Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Husband tells her to move out. She starts packing. If he was having an affair, it would greatly affect divorce proceedings/alimony. If she could prove affair. Is that why she left in a hurry and looked happy?
JMO MOO etc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Was she going to sell something, look at a storage unit, an apartment? So many scammers, or worse out there. Who did she call????

bbm Good thinking. It's quite possible she left in a hurry because someone online and/or on the phone had offered her an appealing apartment she really wanted, so she rushed off to secure it for herself.

We don't really even know that she didn't go back to the house during that chunk of missing time, do we?

I’ve been thinking the same exact thing. However, I believe the phone would have pinged near her home if this was the case.

Although, it very well may have... I can’t recall the exact wording regarding the ping... did it say that was the last location or the only location from the time she left the gas station?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm I remember it said the last ping came from the Smith Lake area, or some such. Didn't say the only ping.

So, as dms said she might have gone back home during those 12 hours, but wouldn't that have been mentioned by LE?

Who all received the 1am text message? Both daughters, the husband and the daughter’s ex husband/cop, correct?

I’m kind of thrown off by the ex son in law being included, yet the step kids (or any other family members) seemed to be omitted... especially considering his particular job title and training.

My opinion only, though.

Because she had a very close relationship with the ex still IIRC.

I think the ex son in law was in the group text sent to daughters. I guess he was still considered family if you can believe she actually sent those texts.

This is what makes me think it was someone who knew her very well, to send her ex son-in-law such a text. Someone close to her, not a random person. How many people would know that she still considered her ex son-in-law family?

In my experience as an EMT with suicide situations - it isn’t terribly uncommon for folks to remove themselves from family to commit the act. They don’t want to be interrupted/saved, or their family to deal with the potential mess. For example, we had a man in his 80’s shoot himself in a Walmart bathroom because (per his note) he didn’t want his wife to have the mess or to feel uncomfortable living in her home because of his death.
I can say that oddly, the main majority of suicide in women that IVE SEEN, a lot do their makeup and dress nicely. My only guess is women prefer to not look bad when found. They worry about their appearance more often than not. I’m thinking this is also why most do not shoot themselves.
I still think it’s possible she committed suicide because it’s not a dead set rule that they dress up. But again, many do leave out of consideration of their family - they forget that the family is then put through the trauma of trying to find them, finding them in a state of decomp making it impossible for open casket etc.
MOO

I believe she sent the texts thinking her phone would "ping" with a much more exact location, so her family could find her easily. Then, she reset her phone.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong and that she's okay out there somewhere, but I will be shocked if this turns out to be anything but a suicide (or perhaps an accidental death). Her daughters said that she always dressed nicely, so I doubt that she would go to meet someone in such laid back attire. I don't see any reason (yet) to suspect that the text messages were anything other than what they seem, and they definitely seem suicidal in nature. Was she reaching out for a certain response that she never got? Maybe. Is there something that we don't know about yet that pushed her over the edge (like that last phone call, perhaps)? Very possibly. Regardless, I hope that she is found soon so that the family can have some closure one way or another.

MOO.

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/jennifer_marshell_white_moulto.html

Quote; ¨Eventually, the police department found that Jennifer White's cellphone had last "pinged" a tower near Bankhead National Forest in Double Springs, about 25 miles from the her home. The "ping" was around the time the texts were sent to Jennifer White's family.¨

The phone could have been anywhere within a 45 mile circle of that ¨ping¨

At this point I do not believe she sent the messages or is the one who reset the phone and I´m wondering if she was even with the phone. Perhaps time will tell.

So frustrating!

If Jennifer did reset phone : I've only had to reset my phones for two reasons.--- One time for thinking I may have downloaded a virus when websleuthing. Other times were before donating phone so that all of my personal info & web history wiped out.

In my case I had to go thru about 3 options on settings , plus a few prompt checks before the reset was enabled. So, imo, the reset can't be a "pocket dial" or accident.

Why did Jennifer reset her phone? If someone else did it, why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I hope they can recover all the phone records. I think the last call she received and most likely called back to say she was on her way is going to be of great importance.

So frustrating!

If Jennifer did reset phone : I've only had to reset my phones for two reasons.--- One time for thinking I may have downloaded a virus when websleuthing. Other times were before donating phone so that all of my personal info & web history wiped out.

In my case I had to go thru about 3 options on settings , plus a few prompt checks before the reset was enabled. So, imo, the reset can't be a "pocket dial" or accident.

Why did Jennifer reset her phone? If someone else did it, why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I don’t understand why she would have reset her phone. If this were me, I think I would take a passcode off of my phone so that my children/family would be able to access it. I have 10,337 photos on my phone at this moment. All photos of the kids, family, etc., photos that my children would never otherwise have if I reset my phone. (Unless they got into the cloud somehow but that’s very difficult!)

Obviously this is me thinking in a normal state of mind. I don’t know if I’d be thinking along the same lines if I were contemplating ending my life.

All MOO!

On Jennifer’s FB page
Post on Tuesday at 3:25 pm.
Beth, her daughter clarifies that she made the “ assumption “ Jennifer’s phone was factory reset because all of the apps had been turned off and new passwords reset.

I don’t understand why she would have reset her phone. If this were me, I think I would take a passcode off of my phone so that my children/family would be able to access it. I have 10,337 photos on my phone at this moment. All photos of the kids, family, etc., photos that my children would never otherwise have if I reset my phone. (Unless they got into the cloud somehow but that’s very difficult!)

Obviously this is me thinking in a normal state of mind. I don’t know if I’d be thinking along the same lines if I were contemplating ending my life.

All MOO!

Way off topic and BBM - I back my photos up daily and remove them from my phone. It causes me anxiety to have any photos on my phone. Just reading your comment gave me anxiety LOL

And I keep thinking...

I think they should check for missing.... hose? I don't really know how that works. But look for household items misssing that could be used. And maybe check the Internet history if any searches were done. I would have to Google how to do it before I could actually do it cause I have no idea!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wonder if they can check into computers she used at work?

On Jennifer’s FB page
Post on Tuesday at 3:25 pm.
Beth, her daughter clarifies that she made the “ assumption “ Jennifer’s phone was factory reset because all of the apps had been turned off and new passwords reset.

ARGH. "All the apps turned off and passwords reset" and "phone was factory reset" are two very different things. It's so frustrating when something that could be incredibly significant is reported incorrectly because of an assumption.

I'm still really curious as to how they know about the apps etc.

I wonder if they can check into computers she used at work?

I wonder if she had a home computer. And/or an ipad. Or if they've found her purse and meds. Or if they've even LOOKED for any of this yet.

You know, she could have gone to the office while she was missing. She spent the night there sometimes, right? She could have gone to work and changed clothes, or...anything really. And there would surely be security cam footage.

The phone could have been reset to factory settings remotely.

I know this is true for an iPhone BUT when you select “erase iPhone” it prompts you to enter the iCloud password before it will allow you to erase it. So at the very least, the iCloud PW would have had to be used in this scenario.

However, this wouldn’t explain the app passwords being reset. Not sure if this is a fact they know to be true or mere speculation. They could have accessed her email & saw a few emails saying, “your password has been reset”. This doesn’t necessarily mean ALL app PWs were reset. There’s really way to know how many apps she had on her phone to begin with.

All MOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members