UNSOLVED AL - Russell Co, (Ghost?) Child, >10, Bones Found in Mobile Home Floor, Oct'04

I was just thinking the same thing. Since we know this MH has been moved, we know it should have been registered with the MVD. (To make it into real property would require a permanent foundation and permanent attachment, and approval by the County Assessor, and this does not sound like the case.) It seems the thing to do would be to track the location(s) of the MH with the MVD and see if there was anyone missing from those areas. There should be transfers of the Title and Bills of Sale along the way. This probably would have been done, otherwise the grandparents wouldn't legally own it, and they could not have transported it on the highway when they purchased it. But surely the police know this!

This is what I think happened; someone prior to this young ladies grandparents buying this mobile home had it put on their property at which point it became real estate and the State takes up the title..it is no more. I know of this happening where a guy resold a mobile home when he had a house built and there wasn't a title... so it was sold with a "bill of sale." That just shows ownership to anyone who comes knocking. Since it was placed on private owned land it would have been added to the land tax on reassessment just as any outbuilding such as a barn is added. No, they do not have to have tiles and recorded transfers to move them. The department of motor vehicles only keeps up with the ones tags are bought for. It's just like buying a regular house and having a moving company put it in. There is no registration there. As far as requirements of how they are set up the law has required (since the 80's) that they be anchored wherever it's set up.
Hope this helps. It's tricky to understand sometimes because in the case of the guy mentioned above the buyer insisted on title which the seller hired an attorney to find and he didn't know where to look. No title could be produced. Because of all the complications of closing a mobile home most title closing attorneys will not close them anymore.

Where the trailer was manufactured would be a point of interest. If it were the original floor, there is a possibility she was put in, at the time the trailer was being constructed, I would start at the point of origin. Many materials, plywood, tile, linoleum are manufacturer specific and have the names on the back. Newer trailers have insulation and plastic sheeting. Older trailers had weatherboard, on the underside of the trailer.

I definitely believe in ghosts/spirits, etc., whether that is what she saw, who knows. Although, that's a huge story to just make up. I mean as a child you make up stories at times, but that is a heck of a story. What would prompt a story like this? How would a 10 year old little girl even know to think of something like this? When I was 10, something like this would have never even entered my mind. For that reason I tend to lean toward her telling the truth. I wish the little girl would join us here to discuss this when she turns 18.

You would think it would be hard to have a child just go missing and noone notice or report it, but it happens all the time.

So this little dead girl was able to relay the details of her death, dismemberment and disposal at the hands of the masked killer yet she can't provide her own name?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

No offense intended but it seems rather dubious to me.

Spirits do not always remember meaningless details like Earthly names.

When they found the pelvic and leg bones did they have any cut marks to indicate a dismemberment?

Has anyone contacted the local LE and asked the current disposition of the bones and the case? We could possibly get enough info to get the case into a database.

I'd say consulting a zoologist might be helpful in solidly identifying what kind of animal would drag large bones into its den. I'm sure some University professor somewhere wouldn't mind sparing the time for a phone call.

Also, if animals are responsible, the bones could've come from an old grave, so searching solved crimes might help, too.

The only decent-sized town in Russell County is Phenix City, in the NE part of the county. So I just assume (since a town's name wasn't mentioned) that the trailer was in a rural area. I live in a rural area and the countryside is dotted with tiny old family cemeteries. Some of them are kept up, but many have deteriorated to the point that you might not even know they were cemeteries (headstones gone or broken up).
Could something have gotten bones from such a place and brought them under the trailer?

I cannot see any MSM indicating these bones were ID, nor do they seem to be in Namus.

In summary, seeking to ID a child less than 10yo who had been dead at least 10 years when the bones were found in 2004. And the trailer had been moved ‘several times’ between GA and AL.

I cannot see any MSM indicating these bones were ID, nor do they seem to be in Namus.

In summary, seeking to ID a child less than 10yo who had been dead at least 10 years when the bones were found in 2004. And the trailer had been moved ‘several times’ between GA and AL.

...and she might be a ghost. :D

I definitely believe in ghosts/spirits, etc., whether that is what she saw, who knows. Although, that's a huge story to just make up. I mean as a child you make up stories at times, but that is a heck of a story. What would prompt a story like this? How would a 10 year old little girl even know to think of something like this? When I was 10, something like this would have never even entered my mind. For that reason I tend to lean toward her telling the truth. I wish the little girl would join us here to discuss this when she turns 18.

You would think it would be hard to have a child just go missing and noone notice or report it, but it happens all the time.

Children actually have extremely disturbing imaginations.

I watched an excellent video on the Satanic Panic and how a lot of it came about. Basically, one little boy had trouble pooping and his parents went the the police thinking it was molestation. When the kids where interviewed with a little bit of lead on, the started talking about dungeons, witches, hot air balloons, and all kinds of ritualistic burning deaths that resulted in cannibalism. Initially, all the kids denied anything off happening, but felt inclined to make up stories as the psychologists pressed into them.

There was a series of doctors during that time too that had toys for the kids to re-enact things with, and she had a blender in the toys mix. Nearly all of the kids described horrible deaths to the human/animal objects involving the blender.

This was all kids under 10.

I live in a MH in AL. While our home sits permanently on our land with the axles removed, we pay property taxes annually like a site built home . The tax assessor mails us an annual decal that must be displayed on the home( I hide mine behind a bush, they look tacky) . But unlike a site Built home, we also have a title to our house just like a vehicle title. I stated all that to say, if this situation is real, it should be fairly easy to find out who all the previous owners of the home are by researching the title.

This is so, so weird.
Why isn't this case in NamUs? Was it resolved and no media reported on it?

IMO, I feel like these might be bones that were dug up from an old cemetery by an animal and carried under the mobile home by said animal. Either a rodent, or something larger carried them there and rodents chewed on the bones after the fact. I wouldn't be surprised if they're a lot older than 10 years, since PMIs from older bones have been waaaay off before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back