Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you forensics experts remember how long it takes to get results for toxicology reports? Ugh...
This isn’t the same situation, and I don’t live in Alabama, but I lost a family member in a car accident last month. The other driver was at fault, and is suspected to have been under the influence of some type of substance. It is an open criminal investigation, and we were told 6 months for toxicology reports. They did say that the harder the family pushes the prosecutor the quicker we will see results. We were a little confused by that.

So, what’s the point?
Not all trap houses are associated with POC and not all POC know one another. And racial segregation of neighborhoods is a thing of the past, in my experience, as a POC.
this is a small community on the outside of Birmingham with a trending predominantly African-American make up and has shown a steady decline in property values in the recent years and an increase in drug activity and crime.

I didn't mean to upset anyone. I live in the Midwest & most areas are either black,white or in transition.
Not upset. I have relatives from other parts of the country that still see my Birmingham with dogs and fire hoses where we all live in either black or white neighborhoods. Was just clarifying that neighborhoods here may be predominantly one race or another but are not segregated to the point that our race would determine what we know about a particular neighborhood like you asked. If strangers were around, that didn't live in the neighborhood, the might be noticed for being strangers. This area in Hueytown would be represented by many races.

Without proof that PH was even at the bar, I respectfully decline to give any sort of idea on what happened

I don't think she was in that bar and here's why: Local media is hungry for news and this story was immediately big news. They would have interviewed the bartender, waitresses and anyone else who could give them a scoop and something to write and there are always people who love to talk and be on the news. None of that has happened.

Oh c'mon- I know you have it figured out- you're just not telling... tox seems to take forever. I hope we aren't waiting just that

I think it’s far more probable than not, that we’re looking at a homicide.

Obviously they will perform toxicology, but I don’t see that being a holdup here. Not if the autopsy reveals a clear cause of death.

Anyone hear anything about an autopsy?

I don't think she was in that bar and here's why: Local media is hungry for news and this story was immediately big news. They would have interviewed the bartender, waitresses and anyone else who could give them a scoop and something to write and there are always people who love to talk and be on the news. None of that has happened.
This is a GREAT point! I was very surprised that they didn't find employees, bystanders, or WHOEVER they could find to interview!!

So, what’s the point?
Not all trap houses are associated with POC and not all POC know one another. And racial segregation of neighborhoods is a thing of the past, in my experience, as a POC.
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone thinks this is a trap house, where she was found. Vacant? Yes. Trashed? Indeed. Trap house? Is there any actual evidence of this, or was that speculation that somehow grew legs here?

Got a link to some of those interviews the media conducted with witnesses from the bar in the Savannah Spurlock case?

The news is not about information or solving a case, they're about viewership and viewership comes from emotion not data. That's why they put the families on and now the gruesome details.

This isn’t the same situation, and I don’t live in Alabama, but I lost a family member in a car accident last month. The other driver was at fault, and is suspected to have been under the influence of some type of substance. It is an open criminal investigation, and we were told 6 months for toxicology reports. They did say that the harder the family pushes the prosecutor the quicker we will see results. We were a little confused by that.

OMG, I'm so sorry about your family member and being put through this absurd waiting game. It's inexcusable. A drug test can be done in MINUTES so toxicology is probably also pretty fast. It's just whatever lab the county uses and backlogs. You may be able to get it done independently.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone thinks this is a trap house, where she was found. Vacant? Yes. Trashed? Indeed. Trap house? Is there any actual evidence of this, or was that speculation that somehow grew legs here?
I said it “looked” like a trap house way back in the thread because...well...it does. But that was MOO, not suggesting it was in fact one.

Oh I knew you didn’t mean it negatively. Speaking only for myself, I find I spend more time on WS with you guys than I do with people I actually know. It is hard not to get involved and it’s hard not to get frustrated too sometimes with no solid leads.
I don't mean nothing in a negative connotation. We're just stuck presently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea