GUILTY AL - Hiawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014

I tend to scan read so forgive me if this had been posted. I suppose this is the highest form of denial?

Hiawatha’s mother: I don’t believe he killed his daughter
http://fox10tv.com/2014/12/16/hiawathas-mother-i-dont-believe-he-killed-his-daughter/

Thank you for that. For a moment, I thought it read "Hiawayi's mother", which would have startled me. We haven't seen any evidence yet, so we don't know, but I'm assuming that there's DNA evidence. However, I think that mothers of criminals have developed denial into a high art form. I would not be surprised if she said she didn't believe it, even if he had been caught in the act. (I've read too many, "My son was a good boy," stories.)

Healing service to be held at Mount Hebron Church | FOX10 News | Fox10tv.com

(snip)
588105f5c52c57a1f85603f0299e4db8.jpg

9ce6350f149d1d01aba877b20fd1af98.jpg

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) – We’re learning more about a service to help people heal following the arrest of Hiawtha Robinson in the death of his 8-year-old daughter, Hiawayi Robinson.
1cbef7a1e762f2f3d3523a2c55e743af.jpg

The service will be held on Tuesday, December 23, at Mount Hebron church in Mobile.

af5dceaec51698c4519ab77835aa816a.jpg

A therapist, Dr. Minnie Claiborne will lead the healing service.

Embedded Video & More@Link
http://fox10tv.com/2014/12/19/healing-service-to-be-held-at-mount-hebron-church/

:rose:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful to see that. A Healing Service is very necessary. It must be devastating for that community to deal with this tragedy. :rose:

Her picyurs just kill me to look at. What a beautiful, gorgeous smile on that sweet face. RIP Sweet Hiawayi.

Whenever we have a case like this, I have so many questions, but I also just feel terrible for all the innocent lives that have been shattered due to the acts of one person. I don't know if his parents, siblings, etc are still alive, but in many cases there are family still living, and coming to terms that someone you know, a family member, a sibling, a spouse, boyfriend, etc., is capable of such terrible actions has to affect them all. I can't imagine, and I honestly do pray that I never have to know. I don't know that I could mentally handle it at all. I think of my son, who enjoys target practicing with a gun, but refuses to hunt because he killed a deer once, because it's life was endangered. A metal wire was wrapped around the doe's front legs, around her girth, as she grew, that metal band would have caused some serious damage. He removed a possum from the basement that had entered through the cat door flap, but said it looked at him with pleading eyes, so he couldn't kill. He's over 6ft tall, and crumbled into my arms and balled like I've never seen him before just this past week when his cat died on the way the vet. Then to know that someone's son was capable of killing a child. I can't comprehend..I just can't!!!

Are they born evil? Lack of love at some point in their lives? I don't know. But I wish there was a way to detect them before innocent people are killed. So sad. So scary!

This is offtopic in regards to this case. But I don't know where else to post my thoughts. In my area, there was a little boy that was killed by his Mom, and then the Mom and Dad had sex, and then cleaned up drugs before calling 911. The trial hasn't happened yet, but the Dad is suppose to testify against his wife. I can't comprehend even killing a child, much less my own child, but then to tell the Dad what she had done, and proceed to have sex?!?!?! Who does these things??? When 911 workers got there, they knew the child had been dead for hours. There were charges for manufactuering meth, and some other things. There were two children, one was staying with a relative at the time. I don't know why they both weren't. But, being a small community, I've been shocked at the number of people that have defending both parents!!! Drugs or not, you know you're smothering a baby with it's own stuffed animal!! You know you've done wrong when you then attempt a clean up, and try to come up with a plan. I'm going to link, just so others can see what has me so upset. http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/bed...ounce-arrest-in-murder-investigation/24732390

http://www.wkrg.com/story/24852952/bedford-county-mother-charged-in-two-year-old-sons-death

Jordan Smith was the little 2yr old that was murdered. His Mom, Shana Witt, and his Dad, Michael Smith.

There's a beautiful lake literally right outside our neighborhood, and so you'll always see ducks walking around the neighborhood. One particular mama duck and her two older babies usually hang out right outside our house, and my mom and sister feed them almost every day. We're feeding them, so my mom and sister obviously aren't a threat. But if they even slightly reach out their hand to pet one of the ducklings, the mama will instinctively step in and get into that defensive posture that birds do when they feel threatened and are trying to intimidate a predator. If you don't pull away, she will bite you.

I bring this up because all creatures are biologically hardwired to protect their young. And so, when cases like Hiawayi's come up, it makes me wonder: How can that hardwiring break down so badly in a person that they can rape and/or murder their own child? What causes someone to not only not protect their child, but kill it with malicious aforethought like Hiawayi's dad apparently did?

I'm was not shocked he has been caught and suspected of this murder and these crimes. From the start in my mind only 3 people could have done it. the mother, the father or the grandmother. and 2 of them checked out very well.. I think the mother need to clean her act up a little it better leave the drugs alone. clouding( thinking an awareness) your parental vision.. Its a mother natural instinct to these type of things.. Its going to be hard for her to except this but her own sake she should find the care she need to do so. My heart goes out to her, very much so.

The father is a very sick guy and got caught because he has a very sick mind. I think they should break the charges down on him. Don't give him the chance to plea down and get less time. Work him. If they do this right he is looking up to at least 60-80yrs. I really want him to get every single year for what he has done to that community and to his own family. As I know they cant give the death penalty unless they show how he did it.. which is a cat mouse game.

Me personally I would let get him the bail , then bring up the other charge to deny that bail . The drug and gun charges. Just because he cant get the death penalty out right doesn't mean he not going to die for he has done. The law is the most methodical killer, that is what is he is going find out. He is going die a slow death in that jail and never get out.!!

I also feel sorry for the grandmother and the rest of this family my prayers are with them. I hope happiness can be given with this justice. Just know what happened doesn't reflect you and is not your fault. Some people are just born to con and kill, just evil. This why there is the law, I understand it may not work all the time . But when people get together like this case it has no choice but to work..!! Love always win

There's a beautiful lake literally right outside our neighborhood, and so you'll always see ducks walking around the neighborhood. One particular mama duck and her two older babies usually hang out right outside our house, and my mom and sister feed them almost every day. We're feeding them, so my mom and sister obviously aren't a threat. But if they even slightly reach out their hand to pet one of the ducklings, the mama will instinctively step in and get into that defensive posture that birds do when they feel threatened and are trying to intimidate a predator. If you don't pull away, she will bite you.

I bring this up because all creatures are biologically hardwired to protect their young. And so, when cases like Hiawayi's come up, it makes me wonder: How can that hardwiring break down so badly in a person that they can rape and/or murder their own child? What causes someone to not only not protect their child, but kill it with malicious aforethought like Hiawayi's dad apparently did?

We used to live on a canal in Venice Calif. We had baby ducks in our yard every spring. The mothers were very protective. But one sad fact I learned was that the male ducks sometimes killed a baby duckling or two if Mom was not around. So maybe the hardwiring in nature is gender specific? { OKAY OKAY, I love fathers, my husband of 32 years is a fantastic father...just saying what I saw in duckling land...:duck:]

I think the hard-wiring by design is primarily found in the mother and has everything to do with the physical bond. Of course this is not to say father's aren't awesome, but the bio-connection is generally with the mom.

When is the next court date?

I'm not sure on this Knox but IIRC a court date of January 5, 2015 was mentioned somewhere along the line. Again, I'm not positive on that but thought I had read it at one time.

I'm not sure on this Knox but IIRC a court date of January 5, 2015 was mentioned somewhere along the line. Again, I'm not positive on that but thought I had read it at one time.

Knox, I ran a search and found this post. I checked the link and the date is still on for 1/5/15:

There have been no official details about the evidence in the case, but Prichard Police Chaplain Patrick Munnerlyn told reporters today he had expected no bond in the case.

It’s interesting that Munnerlyn’s remarks to reporters were the first details we’ve heard from anyone afflicated with the case. We may learn more details at Robinson’s preliminary hearing which is set for January 5th.
http://fox10tv.com/2014/12/17/reaction-to-robinson-bond/

RSBM

Wouldn't you know it, the OP was you?

:seeya:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking News: No DNA Evidence Linking Father
http://www.wkrg.com/story/27762395/breaking-no-dna-evidence-against-father-in-hiawayi-robinson-case

"Despite the lack of a DNA match, authorities are moving forward with murder and sodomy charges in the case against Hiawatha Robinson, who remains behind bars. "

I watched the noon broadcast. A vehicle (red Tahoe) that matches a vehicle owned by dad's girlfriend but driven by dad was seen in the parking lot of the store that Hiawayi was seen at that afternoon. A bead belonging to her was found in the vehicle.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/grand_jury_will_hear_murder_ca.html

from the article :

"So the cell phone records, the phone calls, the defendant statements that he was going to pick her up and give her money for her birthday were among many of the things that the judge cited as to why this case would move forward," Mobile County District Attorney Ashley Rich said after the hearing.

Hiawatha Robinson's attorney, Jeff Deen, pointed out there is no DNA evidence connecting Hiawatha Robinson to his daughter's death.

"They have some circumstantial evidence," he said. "The people that I've talked to that seem to just come up to me that seem to know Hiawatha, they can't believe that he would be involved in something like this," Deen said

For Hiawayi..
R.I.P. little one. :(
[video=youtube;YNoLJy68ZcE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNoLJy68ZcE[/video]

MOBILE, Alabama -- Mobile County Assistant District Attorney Jill Phillips is confident in the case her office has built so far against Hiawatha Robinson, the 38-year-old father accused of killing and sexually assaulting his 8-year-old daughter.

The case as it stands is built on circumstantial evidence and is void of any DNA evidence linking the father to Hiawayi Robinson's death and sexual assault.

Hiawatha Robinson was charged Dec. 16 with felony murder and first-degree sodomy. He is being held on $500,00 bail at Mobile County Metro Jail.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/murder_sex_assault_case_agains.html

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/01/hiawayi_robinson_billboards_po.html

Billboards with the face of slain Prichard 8-year-old Hiawayi Robinson on them will soon be popping up in Mobile, Montgomery and Birmingham. One already stands in front of the abandoned building on Rebel Road where Hiawayi's body was found Sept. 18.

Michael Lewis with Bumble Bee Billboards said the billboards weren't done for publicity of any individual or company involved, but were done for Hiawayi. "It's about a little girl lost in violence in the community," Lewis said. "Individuals and business people wanted to put something positive up in the community."

Lewis said eight billboards have been printed and will be put up and kept up until the end of the year.

The grand jury needs to find probably cause before the case can go to trial.

Evidence collected from Hiawatha Robinson's cell phone data and video from security cameras at different businesses suggest that he was the last person to see her alive.
Prosecuters then point to this surveillance video taken shortly after 4 o clock inside a gas station showing the young girl in line to buy candy.

They also say surveillance video from a store next to the gas station caught Hiawatha Robinson's red SUV leaving.

It was heading in the direction of a house that belonged to Hiawatha's father.
That home also close to where Hiawayi's body was found.

Ashley Rich, District Attorney, "The direction that the vehicle was seen was leaving towards his home on Stovall Street, but I think whats important is that the home is inhabitable residence.

http://www.weartv.com/news/features...ase-heads-grand-jury-53664.shtml#.VMM5QS7JQrh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back