GUILTY AL - Kamden Johnson, 5, dies in hot day care van, Mobile, 21 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

Wow! Didn't see that coming. The officer was kind to him in hallway... saying I understand this is a terrible situation . What happened to sweet Kamden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the officer did a good job deescalating the situation. Good to see they didn't nuts and start tazing or beating him. Not necessary.

In one of the news reports an officer stated that the son was going up to give his mom a hug before they took her back to jail... not harm her.

It sure didn't look like he was trying to give her a hug.Odd way to go about it.

It sure didn't look like he was trying to give her a hug.Odd way to go about it.

Agreed... however I think with the chaotic situation it may have seemed worse than what the intent was. It's unfortunate in the times we live. A son rushes to give his mother a hug and the courtroom goes into a frenzy . Understandably so with the violence these days. I tend to believe he was going for a hug after watching it again. He wasn't yelling anything..I think he was emotionally distraught and wasn't thinking .

Do you guys think this will be ruled a hot car death? What's the term...hyperthermia? Or do you think something else happened? I'm curious to know what everyone is thinking.

Do you guys think this will be ruled a hot car death? What's the term...hyperthermia? Or do you think something else happened? I'm curious to know what everyone is thinking.

I don't know what to think. I'm trying to figure when she would have left him in the car. She picked him up in the van and took him to the other daycare center. Did he ever make it there? And I thought she had other children in the van as well. So how did he end up being the only child left alone with her? :thinking: Sure wish we had a complete and accurate timeline.

So are investigators thinking it wasn't accidental?
Along with a cause of death, investigators are trying to determine a motive behind Kamden’s death.

I'm beginning to think he never made it to the second daycare on the first van run that morning. What a confusing mess... JMO

She said that Kamden’s mother dropped him off Monday morning and he boarded a van driven by Patterson for a ride to another daycare run by the company.

Anderson detailed for AL.com Patterson’s schedule, in which she worked split shifts, doing morning drop-offs and another van run in the evenings. Morning drop-offs typically ended around 1 p.m., when Patterson would return the van and pick up her personal vehicle.

Anderson said that after Patterson’s evening run on Monday, she claimed that Kamden was not on that ride
http://www.ajc.com/news/national/ha...d-found-dead-driveway/ZuFG0t1Hi7YhuwtY9DwbSI/

Were the toxicology reports going to be from kamden or from her?

Were the toxicology reports going to be from kamden or from her?

In this context it sounds like from Kamden.
[FONT=&amp]Authorities have not released an exact cause of death but said preliminary autopsy results show there was no physical trauma to Johnson. Authorities are now awaiting results of a toxicology screening[/FONT]

http://wkrg.com/2017/08/23/charges-upgraded-for-woman-in-kamden-johnson-death/

i had read that this state is one of 4 where they don't need licensing if it is church based. I hope they reconsider that!

If it's state licensed, I would think so. In Texas, yes. I don't know about other state laws.

I think maybe it would be better if each center had a dedicated van and driver to avoid this! :( but its probably a cost issue.

I used to teach computer classes in several preschools. I can possibly explain all the transportation, because one of the schools where I taught was similar. They were a full daycare. They had 2 locations. But they were also a before and after care center for kids who go to "big" school. So, kids come at say 6am. Then, the van woukd go to each center, pick up the "school" kids and drive them to all the schools they go to. And they had a whole lot of kids that did this! I'm thinking that was the situation. I know it doesn't explain what happened to him, but maybe why all the moving about. That person (at my school) was called the van driver. It was mostly what she did.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

it def sounds like a possibility to me. no trauma to the body and (DISCLAIMER) witnesses stated an odor.... he had not been deceased for long. it would be hot in a van :*(

No, you're right. I have no idea. But what did happen to him, they are stating there's no apparent trauma to his body. This is a bizarre case, I guess we won't know until they finish the autopsy. So sad though. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back