Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A
yes like Massguy said, I wish they would go ahead and make a clear statement that there were or weren't, out of a bar full someone else had to have seen her leave! keeping this narrative "out there" and seeing the MSM comments full of racial hate , I would think that they need to say something sooner rather than later !
And part of the punishment should be an apology to the black community for bringing them into it if these guys never existed. Might seem silly but we must acknowledge when these stereotypes are perpetuated. I am a white woman but I see it far too often.

Woman’s body found in shallow grave in Hueytown yard

Jan 3, 2020

A woman’s body was found in a shallow grave in the backyard of a home where investigators from multiple law enforcement agencies worked overnight and today on Chapel Drive in Hueytown.

The body was wrapped in some sort of fabric but her body was intact, said Jefferson County Bessemer Cutoff District Attorney Lynneice Washington. The investigation into the disappearance of Paighton Houston led investigators to Hueytown, officials confirmed.

Similar to Heidi B -- it's always possible we may get a statement from a family member with the disclaimer that official identification is pending from the ME/coroner. MOO
IF it is PH the family will be the first to know. They would go from there and if they want to disclose that with a post on social media it might be cryptic. I have seen in some cases where family was notified of the passing or the identification made of their loved one and they made a cryptic post and waited for the official statement so not to be bombarded with messages. IMO

Woman's Body Found At Hueytown Investigation Scene

Jan 3, 2020

imgmva2837___03130654485.png

HUEYTOWN, AL — Officers from multiple law enforcement agencies convened in a Hueytown neighborhood Thursday night — including Trussville, Birmingham, Hueytown police and Jefferson County Sheriff's deputies — and returned Friday to investigate a tip in the disappearance of Trussville woman Paighton Houston, according to Birmingham police.

Bessemer Cutoff District Attorney Lynniece Washington said human remains were found buried on the property, and while law enforcement does know the body is a woman, they did not verify that the body is Paighton Houston.

[..]

A home on Chapel Drive was the subject of the investigation, and law enforcement officials have been seen entering the home and searching outside the home. The home is currently unoccupied.

A heavy law enforcement presence began in the area around 1:30 p.m. Thursday. Most of the agencies left the scene by 9:30 p.m. Chapel Drive and Love Street had the heaviest police presence, although residents said Pinewood Avenue from Johnson Drive were the first streets blocked off.

[..]

Thus far, law enforcement has been unable to confirm when Houston left the bar or with whom she left.

This story will be updated as more information is available.

As of 12/27, Sergeant Johnny Williams of the Birmingham Police Department stated

1. "investigators have reviewed surveillance video from a bar where Paighton Houston was last seen and have not found anyone matching the description of the two men she is believed to have left with."
2. "officers are still trying to track down the two men and are continuing to ask the public for help."

So, unless someone can post up on here that BPD has abandoned the "two men" theory, as of 12/27 it appears that indeed, LE believes Paighton was

A. Either at the bar, or in close enough proximity to the bar to have been able to enter a vehicle with, or otherwise leave with these two men, and
B. These two men are in fact being sought by BPD.

Absence of these two men on bar video does not mean they were not there, on the premises, standing outside, or somewhere else close by. Though google may not be up to date, I've been unable to locate any outside camera's on the building housing this bar.

OR, BPD is running a disinformation tactic relative to the entire aforementioned for reasons unbeknown at this time (which I highly doubt.)

So yes, she was at the bar, and yes, she left with two men......maybe :)

B’ham Police: Surveillance video in Paighton Houston case does not show 2 men she reportedly left with

Ha, I quoted myself :) Says right in this linky that officers are still trying to track down two men......

The article states that they have not ID'd the body. So we have no confirmation that it is actually PH.

Indeed, one's logic would assume this to be PH, however, anything's possible. Could be another victim of the same crime ring, or a double homicide, etc. However, I personally tend toward the former, rather than the latter.

Another thought about the way the body was wrapped in cloth. There was no mention as to whether she was fully or partially clothed when found. If she were nude my first thought would go towards a sexual assault and then homicide (or the reverse is also possible, I suppose - ugh.)

I'm also thinking that it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that the person or people responsible for wrapping the body just grabbed a sheet from inside that house or outside from that pile. Horrible to consider, but I'm with those who feel there was no sentiment involved in the decision to wrap the body.

The thing about the wrapping is that it tends to not be a conscious part of the decision.

There are lots of ways to move a body--rolled in a carpet, folded into a suitcase or garbage can (that's very common), just dragged as is, dismembered down the garbage disposal--and lots of ways to dispose of it--leave it where it is, dump it in the back yard, roll it down a highway embankment, drag it into the woods, throw it in a river. When someone decides to wrap the body in some kind of cloth, they might only be thinking of containing the mess, but that's not necessarily a decision a more distant killer usually makes.

Countless WS case threads are required closed for clean up by a Moderator every day. Rumors and speculation take over -- are assumed factual -- and lead to the forum becoming exactly what members & management do not want.

Specific to FB, it's unfortunate that PH's family did not make an "Official Missing Person" page to update the public on the case with credible information they wanted shared. Again, these pages are typically closed to public comments for the very same reason posting from FB is not allowed on this facts-based forum.

Official page not to be confused with closed FB groups that PH's family spokesman recently condemned on MSM. Information from and by the official FB page Admin would be approved for discussion here.

MOO

ETA: Members are always welcome to discuss ANY information outside the main thread under the convo feature which allows up to 20 members in a conversation.
Thanks! I was unaware of the convo feature! How do you find them?
Agreed! The rules keep this from being a gossip and rumor Mill like every other site. I don't think anyone is prevented from floating any theory. Just no repeating gossip. Umm a fan of the rules for sure!

Ok...I have a procedural question that I do not mean to sound insensitive. In a high profile case like PH, once the coroner has ID'd the body...must the family also view the body to confirm?

Positive identification of the deceased applies to all-- not only the high profile. However, with advanced technology (DNA, etc.,) it's not as grim as we've long seen on TV. In many areas, identification is now possible by a photo and physical viewing of the body by next of kin not required.

Agreed:
“BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Sergeant Johnny Williams with the Birmingham Police Department said investigators have reviewed surveillance video from a bar where Paighton Houston was last seen and have not found anyone matching the description of the two men she is believed to have left with.” (BBM)
B’ham Police: Surveillance video in Paighton Houston case does not show 2 men she reportedly left with

To the best of my knowledge, LE has not confirmed the friend’s statement that Paighton left with two men.

This report does not confirm by BPD that she was seen on video. It only confirms the viewed video “... from a bar where she was last seen.”

The thing about the wrapping is that it tends to not be a conscious part of the decision.

There are lots of ways to move a body--rolled in a carpet, folded into a suitcase or garbage can (that's very common), just dragged as is, dismembered down the garbage disposal--and lots of ways to dispose of it--leave it where it is, dump it in the back yard, roll it down a highway embankment, drag it into the woods, throw it in a river. When someone decides to wrap the body in some kind of cloth, they might only be thinking of containing the mess, but that's not necessarily a decision a more distant killer usually makes.

When one wraps a body in cloth it is a sign of care as well. Like they know her or cared, OR they were making a burial shroud. Also could be a sign of remorse and wanting to give a form of comfort, depending on how it's wrapped. What most don't tend to realize is the evidence that is contained in the cloth. Not just from what happened, but they will be able to tell if the individual who had said cloth owned an animal etc, unless it was newly purchased. There will also be evidence from the other individual from transfer DNA etc.

Ok...I have a procedural question that I do not mean to sound insensitive. In a high profile case like PH, once the coroner has ID'd the body...must the family also view the body to confirm?

The family or anyone else is never required to view a dead body to make an identification.

Indeed, one's logic would assume this to be PH, however, anything's possible. Could be another victim of the same crime ring, or a double homicide, etc. However, I personally tend toward the former, rather than the latter.

MSM is previously reported that LE went to the Hueytown site on Thursday afternoon following information about missing Paighton Houston. Doesn't sound like this investigation scene applies to a different female.

The grave was discovered in the backyard of an apparently vacant home in Hueytown by investigators looking for 29-year-old Paighton Houston, who was last seen in Birmingham on Dec. 20.

"A source confirms to WBRC FOX6 News officers were in the area working off a tip related to missing woman Paighton Houston."
Female body found in shallow grave behind Hueytown home
PER DA:"tips led law enforcement to the scene near Chapel Drive, where the body was found. The woman’s body, which is still intact, is with the coroner." BBM
Woman’s body found in Hueytown near Chapel Drive

Well hopefully the tips weren't totally "anonymous" because one would believe that only those involved or that the involved party/parties had spoke to would have this information.

When one wraps a body in cloth it is a sign of care as well. Like they know her or cared, OR they were making a burial shroud. Also could be a sign of remorse and wanting to give a form of comfort, depending on how it's wrapped. What most don't tend to realize is the evidence that is contained in the cloth. Not just from what happened, but they will be able to tell if the individual who had said cloth owned an animal etc, unless it was newly purchased. There will also be evidence from the other individual from transfer DNA etc.
It can also be the most convenient way to move a body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels