Found Deceased AL - Garrett Walker, 20, left bar, University of Alabama student, Tuscaloosa, 6 Nov 2021

All I can think of with all these drowning deaths is maybe while walking, they just thought the river looked nice, and wanted to go sit by it, but were too drunk and stumbled. This almost happened to me as a college student in a college drinking town. One summer, I was very intoxicated at a bar, walked out back for a cigarette, and the river is RIGHT next to this bar. I went to go sit at the rivers edge ("because it looked pretty and nice") and very nearly fell in.
Idk what else could be the reasoning because it happens SOOO much it's insane.

NOV 7, 2022

TUSCALOOSA, AL — The family of a University of Alabama student who died in an accidental drowning in the Black Warrior River a year ago has sued a bar in downtown Tuscaloosa, alleging the establishment violated multiple laws leading to his death.

More at Tuscaloosa Bar Sued For Wrongful Death Of UA Student
It is a well-known fact that Tuscaloosa bars "look the other way" when students drink alcohol. It is a University party town. The bars make most of their money from underaged college students. This should be changed and the Alabama alcohol laws strictly enforced, which will significantly decrease the bar profits or continue the status quo. A family who sends their student to a college should do due diligence concerning the bar scene before choosing a college town. It is illegal in Alabama for this young man and the other students to drink, but as long as the alcohol establishments and the city allow it, it will continue. I am in no way saying that this is the parents' fault... quite the opposite. However, this is how it is in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I hope and pray that the parents get justice for their son.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back