GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

Ah - found an article I could access...

Coley McCraney’s murder trial delayed

April 7, 2022

OZARK, Ala. (WTVY) -There has been a last-minute delay in the trial of Coley McCraney, charged with murdering two Dothan teens decades ago.

His trial scheduled for May 2 has been pushed until August 15, with jury selection beginning a week earlier.

“The state of Alabama and the defendant notifies the court that these cases will not be ready for trial on May 2,” Dale County Assistant District Attorney David Emery and Defense Attorney David Harrison said in a joint court motion.

They don’t specify reasons for the delay.

Re the delay. This may be a video that was obtained criminally. Maybe "Blacklist" or someone with a legal background could weigh in on whether a video obtained by criminal means (reference to the state's criminal surveillence code) can be used in such a case. The video reportedly shows an individual close to one of the victims with advance knowledge JB Beasley would be killed.

I just accessed the article you referenced. I do not see a video attached. Perhaps it has been removed? It is a news article from WDHN.

I just accessed the article you referenced. I do not see a video attached. Perhaps it has been removed? It is a news article from WDHN.

The initial report posted by one of the local television stations referred to a video that had been obtained by possibly defense counsel. It DID NOT give specifics as to the nature nor source of said video. It was quickly redacted, removing this statement.

it looks like I am going to have to start taking a screenshot of everything. Local media are playing a dicey game folks

Last edited:
Re the delay. This may be a video that was obtained criminally. Maybe "Blacklist" or someone with a legal background could weigh in on whether a video obtained by criminal means (reference to the state's criminal surveillence code) can be used in such a case. The video reportedly shows an individual close to one of the victims with advance knowledge JB Beasley would be killed.

To answer your question:
Generally evidence obtained by illegal means or during commission of a crime is inadmissible under the fruit of poison tree doctrine. See SCOTUS case Weeks v United States (1914). It emphasized the application of the 4th amendment to the Constitution. That is what the exclusionary rule is based on in court.

As far as any video you are attempting to elude to, please provide something that is in public domain or related to by MSM. I did not see this and it seems to me no one else did either. Please substantiate your information.

Thank you for that reference. I'm not familiar with 'MSM', please explain. In response to reading Alacourt I see there is a motion to quash where it appears the defense team is attempting to get access to information, possibly video from an unedited film. The motioner appears to not share Harrison's opinion a cop did this and does not want his information cherry picked. The other video possibility is several years ago an amateur film maker produced a documentary and clips of a interview with one of the victim's mother was on the internet that was really strange. It was quickly taken down as I was told the individual did not consent to the interview in her home. It was a shaky hand held hidden camera, not sure. I have not seen the "film" and dont see how to watch it online. My take was you have a grieving mother taken out of context suffering an unbearable loss no smoking gun as it was presented, and the premise otherwise was absurd. If I find it again I can post a link or message it blacklist.

I do find this case fascinating and have been a lurker for a year reading these discussions. Some things troubling to me, in no particular order, if anyone can clear them up it would be appreciated.
1. no prints on shell casings
2. the proximity of the car to 3 individuals tied to the case, McCraney, Ferrod McDaniels and the officer Harrison via Crumb is alleging responsible.
3. the rena crumb statements, if shes credible.
4. if true, emphasize big if, Harrison does have a credible person who allegedly heard a confession at a christmas party.
5. Barrentine's statement of seeing a tattoed guy being the shooter.
6. why neal werner skipped town to michigan.
7. On one of the tv shows there was a photograph of the girls bodies in the trunk and its clearly night/ dark. how is that possible given the timeframe. thats assuming it was undoctored.
8. the photograph of what appears to be a bullet on jb's thigh but then later is a spent round/casing. this is not on the evidence collected in the car that wtvm posted early in the case.
9. Repeatative, but , back to the proximity issue. its most unlikely that harrisons theory of a cop killing these girls and leaving the bodies within a short walk to his home. that defies common sense. it is very troubling that ferrod mcdaniels, mccraneys running buddy in the air force base 9mm incident in biloxi, his mother and where he was living was on herring maybe 1/4 mile and back door joins the woods where the car is and there is a path from that housing project to the ball field where there was a sighting of the girls.
10. McCraney didnt come forward. maybe understandable then black man/ young white girl etc, but years later he could have talked to the fbi or had a lawyer confidentially share what info he knows (if hes innocent) , time he saw them, etc that would help.
just my thoughts hope its appropriate to post these if not please delete.

MSM = Main Stream Media
It is used so much that it’s a natural acronym.

As far as videos go, I have seen little tidbits on YouTube. Nothing there that says much.
Also there were Americas Most Wanted and the Maury Show. Those two are not in syndication and not available currently for public replay. I do not know of anything else and I have looked a lot.

Since you have working knowledge of Alacourt, I suggest you review the current 14 pages of filings. That will help to bring you up to speed quickly enough. But you have posed some questions that I do not have an open answer for, and I do not speculate publicly.

Last edited:
Just wanted to clarify a few things.

There has never been any part of my film available on the internet, only the teaser and a short clip of an interview, posted on my YouTube.

I had every single person in my film sign a release before I turned on my camera, so if I wanted to, I could release the film today, and no one could tell me anything.

I never used a hidden camera, it was a very large professional 4K camera, and I certainly never interviewed anyone in their home without an invitation to interview them- in their home, with their explicit permission to interview them.

Every piece of information in the film was painstakingly researched for 4 years before completion, and I have proof to back it up.

Lastly- the views of the participants of Shined Rabbit are strictly THEIR views and are not mine.

Looking forward to Justice being served for J.B. And Tracie.

Thank you for that reference. I'm not familiar with 'MSM', please explain. In response to reading Alacourt I see there is a motion to quash where it appears the defense team is attempting to get access to information, possibly video from an unedited film. The motioner appears to not share Harrison's opinion a cop did this and does not want his information cherry picked. The other video possibility is several years ago an amateur film maker produced a documentary and clips of a interview with one of the victim's mother was on the internet that was really strange. It was quickly taken down as I was told the individual did not consent to the interview in her home. It was a shaky hand held hidden camera, not sure. I have not seen the "film" and dont see how to watch it online. My take was you have a grieving mother taken out of context suffering an unbearable loss no smoking gun as it was presented, and the premise otherwise was absurd. If I find it again I can post a link or message it blacklist.

I do find this case fascinating and have been a lurker for a year reading these discussions. Some things troubling to me, in no particular order, if anyone can clear them up it would be appreciated.
1. no prints on shell casings
2. the proximity of the car to 3 individuals tied to the case, McCraney, Ferrod McDaniels and the officer Harrison via Crumb is alleging responsible.
3. the rena crumb statements, if shes credible.
4. if true, emphasize big if, Harrison does have a credible person who allegedly heard a confession at a christmas party.
5. Barrentine's statement of seeing a tattoed guy being the shooter.
6. why neal werner skipped town to michigan.
7. On one of the tv shows there was a photograph of the girls bodies in the trunk and its clearly night/ dark. how is that possible given the timeframe. thats assuming it was undoctored.
8. the photograph of what appears to be a bullet on jb's thigh but then later is a spent round/casing. this is not on the evidence collected in the car that wtvm posted early in the case.
9. Repeatative, but , back to the proximity issue. its most unlikely that harrisons theory of a cop killing these girls and leaving the bodies within a short walk to his home. that defies common sense. it is very troubling that ferrod mcdaniels, mccraneys running buddy in the air force base 9mm incident in biloxi, his mother and where he was living was on herring maybe 1/4 mile and back door joins the woods where the car is and there is a path from that housing project to the ball field where there was a sighting of the girls.
10. McCraney didnt come forward. maybe understandable then black man/ young white girl etc, but years later he could have talked to the fbi or had a lawyer confidentially share what info he knows (if hes innocent) , time he saw them, etc that would help.
just my thoughts hope its appropriate to post these if not please delete.

This is the link from Court TV,
look carefully at the image of the trunk at the 2:24 mark. I'm guessing this is a staged recreation of the crime scene, but the question should be asked.

for clarification it was not shine rabbit. i think the clip was shot from a cellphone maybe waist or below level, very shaky video. one guy was from LA if i remember right lived in dothan at the time same school as victims.

Last edited:
@Blacklist - any word on "when" his next hearing might be?

TIA! :)

The next thing I am seeing is a hearing on July 21st regarding regarding a motion to quash (suppress/cancel) a subpoena for John Carroll.
This is a subpoena request by the Defense. The motion to quash was filed by John Carroll.

I expect there to be additional hearings filed between now and the August trial date. If anything pops up I will try to post it.

The next thing I am seeing is a hearing on July 21st regarding regarding a motion to quash (suppress/cancel) a subpoena for John Carroll.
This is a subpoena request by the Defense. The motion to quash was filed by John Carroll.

I expect there to be additional hearings filed between now and the August trial date. If anything pops up I will try to post it.

Okay - thanks. I have him on my "look-everyday" list - and it only goes for 5 days forward. So if I see anything on the court site before than I shall post it.

for clarification it was not shine rabbit. i think the clip was shot from a cellphone maybe waist or below level, very shaky video. one guy was from LA if i remember right lived in dothan at the time same school as victims.
Hi, is the video you are referring to the one of J.B’s sister being interviewed by Jon Carrol?

CoolJ- back after a long hiatus

Ohhh... after second thought I think you are speaking of the video of Bookie. He is in L.A now as a musician I believe. It was a video of him describing his encounter with the girls that night. Haven’t seen it in a long time, but I am sure it is still up on YouTube somewhere.

Ohhh... after second thought I think you are speaking of the video of Bookie. He is in L.A now as a musician I believe. It was a video of him describing his encounter with the girls that night. Haven’t seen it in a long time, but I am sure it is still up on YouTube somewhere.

CoolJ, good to see you again.
Yes, I remember the video with Bookie. I found it interesting. He seem to have a lot of ancillary information and spoke clearly with apparent honesty. I was wondering what ever happened to him. I cannot recall if I ever knew his actual name.

CoolJ, thanks for coming back. There is a lot going on and about to go on

Happy Sunday friends
Nothing much going on lately but I did get an Alacourt alert Friday. It was a list of fresh subpoena filings. Everyone but two individuals already have subpoenas for the August trial on file, so I am looking into it deeper this week. It is only an assumption right now that these subpoenas are possibly pertaining for a motion to quash hearing this coming Friday (July 15th).

The following subpoena requests were filed and issued.

Rex Tipton
Keith Cauthen
Stephen Crumb
Eddie Henderson
Butch Whittington

I am sure those familiar with the case know except for Crumb all are former OPD Officers.

Thanks friends….. Justice Onward

Happy Sunday friends
Nothing much going on lately but I did get an Alacourt alert Friday. It was a list of fresh subpoena filings. Everyone but two individuals already have subpoenas for the August trial on file, so I am looking into it deeper this week. It is only an assumption right now that these subpoenas are possibly pertaining for a motion to quash hearing this coming Friday (July 15th).

The following subpoena requests were filed and issued.

Rex Tipton
Keith Cauthen
Stephen Crumb
Eddie Henderson
Butch Whittington

I am sure those familiar with the case know except for Crumb all are former OPD Officers.

Thanks friends….. Justice Onward

re the bold red above - I have the next motions hearing on 7/21/22 - that is from my 4/7/22 notes.

So they have changed the dates or just added the 7/15 one? Just want to keep my notes straight! :)

TIA!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan