Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Jo in Calif, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lamima

Lamima Well-Known Member

It's been said in the thread that folks up to criminal activities with a record (on probation maybe) not wanting to get caught with an OD'd person. Maybe they, being high, weren't thinking straight.

Here is a scenario...partying at house. Folks all over, in different rooms. Some passed out or out of their minds high. Several hours later, home owner finds a dead partier. There are folks all over, some with records and/or on probation. There may be drugs, lots of cash and weapons around, who knows. But they can't have LE show up there. They then dump the body down the street at a known vacant home. Trying to distance themselves from the death.

2. Aurea

Aurea On Time Out

"The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office will be continuing this investigation and prosecution will be through the Bessemer Division of Jefferson County.”
    I'm assuming the writer meant, "if there is prosecution, it would be handled by Bessemer"?

3. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

This has some good info from CDC governing of Death Certificates. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg02-508.pdf

4. BlinkOfAnI

Unfortunately that happens too often. Probation or not.

5. glynngoble

glynngoble Well-Known Member

I think it is difficult for sober-minded people to put themselves in the place of someone in that situation, however not only do drugs alter your decision-making skills but they alter your normal emotions. People take drugs everyday to numb their feelings. So I would expect if you were under the influence of some drugs, empathy and compassion, while normally paramount, could be lost in the panic.
    I did do my fair share of pot 30 years ago, so I get the euphoria and also paranoia that you can feel. Here is a scenario I can imagine:
    It's the holidays and everyone is happy and celebrating and PH is not immune to wanting to be like everyone else this time of year. Whether it was planned, or alcohol induced, she fell off the wagon. Whether it was just friends, or a mix of people known to her or not, when the s$%t hits the fan, your immediate instinct is "MAKE IT GO AWAY!" You start taking steps before you have even thought about a plan and before you know, things have moved passed the point of no return. If others there were also in recovery, they immediately realize that their slip will be found out and BOOM! there goes the job (and all that goes with that,) the family support, everyone's trust that was so hard to gain back, and possibly even custody of your kids if that is a factor. If strangers (bad dudes...dealers, etc.) were there, they might threaten PH's friends and say, "Uh no...you are NOT calling the popo." Also, the "mob" mentality comes into play. Everyone expects everyone else to stop this thing. And when others are involved it is easier to lessen your sense of responsibility. Just some thoughts. Could be totally off base. All theoretical and MOO.

6. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

Curious to me as well. However, It could be they were expected to be quiet.

7. Adalineskies

Adalineskies Active Member

Those can also be characteristics that can be applied to all who suffer from an addiction. It's a lifelong battle and each day holds some uncertainty to it. From my own experiences with family that has dealt with addiction, a relapse does not mean that treatment didn't work or that the person lost their willpower to live.

That being said, it's still too early for me to theorize what happened. I do think it's weird that they didn't release a clothing description of the men she allegedly left with

joejs89, Seattle1, cass523 and 7 others like this.
  8. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

1987, Momof4RN, MsArk and 15 others like this.
  9. Aurea

Aurea On Time Out

LE isn't going to keep us updated on their investigation, unfortunately...I just wonder. All we know is what ph told her family, right? Doesn't make it fact. Sad, but we may never get cause or manner of her death. This is aweful.

BOSCOE likes this.
  10. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

This is my best speculation, too. I learned something on Dr. Phil, of all shows, that is a good tip for everyone to know, even drug dealers.

If I am not mistaken, I think that Dr. Phil said that anyone can ask a pharmacist for NARCAN. You don't need a prescription. You can just ask for it. So, if you saw someone overdosed on the side of the road, you could potentially save a person's life.

Just think. If PH had overdosed and they did have NARCAN on hand, they could have potentially saved her life.

11. Moonracer

Moonracer Well-known Unknown

Off-Topic but I feel important: I beg you to repost this comment whenever you can, in the comments on news stories of addiction or overdose. Your comment could save lives! MOO.

12. Moonracer

yes:
    Search Results
    Featured snippet from the web

In every state, residents can purchase NARCAN ® Nasal Spray directly from a pharmacist under a Statewide Naloxone Standing Order or Collaborative Practice Agreement. Let NARCAN ® Nasal Spray be there to help you. NARCAN ® Nasal Spray is available without a prescription from your doctor at all major pharmacy chains.
    how to get narcan ® nasal spray

https://www.narcan.com › patients › how-to-get-narcan

13. Aurea

Aurea On Time Out

I grew up in California when heroin was the crap of use. 50 plus years ago, I helped ice down a man that odeed...horrific, still vivid in my mind. Knew peeps that went thru treatment and had to stay on methadone to quell. I know Paighton went to Christian based therapy. Not sure what all that entailed, just know heroin is super addictive by observation...

joejs89, Seattle1, momrids6 and 5 others like this.
  14. Moonracer

Gosh sorry to post 3 in a row, but as to the case, I feel a homicide is more likely than any other scenario, MOO of course.

Just my opinion that if someone OD'd, and someone was "concerned" they wouldn't wrap someone up and put them in a shallow grave, and then not say anything day after day after day, but would have called 911 anonymously as soon as they were able. I could see covering up the face of the (possibly) deceased, but the shallow grave for an OD victim and wrapped up? Nope.

I'm thinking homicide. JMO

Jan424, Kittybunny, Nancy19XX and 9 others like this.
  15. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

If she did OD, I think she knew who she was with and they sent the next to indicate that she didn't.

It's hard to believe that if someone ODs the people with them would be so stupid as to panic and try to hide the body. However, we know there's a lot of stupid out there. I don't know what kind of legal trouble one could get in for being with someone who overdosed but, if that's what happened, they're definitely in trouble now.

I can't help but wonder if the tox report is going to turn up fentanyl. As if addicts aren't in enough danger, that stuff has brought the danger to a whole new level.

16. evilwise

evilwise Well-Known Member

Fentanyl is more likely than heroin period in 2020 that's why they say "opioid abuse"

17. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put much stock in it. What "police said" could have been based on the assumption that people who go to bars do so to drink. If she did drink, it would sure explain good judgment and caution going out the window.

18. sillybilly

sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

It was actually a part of a direct quote from the Sheriff's office, so does not appear to be journalistic interpretation.

19. BlinkOfAnI

RIP beautiful angel

20. ChuckInHouston

ChuckInHouston Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.