Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo in Calif

Reaction score
https://www.trussvilletribune.com/2...e-woman-missing-after-leaving-birmingham-bar/

“Paighton Houston was last seen at approximately 10:45 p.m. at the Tin Roof located in the 2700 block of 7th Avenue South,” Sgt. Johnny Williams said. “She was last seen leaving the location with two heavy set black males. It was reported that Paighton appeared to have left the location willingly with the two males.”

Paighton Houston sent a text message to a friend just after midnight on Friday stating, “idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.” Her mother said her bank account had not been accessed since Friday.

Thanks for posting this! WS is always on top of everything! Unfortunately, this is yet another case I have personal ties to. This is my Dad’s best friend’s niece.

I live with my Dad & he talks to his BFF on speakerphone 24/7 (so it feels like he’s in the house with us at times). The family is struggling right now & asking everyone for prayers. Such a horrible thing to be going through anytime, but definitely not how anyone imagines spending their Christmas.

ETA: IMO

Bank account has not been used. Do they mean credit card or ATM use? Either one might be a good thing. Since went with the 2 men willingly, I'm not too concerned.

Paighton Houston sent a text message to a friend just after midnight on Friday stating, “idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”

Whether or not she initially went “willingly” with these two men, I can’t imagine anyone close to her remaining unconcerned after receiving the message quoted above!

MOO

If she had not sent the message, would there still be the concern? She is an adult. Going AWOL for a weekend is not unheard of.

But if she sent the text message shouldn’t there be concern?
She is 29. Not 16. If she had a history of any type of similar behavior, I seriously doubt her loved ones would be freaking out to this extent. Add to it the extremely disturbing text quoted above, and yeah, there is cause for concern. Big time. JMO.

I wonder how sure they are that she left willingly. There are a lot of ways to coerce a person that don't show on video.
Exactly. And we don’t know if she may have been tipsy which could have caused a lapse in judgment. She may not have initially sensed any danger but quickly realized she was in a bad situation after it was too late to escape it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie