

WHAT??????? So where did "car 3" come from????? So basically this is saying DW and DNV pulled up to shell, stayed there about 30 minutes during which time the gps tracker on DNV's car stopping pinging then both cars left???????
Car 3 came from the original article by NBC 15. They are the ones who originally posted the surveillance video, and they are the ones who did the labeling of Cars 1-3 and the times they left and arrived. The cars didn't sit there the whole time, though. Car 2 did, but Car 1 left at one point and returned if you accept the 2 car theory, or Car 1 left and Car 3 arrived. He did say it's not concrete and will probably edit the article to say it's not completely certain, so keep that in mind, but the fact that he stated that he's only ever heard LE mention 2 vehicles is very interesting.

Car 3 came from the original article by NBC 15. They are the ones who originally posted the surveillance video, and they are the ones who did the labeling of Cars 1-3 and the times they left and arrived. The cars didn't sit there the whole time, though. Car 2 did, but Car 1 left at one point and returned if you accept the 2 car theory, or Car 1 left and Car 3 arrived. He did say it's not concrete and will probably edit the article to say it's not completely certain, so keep that in mind, but the fact that he stated that he's only ever heard LE mention 2 vehicles is very interesting.

But according to the article he said "Surveillance footage from the gas station caught Vian’s car and another vehicle arriving at 11:05 p.m., and then leaving at or around 11:24 p.m." which says to me he's saying both cars pulled in, both cars stayed there for 19 minutes, then both cars left.

The video shows two cars pulling in, one of those cars leaving, and another car pulling in a minute later. I think the video is so dark the reporters who wrote the story could not conclusively state the car that pulled out was the same car that pulled back in, so they just said cars 1, 2, and 3.

But according to the article he said "Surveillance footage from the gas station caught Vian’s car and another vehicle arriving at 11:05 p.m., and then leaving at or around 11:24 p.m." which says to me he's saying both cars pulled in, both cars stayed there for 19 minutes, then both cars left.

On the video, A car leaves and A car pulls back in. So Car 1 could have done a loop, or it could have left and another car pulled back in.

The video shows two cars pulling in, one of those cars leaving, and another car pulling in a minute later. I think the video is so dark the reporters who wrote the story could not conclusively state the car that pulled out was the same car that pulled back in, so they just said cars 1, 2, and 3.

Quoting myself because reporters could not tell from the video but LE may have been able to enhance the video and have car experts conclude that the same car pulled back in even if they could not see the license plate.

Release the video!

Quoting myself because reporters could not tell from the video but LE may have been able to enhance the video and have car experts conclude that the same car pulled back in even if they could not see the license plate.

Release the video!
This. It is entirely possible that NBC's report was incorrect. I'm more prone to believe a reporter who can cite LE as opposed to what reporters originally thought when viewing the grainy video. I wonder... if it was taken down for exactly that reason. False info.

This. It is entirely possible that NBC's report was incorrect. I'm more prone to believe a reporter who can cite LE as opposed to what reporters originally thought when viewing the grainy video. I wonder... if it was taken down for exactly that reason. False info.

This is just a general statement and not directed at you, theides. But I'm going to be pedantic and I rarely defend journalists but I don't think the initial reporter's report was incorrect either. I think they did always say "a car pulls in..." describing the scene. Imagine you are outside my office looking in the window. The curtains are drawn and you just see a silhouette. Every 10 minutes I walk past the window and all you can see is a shadow. You might count 10 times you saw the shadow at the window and say, "10 people walked in and out of Alethea's office last night." If you asked my secretary, who is inside in the light, she would say "I saw Alethea walk in and out of her office 10 times last night."

So I don't really think anything we've heard has been incorrect reporting. I think the reporters just recounted what they saw on the video, which is dark. If this reporter got confirmation from LE that there were only two cars, and car 1 did infact do a loop around the gas pumps, then that's what happened I guess.

I would like LE make a statement about this though. Hopefully we have some news soon.

Interesting, I don't remember that. Here's the timeline from the first page of thread #5 from @Vail

Updated one from this thread (Car 3 here could be the same as Car 1, as is being discussed)

July17 - Purchased car in the afternoon with JDT where she last saw DV drive off.
July17 - Evening - arrived at Hero's in downtown Mobile where her friend RC was bartending. At some point RC's friend DW arrives with MK(unknown relationship).
July 17 Before 10pm - DV leaves Hero's with DM and MK to go to Dublin's to wait for RC's shift to end, after which he would meet them.
July 17 - DV, DM and MK arrive at Dublin's
July 17 - 10:45pm RC texts them to meet him at Ollie's. They all leave Dublin's.
July17 - Approx 11:00 - DV Is reportedly following DW south on 90 when she flashes her lights to pull over (original story)
July17 - 11:05PM - Car 1 DW and Car 2 DV on video at Shell Station entering from right (West as camera appears south-facing towards road)
July17 - around 11PM last GPS location and activity on phone at Shell Station, after this there is no further activity. GPS is disabled.
July17 -11:07PM - Car 1 leaves
July17 - 11:08PM -Car 3 pulls in and both Car 3 and Car 2 DV stay parked
July17 - 11:24PM - Car 2 DV and car 3 leave turning left towards interstate/frontage road
July17 - Approx 11:45pm DW returns to Dublin's to retrieve DV's phone
July 18 Approx 12am DW Arrives at Ollie's and stays for a few minutes
July 18 7:30am JDT receives a call from DW that he has DV's phone. JDT says to drop it off at PF Chang's
July 19 - DV misses work and her date with her daughter.
July 20 - DW calls JDT again about DV's phone. JDT tells him to meet her at the police station.
July 20 - Reported missing by JT and DW together in person. DW gives DV's phone to LE.
July 20 - Police search DV's apartment
July 25 - Confirmed Case given to Mobile Homicide by media
July 27 - Vigil held at 7:30PM Cottage Hill / Medal of Honor Park
Aug 2 - PD holds press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics