GUILTY AL - Savannah Hardin, 9, forced to run til she died, Etowah Co., 17 Feb 2012

Etowah County Sheriff's investigators say the girl got some chocolate on the school bus she wasn't supposed to have Friday.

--------------------------------

Her father, who was working overseas,
flew home as soon as he found out that his daughter was in the hospital.

-------------------------------

Jessica Hardin and her husband's 3-year-old son is in the father's custody.

http://m.waff.com/autojuice?targetU...ndmother-charged-with-9-year-old-girls-murder

I wonder if the father will get the new baby as well?? (If the 3 year old and the baby have the same father.)

RIP Sweet Savannah!

This just makes me sick! I was born and raised in Etowah Co. and have friends & relatives who live in this Carlisle area so there is bound to be 6 degrees of separation there somewhere. I'll check my FB and contact some family members to see if I can get more info.

Here is a link to today's story in 'The Gadsden Times'.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20120222/NEWS/120229956/1016/NEWS?p=1&tc=pg

The Department of Human Resources has been contacted to determine a safety plan because of the Hardins’ 3-year-old boy, who also lives at the home, and the newborn.

Court records show Savannah’s father filed a complaint in a divorce case in July 2010 after he believed his son had ingested a possible poisonous substance while in the care of his mother, Jessica Hardin. The child was flown to Children’s Hospital because of the illness. He recovered.

However, the divorce case between the Hardins was dismissed in an agreement in January 2011.

Another failure to protect our children, IMPO.

wm

Etowah County Sheriff's investigators say the girl got some chocolate on the school bus she wasn't supposed to have Friday.

--------------------------------

Her father, who was working overseas,
flew home as soon as he found out that his daughter was in the hospital.

-------------------------------

Jessica Hardin and her husband's 3-year-old son is in the father's custody.

http://m.waff.com/autojuice?targetU...ndmother-charged-with-9-year-old-girls-murder

I wonder if the father will get the new baby as well?? (If the 3 year old and the baby have the same father.)

The 3 year old is his. I'm assuming the newborn is too.

Who knows.

How terrible. What monsters!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/22/justice/alabama-girl-murder-charge/index.html

Can they add a charge of torture for this? Three hours without water? First making a kid run around the house as punishment is odd, second more than 5 minutes for a kid that age is cruel, third the whole thing is extremely stupid.

Just out of curiousity, how would the people on this board with children have punished this child?

I don't have kids, but if there was a desert with dinner that night I wouldn't give her any or grounded for a day depending on the reason why she wasn't allowed to have candy.

Can they add a charge of torture for this? Three hours without water? First making a kid run around the house as punishment is odd, second more than 5 minutes for a kid that age is cruel, third the whole thing is extremely stupid.

Just out of curiousity, how would the people on this board with children have punished this child?

I don't have kids, but if there was a desert with dinner that night I wouldn't give her any or grounded for a day depending on the reason why she wasn't allowed to have candy.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that there is a medical reason she should not have chocolate. I don't remember why. I'll try to find it.

As a "softball mom" my daughter has been made to run for errors or laziness on the field. So, I can't say running as "punishment" is unheard of for me. But running kinda goes with softball so the "punishment" fits the "crime" so to speak.
BUT, it's normally around the bases or to the fence and back.
NEVER for long periods of time and certainly NEVER while withholding water.
These people are evil.

I think I would have had a sit down conversation with my child about WHY she should not eat chocolate and WHY lies are unacceptable. Perhaps take something she loved away for a day or two.
But running??? I don't get it.
Not for eating candy on a bus. It doesn't fit at all.

I wouldn't have, It's just a chocolate bar. That's what kids do.

The monsters that forced that sweet girl to run to her death should receive the same punishment. They don't deserve to live.

Poor Savannah :( If only she had asked a neighbour for help. She must have been terrified of her grandmother and stepmother.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that there is a medical reason she should not have chocolate. I don't remember why. I'll try to find it.

As a "softball mom" my daughter has been made to run for errors or laziness on the field. So, I can't say running as "punishment" is unheard of for me. But running kinda goes with softball so the "punishment" fits the "crime" so to speak.
These people are evil.

I think I would have had a sit down conversation with my child about WHY she should not eat chocolate and WHY lies are unacceptable. Perhaps take something she loved away for a day or two.

(bbm)
It's part of a mentality that I won't name here.

I personally don't understand why she shouldn't eat chocolate. Most children like candy.
So why exactly eating chocolate would require any sort of punishment is beyond my understanding.

If my kid had done this the most that would have happened would have been a sitdown talk about why we have rules like this followed by an evening with no TV. What on earth possessed these women?

But then I studied their photos. Both appear flat and emotionless, almost as if they'd been arrested for littering.

These people are evil.

Some professional football teams will make players run as punishment for various infractions during TC or practice. However, that's sports related and running actually improves the strength and stamina of an athlete. So you're punishing them, but also getting some benefit to the athlete for it. JMO

I personally don't understand why she shouldn't eat chocolate. Most children like candy.
So why exactly eating chocolate would require any sort of punishment is beyond my understanding.

Like I said in the post you quoted, I read somewhere she was not supposed to have chocolate because of a medical reason. I don't remember where I read it and I don't remember what the condition was.

I'll try to find the info.

Some professional football teams will make players run as punishment for various infractions during TC or practice. However, that's sports related and running actually improves the strength and stamina of an athlete. So you're punishing them, but also getting some benefit to the athlete for it. JMO

Right! Exactly what I was trying to say.
Lol
Same with softball.

Like I said in the post you quoted, I read somewhere she was not supposed to have chocolate because of a medical reason. I don't remember where I read it and I don't remember what the condition was.

I'll try to find the info.

A supposed bladder condition, but apparently there is no medical evidence she had any such condition.

"Deputy District Attorney Carol Griffith says the two women told investigators that Savannah had a bladder condition that could be worsened by eating chocolate. Griffith says there is no medical evidence of that."
http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Etowah-Co-Child-Death/dpMdE2T7P021Vt8Ym-j8ig.cspx

A supposed bladder condition, but apparently there is no medical evidence she had any such condition.

"Deputy District Attorney Carol Griffith says the two women told investigators that Savannah had a bladder condition that could be worsened by eating chocolate. Griffith says there is no medical evidence of that."
http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Etowah-Co-Child-Death/dpMdE2T7P021Vt8Ym-j8ig.cspx

Right. There is no evidence of that. But that's the excuse they gave.

In other words, that's what they told Savannah so that she couldn't have any candy. Did they think the medical profession was going to buy into their BS? Gah!

In other words, that's what they told Savannah so that she couldn't have any candy. Did they think the medical profession was going to buy into their BS? Gah!

I don't know if the told Savannah that or not. It was reported they told investigators that.

But, after a google search, it seems chocolate can worsen bladder conditions.

I'm not sure if they made this up or if it's real. Just pointing out that it can happen.

Not that it really matters in this case. No matter if there was a bladder condition or not, they killed Savannah.

But, after a google search, it seems chocolate can worsen bladder conditions.

I'm not sure if they made this up or if it's real. Just pointing out that it can happen.

Not that it really matters in this case. No matter if there was a bladder condition or not, they killed Savannah.

Exactly, Kimberly. They killed that beautiful little girl. :mad:

What could possibly be the reasoning behind punishing a child for doing something supposedly unhealthy by forcing them to do something far more dangerous than the original "offense"? That's not about protecting a child's health - that's all about control. How dare those two try and use that as a defense for their despicable actions.

One more thing - if Dad knew his soon-to-be ex was a danger to their baby, then WHY would he leave his precious daughter in her custody??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back