DOB May 18, 1980
Age Now 38
Sex Female
Race White
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Brown
Height 5'4"
Weight 130 lbs

Kemberly was last seen at her father's home in Opp, Alabama on August 15, 1997 at 10:00 p.m. Kemberly was last known to be wearing clear braces on her teeth. She has thick eyebrows. FOUL PLAY SUSPECTED.

Opp Police Department (Alabama) - 1-334-493-4511

Kemberly Ramer, 17, disappeared Saturday, August 15, 1997, while staying at her father’s house in Opp. She had played in a high school softball game the day she went missing, and was last seen as she was heading home from her boyfriend’s house around 10 p.m. FBI investigators told the Associated Press in 1997 that they believed the Opp teen made it back to her father’s house and was either taken or left between midnight and 5 a.m. Ramer left behind her car, contact lenses, glasses, jewelry, keys, clothes and money. There have been multiple searches for her since her disappearance. She vanished four days before she was due to start her senior year of high school. She planned to attend the University of South Alabama and major in physical therapy. In May 1998, an FBI diving team scoured a 35-foot deep pond known as “Steep Hole” in Walton County, Florida. The tip came from a resident of Holmes County. Tannic acid, which blackens water to the point of near opaqueness, hampered the search effort. In July 2006, an anonymous phone tip prompted a search just a handful of miles West on Highway 90, in a sinkhole near Ponce de Leon, Florida. Once again, dogs and divers were unable to retrieve remains from the water. Ramer’s mother and sister reportedly watched at the scene. In 2016, her case was featured on NBC Dateline Cold Case Spotlight.

Gone without a trace? Misery, mystery linger in these Alabama missing child cases

I was trying to find a more exact location of where Kemberly was reportedly last seen (fathers house) if not an address at least the name of the street, none of the articles give that info for some reason. Her father has since passed away and her mother according to news articles lives in Fl. Anyone know what area of Opp she went missing from?

Also

I have known about this other disappearance for a while now but didn't realize it was less than two weeks prior to KR's. Its 40 miles or so south of Opp. 16 yo Kristy Rogers went missing on Aug 2 from Crestview Fl, If its a coincidence its an odd one.

Here's her page here on WS.

FL - FL - Kristy Rogers, 16, Crestview, 2 Aug 1997

Kristy Rogers and Kemberly Ramer look a lot alike.

I haven't logged on and checked this thread in a while, but several months ago a grand jury was convened in regards to Kemberly's case. The local DA released a statement, which read in part: “Per the Grand Jury’s instructions, we will reconvene and present the next phase of the evidence we have discovered in the near future. I am confident that we will find justice for Kemberly Ramer. We will not rest until we do,” he said.'
This is a frustrating case. The police and Kemberley's family know- and have known for years- who the responsible person is, they just can't prove it. Let's hope that "next phase" comes quickly.

I haven't logged on and checked this thread in a while, but several months ago a grand jury was convened in regards to Kemberly's case. The local DA released a statement, which read in part: “Per the Grand Jury’s instructions, we will reconvene and present the next phase of the evidence we have discovered in the near future. I am confident that we will find justice for Kemberly Ramer. We will not rest until we do,” he said.'
This is a frustrating case. The police and Kemberley's family know- and have known for years- who the responsible person is, they just can't prove it. Let's hope that "next phase" comes quickly.
Looks like it's only a matter of time...

I hope that they were listened to in order to obtain justice and put an end to their pain.
rest in peace kim

There have been no updates in the case through the media since 2021. It's a crying shame. That guy is still out there..guilty as sin. Convictions without a body are rare..but not unheard of. I'm not sure what has or has not been explored, but on the night of her murder, her sister's boyfriend stole a work truck from an family friend. That has been established. If I were an investigator, I would have that truck in my possession and would keep going over with a fine tooth comb. If it has a vin, it can be found, right? The location from which the truck was stolen, and the place it was ditched, should also give a good indication of where he was, or was going. Just in case it is not out there, his father was a Walton County, FL sheriff's deputy at the time.. so I'm sure that did not help matters.

There have been no updates in the case through the media since 2021. It's a crying shame. That guy is still out there..guilty as sin. Convictions without a body are rare..but not unheard of. I'm not sure what has or has not been explored, but on the night of her murder, her sister's boyfriend stole a work truck from an family friend. That has been established. If I were an investigator, I would have that truck in my possession and would keep going over with a fine tooth comb. If it has a vin, it can be found, right? The location from which the truck was stolen, and the place it was ditched, should also give a good indication of where he was, or was going. Just in case it is not out there, his father was a Walton County, FL sheriff's deputy at the time.. so I'm sure that did not help matters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back