Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chief narrating video -
back ground, 2 children running around. No one is bothering the two children and they are just playing in the area near the housing complex.

One male comes up and he sees the little children and HE WALKS AWAY WITH THE TWO YOUNG CHILDREN following him

TWO MALES APPEAR IN THE VIDEO

first male walks completely by, looks at them, keeps walking
second male approaches and engages the children

So sorry, just joining in this am. I've missed a lot, clearly.

Can you provide a link? So sorry I looked and not sure which article this is in.

Thanks so much!!!

Jmo

Questions for Police Chief
  • First question is how difficult is this for your team
  • They are looking for the first man in the video. They know who the "second suspect" is. Someone asks for clarity - are they suspects? He says "well, no, we just want to talk to him and want to know if he saw anything." THE SECOND MAN IS A SUSPECT. Video was taken in and around the housing complex.
  • Is Kamille one of the children in the video? "We believe that she was"
  • How much planning went into this kidnapping? "I think maybe about 20 minutes. I don't believe a lot of planning went into it I think it was something that was done impromptu. I have no idea"
  • Why wait til Sunday for search? They are currently using K9s and tomorrow there is rain
  • Who is the second child? "We have information and pretty much identified the second child. We are not going to put her name or family out there. We met with several members of that communtiy as well as the child's mother and we certainly don't want to put another 3 year old's name out there"
  • "This is the last known location where we can determine where she was"
  • Hoping someone will see the video or he himself will identify himself, they have no identifying info to give the public
  • Someone asked about motive - they have no motive in mind, they remain open
  • Where is security footage from - complex or outside the complex? No real answer, it is just of the area near the complex where children were playing.
  • Just to reiterate - confirms they do believe one of the children in the video is Kamille
  • Emailing video out to journalists

Last edited:
hmmm the chief seems to be contradictory - two males - first one walked on by, second one engaged the children and is a suspect but earlier he said the first one was a suspect and they wanted to talk to the first one - so which one is it? call me confused...

Questions for Police Chief
  • First question is how difficult is this for your team
  • They are looking for the first man in the video. They know who the "second suspect" is. Someone asks for clarity - are they suspects? He says "well, no, we just want to talk to him and want to know if he saw anything." THE SECOND MAN IS A SUSPECT. Video was taken in and around the housing complex.
  • Is Kamille one of the children in the video? "We believe that she was"
  • How much planning went into this kidnapping? "I think maybe about 20 minutes. I don't believe a lot of planning went into it I think it was something that was done impromptu. I have no idea"

Does anyone have a link for this presser? I'm assuming a new one.

So sorry, just trying to catch up.

This is for your help!!!!:):):)

Does that apply to an active missing child who we r trying to find? The title of the thread has her name in large print. Seems if anyone involved in her abduction happens to be reading here we would want them to know who we are talking about and pleading to. Moo

I think it might be aimed at the brother as he was named in several posts yesterday.

No offense taken. I just don't want to see this thread shut down for discussing unlinkable information from Facebook in the midst of breaking news, should there be any today. Let's hope so, and that it's good news! MOO

Thanks @PommyMommy !!!!!

No, No No, we don't want the thread shut down!!!!

She could be found today!!!

Hoping and praying !!

Jmo

Bail is one of our rights as citizens. He bailed out because either they lowered his bail or someone or several someone's put up collateral for him to get out. You don't necessarily have to put up 50K cash. He could have had 5 family members put up their homes.

I'm sure LE is looking into who paid his bail or put up the collateral for his bail.

He will not be on a sex offenders list until he is proven guilty for sexually related crimes.

The child *advertiser censored* may be of teenagers. Charges say 17 and under. It could be of 16 year old high school girls sending him nudes. It doesn't make it right but it's much different than wanting to rape a 3 year old IMO. High school boys have been charged for having scandalous pictures of their peers on their phones.

He lives in a housing project. Most go income based. He most likely makes a very low income ON PAPER. He could have side hustles that are under the table, but on the books he qualifies for a free attorney.

Just because someone else paid your bail does not disqualify you from getting a free attorney.

Did they say they know who the second person is, who is a suspect, and they want to talk to the first person who walked by, or do I have that backwards?
I think I need to watch it again because I saw the same thing - two males - one walked by, then the second engaged the two children (not identified) - at first I thought he said the second was the suspect and wanted to talk to him but then later it was the first one that walked on by they needed to talk to because she was kidnapped within a few minutes ?

Summary of the press conference:
  • Time stamp is 7:24 pm... Police chief says time stamp is 37 minutes off.
  • VIDEO: Kamille and another young girl can be seen playing in the background. Man #1 walks by past the children. Man #2 walks towards children, engages them, the two children follow him off-screen. Man #2 has been identified and is a suspect. They need the public's help identifying man #1 as they believe he may have information.
  • They do affirmatively believe the child in the video is Kamille and this is the last known location she is seen.
  • The other child has been identified. They have talked with several members of the community and the other child's mother.
  • Chief Smith said he only thought about 20 minutes of planning went into deciding to commit this crime and it was something "done impromptu."
  • Grid search is being conducted with citizens' help on Sunday. The area being searched is an area in Birmingham frequented by one of the POIs. The grid search is not being done until Sunday because K9s are currently searching, rain is expected tomorrow, they want to give time for the community to plan out their schedules to attend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members