Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the coworker(s) is/are not yet a part of this case, it seems, as an important witness(es), according to her Criminal Defense Attorney, who was hired for one of them to facilitate all communication between his client and Law Enforcement. I have heard snips of different takes here or there, but never went digging around, because the truth will come out in the end, one way or the other.

I would rather stand behind Charlaine Houston, and hope those involved with her daughter that night, all the co workers involved or not involved, but know something from speaking to the others, or in association, will tell the truth, which the mother insists they are not. Hopes that all involved will tell her the truth, that had any sort of friendship.

I will continue to remain pro Charlaine and silent on names, guilt, and continue to connect my own dots with what makes sense, from what LE has given us, MSM has shared, and what Paighton has given us, and what side dishes served, not really a factor yet, until LE can speak to a suspect and connect all dots, either leading to others involved, and others not involved. Hopefully some sense comes from all this, and Charlaine who had to bury her dead daughter receive all truth and closure, by the end of this messy and difficult investigation.

It makes me suspect, of others, simply because LE has not come out and stood for their star witnesses, clearing them of any wrong doing today, tomorrow, or the future, in regards to having no wrongdoing or guilt, in any way, in regards, to the death of Paighton Houston. What is stopping them from doing so? A great opportunity to clear those being slandered on SM or whatever is occurring on SM, is to publicly clear them. LE said not to sleuth or have court on SM in regards to FH on SM or the case of Paighton Houston.

This case is strange and imo, when people suspected by SM come forth and speak to public, and they present as good, caring, and honest citizens, adjacent to being empathetic, mindful of others, kind, open, and honest, this is what I have factually seen stop 98% of pre judgement and false accusations, in many cases. Even on this board, people where judging JA left and right, the ex boyfriend to Mark Latunski. The boyfriend went to media, did not bash the people, said he had death threats, but it was the mindful and respectful manner JA presented, the kind and thoughtful words to the victims family, and all involved, that swept all the blame, by mere association, as if a tsunami swept through the blame and slander. If LE doesn't clear you, then imo, doing as JA did in the Latunski case will do a person better than hiding in silence behind a Criminal Defense Attorney who is calling out others with names. People who make trouble for no justifiable reasons or causes will not be silence by a Criminal Defense Attorney attacking back, imo.

I'm not sure that speaking publicly is the best option, either, and doesn't always stop the masses from harassment. ML's ex-wife was also getting harassed and death threats.

I see no benefit to making assumptions about co-workers at this point given so far, the suspect that has been named is more in line with the original facts/ reports. I have seen cases in which LE has publicly cleared suspects and considered maybe they should in this case, too, but the case that stands out the most was Libby &Abby. Their bodies were found on RL's property, which was expectedly searched, and RL was arrested at one time. LE cleared him because they had him in custody and they clarified his arrest was not at all related to the murders.
Others have stated that LE only has obligation to speak to clear individuals if they are in custody. In that regard, it makes sense that none of the co-workers have been mentioned by LE one way or the other.

I'm not sure of their involvement but at this point, clearly LE is focused elsewhere at least publicly and I couldn't imagine being in my early 20s, losing my friend, and being harassed and named on the internet if I had no malicious involvement. If anyone with her that night knows more information, I hope they come forward but I'm personally (moo) doubtful of any criminal wrongdoing by co-workers.

PH needs to be the focus and LE must believe has the answers they need. Moo

Last edited:
I think it's plausible to consider how PH, the older and experienced member of the group (according to the witness's attorney description of his client) was either asked or offered to be the person to score a substance that FH or his associates were offering. I think it's equally plausible to consider how others might scrutinize one making a request from one in recovery -- or even accepting an offer to do so.

MOO
Yes...the fact that she is older is what made me wonder if she might have been the "chaperone", so to speak. Had not considered that she might have been asked to score on someone else's behalf. But I agree, that is a possibility. Now that we know that she and FH knew each other, I simply can't think of any other reason that their world's would have ever met...other than drugs.

As a convicted sexual offender, FH is required to be listed on the SO Register and bound by multiple policies. They have 3 days to report change of address and failing to do so is a crime (FH violation 2012).

In Alabama -- each year, during the offender's birth month and every three months thereafter, the offender must report in person to local law enforcement for registration. The local law enforcement agency submits the completed registration information to ALEA for verification along with a current photograph and fingerprints.

LE reported he was current and/or in compliance with SOR when detained Dec 28, 2019.

Sex Offender Registry | Alabama Law Enforcement Agency

ETA: Not surprised at the high concentration of SO in Brighton due to the restriction of where SO's can live. Life in a fishbowl - making it a community. MOO
@Seattle1...thanks for posting this information. Do you know why they would get a new set of prints every year? I was under the impression that fingerprints never change...

^^sbm

I too will stand behind PH's mom in her time of grief and sorry after losing her beloved daughter way too soon. However, I'm not believing all that she's offering in any FB group (republished in MSM) as fact because simply because it's what she believes in her broken heart. Case facts must always come from LE. In some ways, I think she's being exploited in these groups. I also hope that FB environment is aware of the stages of grief and will continue to support her in the months if not years to come. Continued wishes for peace and comfort for PH's family, friends, and community. MOO

The 7 stages of grief
  • Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  • Pain and guilt. ...
  • Anger and bargaining. ...
  • Depression. ...
  • The upward turn. ...
  • Reconstruction and working through. ...
  • Acceptance and hope.
I 100% Agree with this. I, too, cringe at the exploitative component. Grief is a long, arduous journey and isn't always compatible with LE evidence. MOO

their paths could have crossed in a group rehab setting or sobriety meetings. moo. also she could have willingly left with him, but not willingly went where he took her. his plans could have been very different than what her plans were. I doubt he was advertising about any bones in his closet. moo.

Yes...the fact that she is older is what made me wonder if she might have been the "chaperone", so to speak. Had not considered that she might have been asked to score on someone else's behalf. But I agree, that is a possibility. Now that we know that she and FH knew each other, I simply can't think of any other reason that their world's would have ever met...other than drugs.
Trying to catch up, I think I have missed a lot. Bolded be me. How do we know that she and FH knew each other?

@Seattle1...thanks for posting this information. Do you know why they would get a new set of prints every year? I was under the impression that fingerprints never change...
Besides positive identification, I think there are physical reasons to update fingerprints but I believe it's also because of ever changes and/or improvements in technology. MOO

I saw a lot here earlier about crime in Birmingham area. I moved to Alabama in 1998 lived in Trussville drove to work just up the hill in Vestavia Hills from where Paighton worked...I couldn't figure out why they would choose a place downtown Birmingham after work.

Downtown Birmingham is where all of the young professionals go after work, as this is where the entertainment districts are located. The major hospitals, law firms, and large companies are all downtown, and downtown is one of the safest areas to be. Condos, lofts, bars, restaurants, and new businesses are opening constantly downtown. Most people aren’t driving out to a suburb to get together.

So much doesn't add up.

It appears PH left the bar willingly, yet FH was held on kidnapping allegations for 2 days. MOO, they suspected him, snatched him up, and so he wouldn't run, but had to let him go due to lack of evidence of kidnapping.

PH had no trauma that would have led to her death. Well, just what could have led to her death then? Suffocation? Not what I suspect. MOO, drug overdose, either forced upon her, or willful.

FH is reported to have been with her 12/20, and 12/21. FH is believed to have buried her, if you want to call it that, hence, the abuse of corpse charges.

But LE hasn't said FH did anything else, no allegations of anything else. So, there's not much to go on with that, other than speculation.

I'm pretty sure from what I've read, that PH was at that bar, and she walked out of there on her own accord, without appearing to be dragged/kidnapped in any way. And it appears she didn't die from blunt force trauma, or strangulation, or by firearm, or knife.

What's left to speculate upon regarding her death? Heart attack? That's entirely possible. Some other health issue unrelated to drugs at all? Also very possible. With PH it's tempting to go down the OD road, but that's not necessarily her COD. I guess time will tell.

My fear is, as time marches on, the elusive FH may be either dead, or at a minimum, prove more difficult to track down and capture.

According to news reports, FH was held on a 48-hour extension in Birmingham City Jail beginning Saturday, December 28, 2019, on suspicion of Kidnapping. The legal definition of Kidnapping can essentially be as simple as "holding" somebody and I'm sure investigators used PH's midnight text that she didn't know who she was with, never returning to the TRB, not collecting her car, and not in contact with family as suspicious. It's reasonable to suspect somebody was held if they don't show up or call when they are supposed to be elsewhere and no explanation why they are not present.

Since PH's remains were still undiscovered beginning Dec 28 - and the clock ticking -- it's no surprise FH was released. The general rule is that you are entitled to be in front of a judge within 36 hours for probable cause hearing and we know investigators were working hard since they were granted an extension to hold FH an additional 12 hours.

Regarding the cause of death -- I believe we can rule out suffocation, strangulation, stabbing, and gunshot since each of these will result in visible trauma to the body. I'd go so far as to say that there were probably no defensive wounds on PH body either. There can actually be a lot of information presented in a preliminary autopsy report and the toxicology results will serve to be more precise and corroborate the preliminary report.

MOO

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

Downtown Birmingham is where all of the young professionals go after work, as this is where the entertainment districts are located. The major hospitals, law firms, and large companies are all downtown, and downtown is one of the safest areas to be. Condos, lofts, bars, restaurants, and new businesses are opening constantly downtown. Most people aren’t driving out to a suburb to get together.

Especially the Lakeview district of Birmingham. This is absolutely where I hang out in Birmingham with my friends.

I’ve kind of wondered why he wasn’t kept under surveillance, but maybe a resource issue.

Thinking more about this, remind me to reply to this post in 6 months. :) Seriously.

And that’s all I have to say about that, in order to protect the integrity of the investigation, of which I know absolutely nothing about haha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member