AL AL - Heaven Ross, 11, Northport, 19 Aug 2003

Thanks Jat, this, too, is one of the cases I would really like to see solved.

This case has taken a long time to solve. I hope it can be solved and solved soon. I hate to think that a child killer is out walking around and able to kill again.

This case breaks my heart.
I hope her killer is found, and soon.

Just started reading this case and want to know if a cause of death was ever released in this case.
Also did Shae's sister ever comment on the case? I bet she has a wealth of information.
I feel like LE may know who did this, and can't understand after all these years why no arrest has been made.
Does anyone have any updated info on this case? I will go and try to find some more recent info. Shae deserves justice!

I will be posting this in several threads, but, wanted to add to this one. I have also never forgotten about Heaven. This little girl never got the media attention she deserved from the beginning. I remember that she went missing during the "Roy Moore" drama. All the media wanted to focus on was "Roy Moore". My dad got irate and called all of the local news channels to let them know what he thought. One news channel asked him "Are you saying that you think that's more news worthy than what's going on in Montgomery?". My dad got so mad that he called a national radio show and they out him on the air to relieve his anger LOL!

Anyways.....I have attempted to reach Heaven's family thru LE. I am determined to invite every family member I can find to the event listed below. I have not heard from them yet. I have also not heard back from LE...they promised they would attempt to get in touch with them. IDK...So, here's my info.

:unksam:
Hello Group!

My name is Angie Cantrell and I am from the B'ham area. I am a member of the Alabama Association of Private Investigator's as well as the Walker County Rescue Squad in Jasper, AL.

Our Association will be hosting 3 Alabama stops for the "On The Road To Remember Tour" in August. Our Rescue Squad will be planning and assisting with the stop in the B'ham area. Our featured case will be Nadia Kersh.

We are attempting to contact as many family members, friends and supporters as we can to let them know about these events. I will post the information on the Alabama stops below. You can also go to the tour's main web site to find details for the other states they will be visiting this year.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/category/national-road-tour/

B'ham (Pelham actually)

Date: August 19th
Time: 12PM until
200 Terrace Drive
Pelham, AL. 35124
Featured Case: Nadia Kersh
Events will include: Hot Dog Cookout, Balloon Release, Candlelight Vigil and Dove Release (If allowed at location)
Coordinator: Angie Cantrell - Chris Cantrell
abcantrell@gmail.com

Montgomery

Date: August 19th
Time: 3PM - 7PM
335 Coosa Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
Coordinators: Scott Hadley - soctt351150@yahoo.com
Robert Johnson - knighthawk194@hotmail.com

Mobile

Date: August 24th
Time: 9AM until
2703 Battleship Parkway
Mobile, AL. 36602
Coordinator: Michelle Alfonso - michelle@baldwininvestigativegroup.com

Thank You for your support! Please feel free to contact any of the coordinators if you have any questions!

Bumping for Shae. I have often thought about her and can not understand why this murder has not been solved. I believe LE knows who is responsible!

This case has always touched my heart,I have read everything and I Have Been following it for years.
I must say there is something Fishy and not right about this.I think someone just snatched her off of the street,considering the Aniversarry killer .I don't think "Kevin" has something to do with this,IMO. But Im not a expert at this, Since im new here i thought i would post something :D

I stand behind my original theory that Heaven is a victim of a serial killer. The Shannon Paulk case happened two years prior and under almost exactly the same circumstances. Also the Teressa Dean case is very similar and it has been state that they can not rule out a connection in these cases, I think they even gave him a name if he exist as the anniversary killer.
I live in Alabama, not far from where Heaven went missing and later found. This case always haunts me and always has. I have two daughters Heaven, Shannons age, it scares me this person is still out there.

I Agree,That is also my therory,too but I thought that there could be others.So i came up with that but I think the "Aniversarry Killer" Hurt her.

I stand behind my original theory that Heaven is a victim of a serial killer. The Shannon Paulk case happened two years prior and under almost exactly the same circumstances. Also the Teressa Dean case is very similar and it has been state that they can not rule out a connection in these cases, I think they even gave him a name if he exist as the anniversary killer.
I live in Alabama, not far from where Heaven went missing and later found. This case always haunts me and always has. I have two daughters Heaven, Shannons age, it scares me this person is still out there.

I guess I am on the fence about who killed Heaven. I think it could be a serial killer but the intentionally set fire in her bedroom is too suspicious. I sway toward believeing that Kevin may have killed her.

I guess I am on the fence about who killed Heaven. I think it could be a serial killer but the intentionally set fire in her bedroom is too suspicious. I sway toward believeing that Kevin may have killed her.

I have always believed that kevin was the killer, I think that the location as to where she was found was at a location that kevin would know, I think at one point he or the entire family lived near that area? or at least a location where he would have known travelling to and from the actual location of the home they lived at prior to them living at the mobil home park where she went missing. I just wonder why police haven't still been working this case and allowed it to go cold, jmo, you have to work on something if you ever intend to find a resolution to it, puzzles require hours of pains taking peicing together before the real picture reveals itself.

I have always believed that kevin was the killer, I think that the location as to where she was found was at a location that kevin would know, I think at one point he or the entire family lived near that area? or at least a location where he would have known travelling to and from the actual location of the home they lived at prior to them living at the mobil home park where she went missing. I just wonder why police haven't still been working this case and allowed it to go cold, jmo, you have to work on something if you ever intend to find a resolution to it, puzzles require hours of pains taking peicing together before the real picture reveals itself.

I Am more Towards Kevin as the killer also.I think LE needs to re investigate, This Poor girl needs justice. I have been trying to figure this case out for years. And i have been looking into it since 2003.This Is the case that got me into Missing children.
(As in my Other post, I miss typed saying"I don't think Kevin is the killer" and "think the so called anniversary killer got her" It was meant to be the other way around :p just so people are not like shes a hypocrite)

Thinking of Heaven today. My niece adopted her years ago for Project Jason's Adopt a Missing Person Program. We will never forget her. Wishing closure and justice for this little girl<3

I have always wondered if it's possible that the "anniversary" killer was responsible for Shae's murder...
But that her stepfather was responsible for something else and set fire to her room when he realized she was gone.
To cover up other crimes to avoid being looked at for her disappearance?

I mean how freaky would it be if you were abusing your stepdaughter and then she disappeared?
You would wonder if she ran away, killed herself, got abducted... and you would know an investigation would center on her room.

Just a thought that has always been on my mind when I hear of Shae's case.

I check on this case every few months. This one is just close to me for some reason. I just do not think it was an anniversary killer but someone closer to home. This case is so cold. I wonder if the police are even still looking. I somehow just dont think the family is up in the police station all the time bugging them like most families are. I feel strongly that this could be solved but saddened by the fact that it may not.

I think this is a solvable case. Either this was a personal crime by someone she knew and trusted, or maybe even linked to others? (Tabitha Tuders, Morgan Nick?)

An article from last month marking ten years since Shae's murder. Her mother has been diagnosed with cancer, and is afraid she will die without Shae's killer brought to justice.

Heaven LaShae Ross 10 years later: highly publicized disappearance, murder remains unsolved
By Stephanie Taylor
Staff writer | The Tuscaloosa News
Published: Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 11:00 p.m. Last Modified: Friday, August 16, 2013 at 5:34 p.m.

It was late summer 2003 when Shae Ross disappeared during a rainy Tuesday morning walk to the bus stop at Willowbrook Trailer Park in Northport. Monday marks the 10-year anniversary of her disappearance.

snipped
It's been seven years since that grim discovery and investigators are still searching for her killer.
“I'm at peace with her death,” Alex Ross said. “I've been at peace since they found her. But I want to know who did it and why.”

snipped
“We checked out every lead,” said Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office Division Chief Loyd Baker. “You never know if someone is giving you a good lead under a guise because they don't want to incriminate themselves or someone else.”

snipped
“I love her. I miss her. I miss her so much. I've missed knowing what she would have been like. I've missed raising her, teaching her,” she said. “Sometimes this is all too much to bear.”

snipped
Shae was a tomboy who wasn't afraid to get muddy playing in the nearby creek. She played trombone and dressed as a cheerleader for Halloween. Her diary is full of entries about how much she loved her sister. She only wrote in it for a few months, but several of the blank pages she intended to fill are numbered in her messy 10-year-old script
Much more at the link

The article also mentions the similarities between Shae's murder, the murder of Shannon Paulk, and the disappearance of Teresa Dean.

Abducted from trailer parks on U.S. Highway 82
Were 11-years-old
Abducted exactly two years apart, on almost the same dates in August.

Teresa Dean -- August 15, 1999
Shannon Paulk -- August 16, 2001
Shae Ross -- August 19, 2003

AL AL - Shannon Paulk murder, age 11, Prattville, 2001 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

GA GA - Teresa Melissa Dean, 11, Macon, 15 Aug 1999 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back