Found Deceased AL - Hayden Mayberry, 26, Walker County, 19 November 2019

dotr

Reaction score
Search to get underway Saturday for missing Walker Co. man
RQFVTBKYMRC77MX422EG2RBMWU.PNG

December 6, 2019
WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WBRC) - Walker County Sheriff investigators are continuing to look for a 26-year-old man. Hayden Mayberry has been missing since November 19th.

“I’m worried to death. I don’t know what to do,” Jensen Lefan said.

Lefan is the mother of Mayberry’s one year old son. Mayberry disappeared from the Boldo community north of Jasper. Lefan said Mayberry would not go a day without calling or seeing his son. “I don’t know what to do. This is not like him at all,” Lefan said.

The Walker County Sheriff’s office launched an investigation on November 26th. They executed search warrants at the the house where Mayberry lived and interviewed those living there.

“I’m scared over what we could find, but I’m ready to find something. Somebody knows something,” Lefan said.

Investigators believe foul play could be involved. They are aware some people have tried to get money out of the missing man’s family.

“There are some sorry people out there. They troll the internet. They see things like this and they target people who become victims,” Carl Carpenter, Walker Co. Sheriff Investigator said.

“He is a fine person he never met a stranger. He talked to them like he knew them his whole life,” Lefan said.

Investigators do not believe Mayberry has been kidnapped."

"The Walker County Sheriff's Office is warning the public about a ransom scam involving the search for a missing man. This evening, several people have reported an attempted extortion attempt from a scammer texting them in reference to Hayden Mayberry, who is recently reported as missing. The scammer is asking for a ransom to be paid in exchange for Mayberry. Please be advised that this is a scam and not legitimate. If you have been targeted in this scam, please contact Investigator Carl Carpenter at the Walker County Sheriff’s Office at (205) 302-6464."
Investigation continues in missing 26-year-old
Dec 6 2019
"Authorities said they have executed six search warrants in the case, and one of the items specifically mentioned being found was Mayberry’s eye glasses.

Smith said a search of a wooded area in Boldo will take place, in hopes of finding clues to Mayberry’s whereabouts. The sheriff’s office is asking local residents to volunteer to search the area. Anyone interested can meet on Saturday at 9 a.m. at the sheriff’s office in downtown Jasper.

Investigator Carl Carpenter said phone records showed that Mayberry’s phone has not been used since Nov. 19. Carpenter said he is hopeful the search will be helpful in turning up clues in the case.

“I believe we can find anything from Hayden himself to things that may have been left behind because he ran through the woods or went through the woods,” Carpenter said. “I just really don’t know. We’re hoping to find anything that helps in the case.”

Carpenter added that foul play could not be ruled out at this point in the investigation.

“Given the circumstances, we have to lean that way,” Carpenter said. “If there was foul play involved, we want to uncover as much information as possible so we can have a strong case if it does need to go to the district attorney. The way I conduct investigations, everyone is a suspect until I can absolutely prove that you are not, so I would say I have at least a dozen persons of interest in mind.”

Carpenter confirmed there had been at least two victims of a scam related to Mayberry’s disappearance"

Though our efforts were not as fruitful as we hoped for today, a seed of hope was planted in our community. Our community came together today, and almost 100 people were searching for Hayden Mayberry. If you have any information about Hayden's whereabouts or other pertinent information regarding this case, please call Investigator Carpenter at 205-302-6464. Your tips, as always, remain anonymous.

Walker County Sheriff's Office

Trying to put together what is actually going on here - it seems like all we know is he disappeared, LE believes he ran through 'the woods' and LE have found some of his stuff.

Foul play possible in Walker County disappearance

Summarizing key facts:

Hayden Mayberry, the father of a young child, hasn’t been seen since Nov. 19.
Sheriff’s officials said they have executed six search warrants in connection with the case.
Lead Investigator Carl Carpenter said there is no physical evidence or testimony to suggest Mayberry has been kidnapped but said they have to believe foul play is a possibility at this point.
They have Mayberry’s eyeglasses
His phone also has not been used since his disappearance.
Cadaver dogs have been deployed in the search but have not been reported to find anything.
Items were discovered prior to Saturday's search that could be of importance to the investigation and are in the process of being examined to determine their relevance.

Hayden Mayberry

Does Hayden have a record?

Someone asked about Hayden having a record & I found this. This escape ended up killing someone I’ve known since I was 4 years old. LEOs mistakenly thought he was one of the escaped inmates, while in his car a few hours away, & ran him off the road, killing him. Anyway, Hayden was involved in that escape.

Sister and boyfriend helped peanut butter jail escape, cops say

Jensen Lefan told investigators she helped her brother Brady Kilpatrick escape from an Alabama jail because he's family.

And Lefan's boyfriend, Hayden Mayberry, told authorities he helped his girlfriend because "you do crazy things for love," according to a Martin County Sheriff's arrest report.

Now, both are sitting in jail after Martin County Sheriff's investigators say they helped Kilpatrick evade authorities by driving him about 800 miles to a home near Tequesta where he was found and arrested around 7 p.m. Tuesday.

Lefan, 18, and Mayberry, 24, are both charged with aiding an escape.

Persons of interests connected to missing Walker County man’s disappearance in custody, interviewed

This is the same link as JerseyGirl posted above, but it’s been updated.

From the article:

“The Walker County Sheriff’s Office announce that the remaining persons of interest in connection to missing Hayden Mayberry have been arrested for outstanding warrants.

The remaining two persons of interest that were arrested, Charity Dove Watts Tessener and Tommy Edwards Welch, were interviewed at length. The information received from the two helped investigators shorten the list of potential suspects.

There are no definitive suspects at this time.”

Possibility? :(

FEB 1, 2020
Body found in Walker County; may be missing person
[...]

...deputies are investigating a crime scene where the body was found earlier this afternoon.

...because of the location of the body and other potential evidence, the sheriff's office has reason to believe the body is that of an individual who has been reported missing.

More details will be released at a press conference to be scheduled on Monday.

Possibility? :(

FEB 1, 2020
Body found in Walker County; may be missing person
[...]

...deputies are investigating a crime scene where the body was found earlier this afternoon.

...because of the location of the body and other potential evidence, the sheriff's office has reason to believe the body is that of an individual who has been reported missing.

More details will be released at a press conference to be scheduled on Monday.

Possibility indeed.

However, they use the term “body” instead of remains, which sounds fresh, but this jargon is not always an indicator, moo.

The Walker County Sheriff's Office says the body discovered on Saturday belongs to missing person Hayden Mayberry.

The preliminary cause of death is suicide by probable hanging. Other evidence at the scene indicates the death could be suspicious and the investigation is ongoing.

Body found in Walker County belongs to missing person Hayden Mayberry

Found deceased

FEB 4, 2020
Body identified as Hayden Mayberry
[...]

"At this point in the investigation, we do not feel that we have obtained the entire truth of the matter, and we will continue to look," Investigator Carl Carpenter said. He declined to discuss the evidence found more specifically, citing the ongoing investigation.

Also noting:
  • Hayden was found less than 1/4 of a mile from an area that was previously searched - on private property.
  • This property wasn't included in the initial search because investigators had no reason to believe Hayden was there.
  • Over a dozen search warrants and subpoenas have been obtained.
  • On 12/26, Rosa Rice was charged with obstructing governmental operations. Hayden was last seen at her residence and she provided false statements that led to misdirection in the investigation.
"It has been very difficult to determine the actual events because of inconsistencies in accounts, direct falsehoods provided to investigators and other forms of omissions and deceptions," Carpenter said.

Carpenter stressed that the cause [of death] was based on a "limited amount of current fact and circumstances."

[...]

Hayden Mayberry
Jensen Hayden Mayberry
Hayden Mayberry

Those charged:

https://www.facebook.com/chardovwatts
Jw Stone
Tommy Edward Welch (note: a minor)
Rosa Rice People talking about her in past tense

Body identified as Hayden Mayberry
Noting:
Mayberry was reported missing by the mother of his child, who "felt that something bad may have happened" following an argument on Nov. 19, the last day she had contact with him, about limits on visiting their son.

Carpenter said Mayberry would be allowed to continue seeing his son but would no longer be able to take him for overnight stays because of his recent lifestyle choices.

Mayberry's most recent romantic interest told investigators that she also had last seen him on Nov. 19 and that others had said he had left through the back door of the residence and into a wooded area.

Human remains were found Saturday by a couple walking along the road in Boldo. A call was placed to Walker County E-911, which notified the Sheriff's Office at 3:15 p.m.

Members of the Boldo Fire Department and emergency management personnel found Mayberry's remains in a wooded area in the 50
0 block of Pine Drive, a short distance from where he went missing.

Mayberry was found in a thick wooded area about 100 feet off the roadway. He was found fully clothed and was badly decomposed.

I'm not connecting why this group of people would murder Hayden (note Hayden is connected to Rosa through her son who is his friend - that guy has not been named in the media as being charged). It is possible there is meth use involved, though, so maybe this is a crazy OD coverup or he really did choose to end it that night. I hope they can figure it out for his family's sake. These people were supposed to be his friends.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back