AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

Jo in Calif

Reaction score
BREAKING: – Updated – Trussville woman missing after leaving Birmingham bar

“Paighton Houston was last seen at approximately 10:45 p.m. at the Tin Roof located in the 2700 block of 7th Avenue South,” Sgt. Johnny Williams said. “She was last seen leaving the location with two heavy set black males. It was reported that Paighton appeared to have left the location willingly with the two males.”

Paighton Houston sent a text message to a friend just after midnight on Friday stating, “idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.” Her mother said her bank account had not been accessed since Friday.

THREAD #1
THREAD #2

THREAD #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Last edited by a moderator:
Read The Rules.

A major clean up of almost 70 posts was required just from this morning's discussion. Thank you to all who alerted to them. If we've missed any, kindly Report.

Discussing social media posts is absolutely off limits unless it is the victim's account, the POI/suspect's account, MSM or LE, or an official Missing Person account (i.e. known to be run by family or one that has been specifically approved by Tricia as advised by her or by Mods/Admins).

Introducing or discussing race and/or orientation is off limits.

Discussing moderation on thread is off limits, as is challenging or dissing Websleuths rules that have existed long before most members in this thread. Such violations are subject to an automatic TO or permanent ban.

All the above violations are referenced in The Rules, and all members are expected to know those rules and post in accordance with them.

If members find they just can't post in accordance with WS rules, there are other sites that may be more to their liking. However, if members wish to continue contributing to this discussion, all are required to post in accordance with The Rules or face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Last edited:
Well, with that said, we have beat this case like Pavlov's dog so until more information is available, we simply don't have much sleuthing left to do here. Correct me please if I am wrong, but LE is so tight-lipped about this as are all other MSM that about all we know for sure is she was alive, she was last reported to be at Tin Roof, she left, she sent a text, she died, she was buried, we know where she was buried, and a POI has been charged with a class C charge. Bout it.

To address some questions regarding discussion of race. It is only allowed in relation to the physical description of the POI/suspect and that PH possibly left with "two black males".

IOW, querying why PH might leave with FH, leave skin color out of it. When discussing bars, they are simply bars regardless of the color of their primary clientele.

If there are other questions in that regard, please address them through private message rather than on the thread.

giphy.gif

and don't even dream of commenting on my green emoji :D

I was writing off of a post @rickcross wrote before the new thread. I took the initials out just in case and replaced it with "friend."

I agree, I went back and listened again to Paighton's close friend read that letter to everyone that attended Paighton's funeral.

Her friend said part of her Christmas gifts from Paighton every year is a hand written letter. She said she celebrated Christmas on Dec. 14th with Paighton and her family exchanging gifts, a week before Paighton went missing.

Parts of the letter in Paighton's words:

"Let's be honest, who would have thought after being through so much together, we would be even closer than before. This past year, or two years now, have probably been some of the best years of my life.

Spending almost every weekend, hanging out, just being us, doing whatever spontaneous thing we come up with for the day. This past year taking all the trips we did, from hiking in Tennessee, seeing the waterfalls, almost dying from the heat of the ? of Savannah. Just chill'in and hanging out by the pool.

We really have made so many memories just to add to the many memories we've already had. I never thought it could come so good again.

You have always stuck by my side, even when there were times I did not deserve you. You stuck with me and look how everything turned out."

To me the letter says Paighton was doing well, moved on, her last two years were Good. She was not focused on drugs, spending every weekend with her friend keeping busy. I would be surprised if she gave in and took something. Need that toxicology report.

Mark 30:25)

I was writing off of a post @rickcross wrote before the new thread. I took the initials out just in case and replaced it with "friend."

I agree, I went back and listened again to Paighton's close friend read that letter to everyone that attended Paighton's funeral.

Her friend said part of her Christmas gifts from Paighton every year is a hand written letter. She said she celebrated Christmas on Dec. 14th with Paighton and her family exchanging gifts, a week before Paighton went missing.

Parts of the letter in Paighton's words:

"Let's be honest, who would have thought after being through so much together, we would be even closer than before. This past year, or two years now, have probably been some of the best years of my life.

Spending almost every weekend, hanging out, just being us, doing whatever spontaneous thing we come up with for the day. This past year taking all the trips we did, from hiking in Tennessee, seeing the waterfalls, almost dying from the heat of the ? of Savannah. Just chill'in and hanging out by the pool.

We really have made so many memories just to add to the many memories we've already had. I never thought it could come so good again.

You have always stuck by my side, even when there were times I did not deserve you. You stuck with me and look how everything turned out."

To me the letter says Paighton was doing well, moved on, her last two years were Good. She was not focused on drugs, spending every weekend with her friend keeping busy. I would be surprised if she gave in and took something. Need that toxicology report.

Mark 30:25)

I commented earlier that I was glad the annual letter to PH's friend Bug brought comfort to her family. PH describes how the past year (or 2 years) had been the
the best year of her life -- seemingly packed with weekend trips and keeping active.

I also see gratitude and reflection of somebody that perhaps didn't necessarily expect to see and do so much last year (or ever again).

Just the same, anybody that's ever dealt with addiction knows that staying clean truly requires staying free of your triggers-- whether it be environment, people, or other.

I think police know what happened, there is no mystery, and just waiting for formal, final test results.

Wishing continued comfort and peace for her family, friends, and community.

MOO

Last edited:
Impatiently waiting for that tox report to come in, and for them to locate FH. Once those things happen, I think we'll (possibly) get some answers, and see some movement on this case. Most importantly, justice for Paighton.

I decided to go here Jefferson County Sheriff's Office OffenderWatch® sex offender management, mapping and email alert program and register to be notified of any change to FH's status, and noticed a couple of things that I hadn't noticed before.

1. The very same day the warrant for his arrest was issued, 01/17, was the very same day he was convicted of 1st degree rape, 28 years ago. Clearly, January is not his month.
2. Under the "warrants" tab, directly below the date, it states "change in employment status". We already knew he was charged with abuse of a corpse and with violating the sex offender notification act, so that seems to answer how he violated it. (I don't recall ever seeing this before, or any discussion of it - anyone else?) Obviously he was working somewhere (or at least said he was) and as of 01/17 when the warrant was issued, was no longer working there and clearly didn't notify his parole officer/the court of this.

Just to be sure I was reading that correctly, I looked at some of the other non-compliant offenders with active warrants, and sure enough it states on each of them, directly under the date of the warrant, the reason for it. Now I really want to know where he was working. Even if it was only on paper.

@Seattle1 From thread #5 my question was how long was she an addict? You replied
"PH was a heroin addict. She entered a treatment center near death in 2018. Her parents were told to prepare for the worse. PH did a testimonial for the treatment center that was linked here since the beginning of the case." I'm guessing the answer to how long she had been using isn't out there?

@Seattle1 From thread #5 my question was how long was she an addict? You replied
"PH was a heroin addict. She entered a treatment center near death in 2018. Her parents were told to prepare for the worse. PH did a testimonial for the treatment center that was linked here since the beginning of the case." I'm guessing the answer to how long she had been using isn't out there?

Correct.

ETA: In addition to the print testament for the treatment center -- I recall there was also a video. PH may have given more insight to her battle and or length of addiction there but I did not watch it.

Link from thread #1

https://christhealthcenter.org/dnld/p75762c9126cf3a6b70/Year/

Last edited:
I'm recalling a case from last year in Ohio where a young boy died from fentanyl while working at his afterschool job on a dairy farm. The victim was also recovered a week after reported missing -- buried in a shallow grave on the farm property.

Although there was an obvious suspect to sleuths, his ultimate arrest was delayed for months. It's been suspected that investigators purposely delayed his arrest as they wanted to watch him to possibly glean information on the bigger fish.

I don't think we know what FH has been doing since his release from prison but I believe there could be cooperating police informants that know much more about FH than we do. I think the reporter that asked the Chief (at the presser) about Georgia was confirming chatter she was gathering from her own sources. I could be wrong but I get the feeling that LE has some clue about FH's movements.

MOO

Last edited:
Just prior to the cleanup notice I was in the middle of posting a question in response to one of the many post pushing out info direct from FB. If anything on there was verifiable other than opinion driven by emotion, then why keep coming here when they already have all the answers and are confident in there origins? I like verifiable facts. I don’t always like what turns out to be the truth, but I prefer it whatever the case to rumor.

Just prior to the cleanup notice I was in the middle of posting a question in response to one of the many post pushing out info direct from FB. If anything on there was verifiable other than opinion driven by emotion, then why keep coming here when they already have all the answers and are confident in there origins? I like verifiable facts. I don’t always like what turns out to be the truth, but I prefer it whatever the case to rumor.
Why do you?

Why do you?

I like the rules and respectful conversation. I also don’t have Facebook because it doesn’t make sense to me. I have life long friends who I invite for barbecue, over for holidays and some who live all over who we talk to on the phone. I’ve never been interested in knowing everyone’s every move nor them mine.

I decided to go here Jefferson County Sheriff's Office OffenderWatch® sex offender management, mapping and email alert program and register to be notified of any change to FH's status, and noticed a couple of things that I hadn't noticed before.

1. The very same day the warrant for his arrest was issued, 01/17, was the very same day he was convicted of 1st degree rape, 28 years ago. Clearly, January is not his month.
2. Under the "warrants" tab, directly below the date, it states "change in employment status". We already knew he was charged with abuse of a corpse and with violating the sex offender notification act, so that seems to answer how he violated it. (I don't recall ever seeing this before, or any discussion of it - anyone else?) Obviously he was working somewhere (or at least said he was) and as of 01/17 when the warrant was issued, was no longer working there and clearly didn't notify his parole officer/the court of this.

Just to be sure I was reading that correctly, I looked at some of the other non-compliant offenders with active warrants, and sure enough it states on each of them, directly under the date of the warrant, the reason for it. Now I really want to know where he was working. Even if it was only on paper.
I posted the reason for the violation upthread but there has been no discussion. It piqued my interest as well.

I thought the violation would be for "being on the run" or not listing his correct home address as his listed address clearly is not on McClain (assumption on my part that is where he lived) BUT this was stated at presser:

The deputy chief said Hampton was in compliance with his requirements as a sex offender prior to Houston’s disappearance and subsequent death

“After this offense, he did commit an offense which violated the Sex Offender Notification Act,” Agee said​
Agee did not specify what that violation was.​

So IF employed he stopped showing up to work the 20th.

So my big question is: Were they mistaken when they said that? They brought him in on the 28th so it would seem that would be the easiest reason to bring him in and hold him but they brought him in for the much bigger charge. Not knowing the non-compliance rules maybe there is a certain amount of leeway? What jobs can an SO have? I know it is hard for any felon to get one. I might be confusing myself or making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

ETA: link to quote above
Paighton Houston case: Registered sex offender sought for burying missing woman in shallow grave

I posted the reason for the violation upthread but there has been no discussion. It piqued my interest as well.

I thought the violation would be for "being on the run" or not listing his correct home address as his listed address clearly is not on McClain (assumption on my part that is where he lived) BUT this was stated at presser:

The deputy chief said Hampton was in compliance with his requirements as a sex offender prior to Houston’s disappearance and subsequent death

“After this offense, he did commit an offense which violated the Sex Offender Notification Act,” Agee said​
Agee did not specify what that violation was.​

So IF employed he stopped showing up to work the 20th.

So my big question is: Were they mistaken when they said that? They brought him in on the 28th so it would seem that would be the easiest reason to bring him in and hold him but they brought him in for the much bigger charge. Not knowing the non-compliance rules maybe there is a certain amount of leeway? What jobs can an SO have? I know it is hard for any felon to get one. I might be confusing myself or making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

ETA: link to quote above
Paighton Houston case: Registered sex offender sought for burying missing woman in shallow grave

I thought perhaps the offense was that he moved and didn't let authorities know his new address.

I've suspected (right or wrong) that perhaps the reason no one wants to talk is because someone involved is on probation and afraid of being sent back to prison. IIRC, FH is no longer on probation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back