AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking about the semen that was found quite a bit. My previous opinion was that it was from the killer. Now, I am not so sure. Apparently, it was trace amounts and sometimes even trace amounts can survive washes. I really wonder if they are able to tell the difference between newer and older samples. Like, could they tell that the semen was from that day? Or be able to tell the difference between semen from that day VS a trace amount that may have been there for weeks?
What an absolute tragedy if it ISN'T the killer's semen though. They apparently excluded a ton of men because of that.

I think Chisms was the one that was a mile or two North of Ozark. There was a truck stop between Dothan and Ozark, about half way. I do not think it is there anymore, but it was then. The Coffee Kettle was next to the Shell station on the corner of 231 and Deese Road. I think it was still open then, but am not sure. It closed many years ago. A Waffle house was put in, but it is just North of 231/Andrews intersection. There is no truck stop there. However, a Waffle King is in a little strip of businesses just past where the new truck stop was built. It is by the parking area for the trucks and the truck fueling lines. What I was getting at was if they got confused and turned left thinking they were supposed to. Then continued to follow the directions. They would very soon be in the middle of nowhere. This is also a farming community. A lot of families might have fields they farm or own, but those fields can be miles away from their home. My neighbor for instance has their house, and a small area of property but their farm that has been in the family for generations is about 10 miles away.

As for the semen, the heat could have also caused it to degenerate. Yes it could have been a previous stain, but they may have gotten it from her skin as well as clothing, which would not rule out a consensual encounter, but would rule out it being an old stain. If it was an old stain on the clothing and it had been washed, it would have probably also had traces of the detergent, etc. I hate to be blunt, but they may have been able to detect sperm as well as the fluid, and would be able to tell more about how long it had been there by that. I do not see it in the event of a stain.

For that matter, the presence or absence of sperm could tell a lot too, such as ruling out anyone that had a vasectomy if it is not present. There is a lot that we don't know about the evidence that was found.

As for the semen, the heat could have also caused it to degenerate. Yes it could have been a previous stain, but they may have gotten it from her skin as well as clothing, which would not rule out a consensual encounter, but would rule out it being an old stain. If it was an old stain on the clothing and it had been washed, it would have probably also had traces of the detergent, etc. I hate to be blunt, but they may have been able to detect sperm as well as the fluid, and would be able to tell more about how long it had been there by that. I do not see it in the event of a stain.

irishrose, I did read back in these threads, that semen was also found on her skin. jmo moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member