Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - link attached to article
Snipped from article:
“We have evidence the victim died the next day at a house on McClain Street in Brighton. We have evidence that after the victim died, her body was disposed of in a criminal manner by Fredrick Hampton.”

"The body of the 29-year-old Houston was found Friday, Jan. 3, wrapped in sheets and buried in a shallow grave behind the house at 215 Chapel Drive. That house belongs to relatives of Hampton."

ETA: Nothing has been mentioned regarding the McClain St. house being vacant

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death
The Google image was taken in Jan 2014 and it appears someone was living there at that time. IMO, it sure appears to be vacant as of a couple of weeks ago. One of the doors is standing open. However, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen people leave their door open in the middle of winter. lol..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Boscoe :)

I find it hard to believe a violent sexual offender who gang raped and sodomized a woman previously, that has been confirmed to have been with the victim at the bar that night and the next day, who disposed of her body, is not also directly associated with/responsible for her death. There may indeed be others involved, but I don’t think that absolves him of being directly involved as well. (Will more than one DNA profile come back? )

If they thought this was the case, that he only “abused the corpse”, then his charges may include Felony Accessory After the Fact. But then again, they need to prove murder to begin with, which as we know COD and tox are still being completed.

I said I am done speculating but I changed my mind - I’m going with walk like a duck, talk like a duck on this one. Sure, crazy coincidences exist, I’ve seen them occur many times here on WS, but his criminal history is just too hard for me to ignore. As LE has confirmed, it seems he is the last one that was with the victim, even before the “abuse of the corpse”.

Very complicated and so difficult for her dear family.

I totally understand why you feel this way as others do too.
I just read LE announcement a different way and also after listening to the PA.

I do believe the ME would be able to see if Paighton had been SA and I also believe they would have displayed urgency in locating FH if this were the case.

One thing I'm positive about is some person(s) put Paighton with this man at multiple locations. In other words in my mind there was at least one or more people who were a witness to what occurred. Someone blabbed like they always do in criminal activity. :rolleyes:

I just don't believe LE would issue warrant for FH with idle gossip. They know ALOT and there are more involved.

MOO

Very complicated and so difficult for her dear family.

I totally understand why you feel this way as others do too.
I just read LE announcement a different way and also after listening to the PA.

I do believe the ME would be able to see if Paighton had been SA and I also believe they would have displayed urgency in locating FH if this were the case.

One thing I'm positive about is some person(s) put Paighton with this man at multiple locations. In other words in my mind there was at least one or more people who were a witness to what occurred. Someone blabbed like they always do in criminal activity. :rolleyes:

I just don't believe LE would issue warrant for FH with idle gossip. They know ALOT and there are more involved.

MOO

Good catch. I doubt he told LE he was at the McClain Street address.

Taking a leap of faith posting, so nothing new or current: current alacourt cases on Fredrick Hampton just shows his cases from already MSM reports regarding rape etc cases from 20 + years ago
Still waiting on a MOD to confirm or deny if I can post cases from Alacourt regarding GC who was mentioned in MSM by an/her attorney.

Still waiting on a MOD to confirm or deny if I can post cases from Alacourt regarding GC who was mentioned in MSM by an/her attorney.
I'm not a mod, but you cannot post anything about anyone except FH and PH that you have sleuthed. Finding court records is sleuthing. It has nothing to do with court records being more reliable than MSM and everything to do with respecting the privacy of people who have not been named as suspects or confirmed as victims. You can only talk about what has appeared in MSM about her. You cannot bring her social media, court records, or anything else about her here to discuss publicly since she is not a suspect.

I thought my post was pretty clear that I believe there will be more arrests. I have no clue nor am I speculating on who they are. MOO

Your post was clear. You said you believe that only thing FH did in this death investigation was what he was charged with. I said why did he bury her?

The top house pictured is 44XX McClain St. Brighton

Interesting the house to the left 4425 McClain has multiple sex offenders living there one with last name of Hampton (this house is owned by MARS HILL BAPTIST CHURCH, possibly half-way house/charity?) Another name caught my eye as well....but have not researched.

Snipped from Alabama Law Enforcement Sex Offender Registry
Alabama Law Enforcement Agency- Contact
View attachment 226527
BBM
Well, there goes the neighborhood!:p

IIRC when the initial info came out wasn’t it stated somewhere that either a co-worker or friend of PH had ties to the home she was found at? And now FH has ties to that house? I’m curious (and I know we can’t sleuth the co-workers and friends), but are any related to FH?? Just a random question we don’t have an answer to, but maybe there is a link?

When the initial info came out about the house where she was found, someone(s) brought some rumors here from God only knows where, and started posting as if it were fact, that someone connected to someone was related to blah blah (I'm not going to repeat what was actually said). It doesn't surprise me in the least that FH has ties to the house, since awareness space is something criminals can't really get away from (and most don't even try). Many of us speculated the perp would be directly connected to or have first hand knowledge of that house. Voila, he's connected. Anyone can sleuth away when it comes to FH and who he's related to. However, no names can be posted publicly, unless MSM reports on it, or LE makes a statement about it.

I believe once they have a COD from the ME, and it is homicide, then they will charge FH with murder. For now, they can only charge with abuse of a corpse. It’s quite common to charge with abuse first to get them in custody with more charges added later.

And yet, the reason why we twin these words, "recovering" and "addict", is because the prevailing wisdom says, "once an addict, always an addict".

PH knew this full well, I suspect; and if her family did any type of Al-Anon type activity in connection with her prior issues, so did her family.

"Being in recovery" is a deterrent; it's not an impenetrable hedge like the one around Sleeping Beauty's castle.
ChuckInHouston, to whom I was replying was treating it as if she went to the bar with an intent to find drugs. Rickcross, the person I had been replying to when Chuck replied to me was posing the question of why if she HAD been intending to relapse she would "need" to connect with a stranger. Now you're bringing it around full circle and making my original point back to me. It's very difficult to argue with three different people all of whom make their own subjective interpretations of my posts.

Yes, addicts can and do relapse and those relapses can snowball shockingly fast in the absence of a supportive sponsor. At the risk of "victim blaming", "sleuthing a non-poi" or violating some additional one of the myriad written and unwritten rules IN MY OPINION ONLY AND WITH THE PREFACE THAT DOING RECREATIONAL DRUGS IN NO WAY DESERVES DEATH, I believe that the work friend actually started the chain of events by convincing Paighton to do just a little bit of Xanax or some other similar drug she thought was no big deal with no idea how it could affect a recovering addict. This would explain her being "asleep" before midnight, her initial reluctance to "blow the whistle", her somewhat muddled recounting of the events of the night in question, her absence from the media, her retention of a high priced lawyer, all of it.

If I'm right, I feel terrible for her. If this is the case, she committed only the puniest of misdemeanors with absolutely no malicious intent whatsoever - only youthful ignorance. I certainly hope that she suffers no legal or civil consequences even though I think Paighton's mom in her grief would feel otherwise for the time being. The friend living the rest of her life with the weight of responsibility for a friend's death on her shoulders would be more than bad enough. Hopefully other young people with recovering friends may learn a lesson from this story.

If u use the search button above and put in our mod Sillybilly u will see her prior post that has already answered this question.
The answer is no. Also her attorney only mentioned her by her first name so the C came from rumorville. Tia for helping to keep the thread opened and not frustrating our mods anymore than they already are on this thread.

I wonder why LE held FH for 48 on a kidnapping charge. Obviously they knew he was involved. Were they hoping to find enough evidence during those 48 to make that charge stick or another serious charge. It could have backfired as he may have run because of such a serious charge.

Snipped

District Attorney Washington explains that based on the information given to the office, Hampton and Houston were at the Tin Roof together.

Washington said, “We have different stories as to what took place at the point of her becoming missing, but in terms of other connections prior to that we don’t have the information.”

Snip

“Whenever a crime occurs, or there is a missing person, you do just like you do in any other case, you start talking to witnesses. For those people that were there at Tin Roof, more specifically in this case the people that [Paighton] went therewith, you just speak with those people that are present and that can give you insight as to what was going on.”

“Right now we have witnesses that saw her leave with someone and we know that she went with someone,” Washington says.

Jefferson Co. district attorney asks for tips as search continues for suspect Fredrick Hampton

Ok so now we have Our suspect placed at the bar with our victim...at least that’s what people say.
It’s really so disheartening that there r a variety of stories. PH deserved better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname