AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

I've thought about it more than I really wanted to, and I think you may be correct about this. Another consideration is the likelihood that he was never arrested at all, so simply detaining him for questioning happens at city jail, v. county (where folks go who are arrested, charged and awaiting trial).

All of that aside, I do agree with you as well about how it didn't really play out in the beginning like your typical missing person's case. Without coming right out and accusing anyone of anything, I do think it's possible that LE weren't convinced about the stories being told about what really happened that night, from those who were there.

moo

I've seen nothing in msm that would suggest that the coworkers story wasn't correct. I see you mentioned stories & those that were there. Do you believe PH was seen with FH @ the TR by the coworker? By stories do you mean more than 1 by the coworker? Somebody saw him there & if it didn't come from the coworker, LE wouldn't be looking for a heavy black male.

I've seen nothing in msm that would suggest that the coworkers story wasn't correct. I see you mentioned stories & those that were there. Do you believe PH was seen with FH @ the TR by the coworker? By stories do you mean more than 1 by the coworker? Somebody saw him there & if it didn't come from the coworker, LE wouldn't be looking for a heavy black male.

I suspect, based on how it usually works with more than one eye witness, there were conflicting stories from those she was there with. No MSM for this, just a suspicion based on past cases. I do believe PH was seen there with FH, but I have no idea who actually identified him to LE. As far as I've been able to gather, LE were never looking for 2 heavy set black males, since they stated they reviewed the surveillance footage and found nothing useful. They certainly never put a plea out to the public about what these men looked like, or what they were wearing, or even a composite sketch or anything. I think they tossed that out the window almost immediately. FH (from his warrant status Jefferson County Sheriff's Office OffenderWatch® sex offender management, mapping and email alert program) is 5'11" and 180 pounds. Not even close to being "heavy-set".

I suspect, based on how it usually works with more than one eye witness, there were conflicting stories from those she was there with. No MSM for this, just a suspicion based on past cases. I do believe PH was seen there with FH, but I have no idea who actually identified him to LE. As far as I've been able to gather, LE were never looking for 2 heavy set black males, since they stated they reviewed the surveillance footage and found nothing useful. They certainly never put a plea out to the public about what these men looked like, or what they were wearing, or even a composite sketch or anything. I think they tossed that out the window almost immediately. FH (from his warrant status Jefferson County Sheriff's Office OffenderWatch® sex offender management, mapping and email alert program) is 5'11" and 180 pounds. Not even close to being "heavy-set".
I still have the feeling that law enforcement quickly identified and cleared at least one of the "heavy set black males". It wouldn't surprise me one little bit if that's who specifically identified Fred either. He's probably known in the black community and law abiding members aren't trying to appear complicit for one second.

FH (from his warrant status Jefferson County Sheriff's Office OffenderWatch® sex offender management, mapping and email alert program) is 5'11" and 180 pounds. Not even close to being "heavy-set".
RSBM

Crime Stoppers did list his weight at 220 Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama

Does one ago by the official State of Alabama Sex Offender registry details or the Crime Stoppers alert that has been circulated?:mad::confused:

At least we have one identified suspect that hopefully will be arrested soon.

RSBM

Does one ago by the official State of Alabama Sex Offender registry details or the Crime Stoppers alert that has been circulated?:mad::confused:

You beat me to it. I think the 180# was his weight when he was arrested for the sex crime. jmo

You beat me to it. I think the 180# was his weight when he was arrested for the sex crime. jmo
ETA: edited for clarity: response is in regards to the weight discrepancy of 180 SO registry 220 Crime Stoppers

I am really not sure about that. SO's are required to report in person yearly. I don't know enough about the process to understand to what extent physical traits are documented. Do they check you for new tattoos? Weigh you? They do update your picture. I like the States that have every picture of the SO on file for the public. I think my state does that. You can visibly see the changes over time and some make you wonder if they are deliberately trying to change appearance.

ETA: Each year, during the offender's birth month and every three months thereafter, the offender must report in person to local law enforcement for registration. The local law enforcement agency submits the completed registration information to ALEA for verification along with a current photograph and fingerprints.

Last edited:
In the interview that the DA gave (in studio) she did discuss this.
I'm going off of memory but she stated that they received the witness/es account of the 2 large back men but went on to clarify that it is very hard to see details across a crowded room so they actually aren't sure about the exact appearance of or who she left TR with.

RSBM

Okay, 5'11" and 220 may or may not qualify for "heavy-set" I guess. Hard to tell, depends on if he works out, how he carries his weight, etc. Either way, LE still stated they found nothing useful on surveillance so it's hard to know what to believe when it comes to this case.

Okay, 5'11" and 220 may or may not qualify for "heavy-set" I guess. Hard to tell, depends on if he works out, how he carries his weight, etc. Either way, LE still stated they found nothing useful on surveillance so it's hard to know what to believe when it comes to this case.
Agree with everything above. My post was just pointing out the discrepancy.
You would think it would be consistent on both sites. LE surely feeds Crime Stoppers the info.
Upthread I know you or someone said weight is subjective. I agree I only know when I am heavyset.;)

My doctor sends me a report after my yearly wellness visit. I'm 5' 9 1/2" 208#. He lists me as obese. You guys are the only ones that know. My wife doesn't need any more fuel.

Yes I just finished sleuthing that cereal killer.
Link attached :)
What an alias....it did make Hampton's 6-7 SM pages easy to find.
sugar snaps cereal diggum frog - Bing images
69d0dc2075342c946dcd2d8e22502fae.png

- Le remarked, "this case is complicated.
- Kidnapping suspect is not tagged by police and watched, this is odd
- they certainly keep eye on dangerous suspected kidnappers even without evidence, as they did in Atlanta, with i believe his name was Wayne, a kid predator suspect, before arrested.
- LE extremely careful with FH, kids gloves
- Maybe FH is a deep, very deep, undercover agent
- These guys have rap sheets, entire fake very well and elaborated second personas, made to seem legit, for the bad people they run with may look into them.
- they seemed somber and concerned for FH, I would have thought they were looking for one of their own.
- the kidnapping may have been another case he was undercover
- they are not going to id the guy and call him out
jmo...and another possibility, since the case seems coldish
- perhaps he was figured or found out and killed..

edit to add: if daily mail hasn't found the guy to place 17 or more 10x10 photos of the him for their rag piece, it makes me suspicious.....lol...no doubt!

Last edited:
Will we ever know if there was a second HSBM? Or was he a ghost, fantasy, figment of the imagination? And if he exists, who is he, where is he? IMO
Eventually we will find out the entire story. I personally have my doubts that PH was ever at Tin Roof, which would indicate that the story was fictional. I do believe that the friends account of seeing her with the black men was an attempt to implicate FH even further if LE were to catch on.

Will we ever know if there was a second HSBM? Or was he a ghost, fantasy, figment of the imagination? And if he exists, who is he, where is he? IMO

If the people PH left with were no longer with her when she became "in trouble" and eventually died, I don't think we will - or need to - know who they are. LE should have no reason to disclose names of innocent parties who've managed to so far escape the brutal social media mob. I hope anyone not involved in her death can be spared that. MOO

As I look back on this, the only conclusion I can come up with is that LE never fully believed what P's co-workers were telling them, or they simply couldn't verify that information. I suspect that there are a number of people that know every detail of what happened. Somebody called the tip about the location of the body to crime stoppers. To me that suggests that someone involved in this, and I don't know to what extent, told someone else, and that person called the tip. I think it is quite improbable that FH acted alone and blabbed about it. Had to be someone else, someone that felt they were not connected to this at all.
SBM

A couple thoughts:
  • I agree it's possible LE didn't believe the story co-worker gave to PH's mother the morning of. I think it's possible co-worker tried to cover for PH to her family early on; I think it's highly likely info given by co-worker to PH's mother morphed as it was interpreted, repeated and pass along. BUT I don't see any indication that co-worker(s) has/have given dishonest or misleading TO LE.
  • To me, the short time frame in finding the victim & naming a suspect indicate that the parties cooperated with LE, saving wasted time in running down false leads, disproving alibis, etc.
Always fascinating to see how differently we all interpret the same info!
MOO.

Just a theory/speculation but do you think the 2nd HSBM was the one who called in the tip to crime stoppers about PH location and possibly put all the blame on FH?
I wonder about this as we never hear of this 2nd HSBM..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903
Back