Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m uncertain why people r looking for another explanation to the meaning “I feel in trouble” (if she sent it)
She clearly was in trouble. She’s dead.

ETA: And she sure as heck didn’t Wrap herself in cloth and burry herself in a shallow grave.

Because a killer could have texted that from her phone to establish a false narrative. It happens.

One of the first msm articles posted stated that Facebook friends (plural) said PH did not know the 2 men. This may be why some believe more than one person saw her leave.

You've got be kidding. I realize you're not, though. Was whoever wrote that nonsense just trying to be a PC SJW or trying to say the alleged woman is a dude/trans?
I'm not following? I was pointing out that she and/or her was quoted in MSM when referring to the friend, so I'm just going to assume the friend is a female. I was replying to a post considering the friend being a male put in the friend zone.

I think it is what type of trouble being explored. I.e., trouble as in suspicion of being physically harmed, robbed, etc or trouble as in, I'm going to relapse and will need a ride and cover. Ultimately, we know the outcome was trouble. It still doesn't explain what happened that lead to the grave. MOO
And to that I would say the perp(s) were successful in their plan and execution to throw the suspicion off themself(s) and onto the victim. Who better than a recovering addict? I say they fooled a lot of people. JMO

So, what’s the point?
Not all trap houses are associated with POC and not all POC know one another. And racial segregation of neighborhoods is a thing of the past, in my experience, as a POC.
I agree with you. I am familiar and this is not a "segregated" neighborhood. A lot of this is, unfortunately based on stereotypes of the state/, region.

So, what’s the point?
Not all trap houses are associated with POC and not all POC know one another. And racial segregation of neighborhoods is a thing of the past, in my experience, as a POC.
It wasn't a point it was a question. If the neighborhood was all one race, I think a person of the same race would be more familiar with the area.

[QUOTE="MassGuy, post: 15690644, member: 219191
“Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”
[/QUOTE]

She and her friend had a fight. She left with the guys, possibly to go bar hopping. She realized it was a bad move, and the phrase 'I feel in trouble' didn't refer to her being scared, rather she felt she was in trouble with her friend as a result of the prior fight and wanted assurance her friend would respond if she called her....
a sort of amend for the prior tiff they had earlier.....ALL SPECULATION on my part!

I remember reading somewhere here the property where PH was found someone had recently moved out of that home (elderly) and was being taken care of by another family member. Anyone know how long ago this man moved? Also, if he was in poor health I'm sure he wasn't cleaning, all that trash in the back yard looks fairly new, not weather aged in my opinion. Could someone have been cleaning out the home and noticed the shallow grave? JMO

I'm not following? I was pointing out that she and/or her was quoted in MSM when referring to the friend, so I'm just going to assume the friend is a female. I was replying to a post considering the friend being a male put in the friend zone.

OH! I'm sorry. I thought you were saying media made a point of writing "she/her" as in gender fluidity. lol. Chalk it up to the times we live in. My bad.

I remember reading somewhere here the property where PH was found someone had recently moved out of that home (elderly) and was being taken care of by another family member. Anyone know how long ago this man moved? Also, if he was in poor health I'm sure he wasn't cleaning, all that trash in the back yard looks fairly new, not weather aged in my opinion. Could someone have been cleaning out the home and noticed the shallow grave? JMO
IIRC neighbors were reported as saying it has been vacant for at least a few weeks. MOO

I agree with you. I am familiar and this is not a "segregated" neighborhood. A lot of this is, unfortunately based on stereotypes of the state/, region.
I didn't mean to upset anyone. I live in the Midwest & most areas are either black,white or in transition.

Most phones need passwords to access.

I have my best friend's password. He has mine. My kids all have our passwords. Face recognition or a fingerprint isn't that hard if the person is there as well. Also- I know my android does not lock if on my person- so that could be any person. I haven't got my new iphone figured out yet- but that doesn't lock immediately either- one of my kids did the settings for me. I chose to have a passcode on it instead of facial or fingerprint. My sons all have a passcode or pattern- and they are both iphone and android users

Oh yeah- you dont need to unlock to reply to a text bubble on the screen. Hold it down- you can text the person back- at least on our iphones

Last edited:
Until LE says anything, we're essentially spinning our wheels on 3 things;

1) What was the role of the friend, if any?
2) Who sent the text? If PH sent it, what was the context when she sent it.
3) Who did it?

I feel like I've never seen a thread with so much...nothing? Not in a negative way, but we're really just at a roadblock until LE gives us more info.

I just can’t make any of the official narrative pieces fit in my mind.

Coworker just stands by and watches while she leaves “willingly” with two unknown heavy set males? But then an hour later Paighton texts to say she doesn’t know who she’s with?? She would most likely still be with the two men she willingly left with. Why would she suddenly not recognize these people? Was she wasted? Clearly not wasted enough to make a typo. Obviously sober enough to be sure to type her “im”s and “idk”s correctly.

And she felt in trouble? Apparently not enough to provide any details about the people who were making her feel unsafe, or her location. Not even unsafe enough to reach out to a second person after the first didn’t respond?

None of it adds up, imo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, what’s the point?
this is a small community on the outside of Birmingham with a predominantly African-American make up and has shown a steady decline in property values in the recent years and an increase in drug activity and crime.

Until LE says anything, we're essentially spinning our wheels on 3 things;

1) What was the role of the friend, if any?
2) Who sent the text? If PH sent it, what was the context when she sent it.
3) Who did it?

I feel like I've never seen a thread with so much...nothing? Not in a negative way, but we're really just at a roadblock until LE gives us more info.
Yeah, this is very unusual. Normally it’s pretty easy to figure out basically what happened, but that’s just not the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther