AL AL - Sherry Milton, 26, Tuscaloosa, 14 Aug 2005

I think about Sherry too and wonder when we are ever going to hear anything about her. I still wonder about the story that her friend told and wonder if that was the real story. For Sherry's family's sake I hope this case is resolved one day.

I haven't forgotten Sherry and wonder what happened to her. I wonder if there were any fingerprints in or on her car? Are they still investigating her being missing or is her case a cold case now? I hope Sherry is found and that this case is resolved. Is there a reward for her?

Fingerprints on the car, they named a POI, what's it gonna take? the perp to do something else? I am disappointed in the progress of this one. I don't understand why they have just filed it on the backlog. Prayers for the people who love Sherry. Especially her son!

TWO YEARS AGO...... Precious son left wondering.....
YET nothing...even though BPD says they are looking for a POI?????

Here's another article about Sherry:

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/05/update_dig_ends_for_day_cadave.html

There's also a map and address of the house included.

I am still totally confused as to what happened to her that night. I think that her friend knows more than she is saying. She lied to police, IMO. When you lie, you are hiding something.

I hope that they find Sherry there. I agree that her friend knows more then she told LE. If this is true...I hope that supposed friend has trouble sleeping at night. I never did understand why she called someone to come after her leaving Sherry to find her way home alone. I wonder who that house belongs to.

I wonder if Sherry didn't get lost and just rolled her window down to ask someone directions and something happened to her. From what I remember the area she was in wasn't a good area.

I was just thinking of Sherry and planned on bumping her thread. I'm glad to see that at least "something" is going on in the search for her. Her poor family (and especially her son) need closure!

Sherry you have not been forgotten and I think it is terrible how this case has been worked.

This is the most bizarre story. I'm not sure why it doesn't seem like the raked the friend over the coals!! There was no reason to lie from the very beginning. Not sure how I never heard this story before, sure is interesting.

Son looking for answers 13 years after mother Sherry Milton disappeared from Alabama

According to Michael, the Chilton County Sheriff's Office would later tell him that Sherry and her friend had gotten into a fight on the car ride heading back to Tuscaloosa. Michael says authorities told him the two stopped at a gas station in Ensley, a neighborhood in Birmingham, but, in the heat of the argument, the friend said Sherry drove off alone at 2:00 a.m.

According to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, Sherry’s car, a 1994 canary yellow Mustang convertible, was found just ten minutes away in Midfield, Alabama the next day. Sherry was nowhere to be found.

Chilton County Sheriff John Shearon said that police at the time searched “many places to no avail.” He did not comment further on the case, except to say it is now being handled by the Montgomery Police Department.

Son looking for answers 13 years after mother Sherry Milton disappeared from Alabama

According to Michael, the Chilton County Sheriff's Office would later tell him that Sherry and her friend had gotten into a fight on the car ride heading back to Tuscaloosa. Michael says authorities told him the two stopped at a gas station in Ensley, a neighborhood in Birmingham, but, in the heat of the argument, the friend said Sherry drove off alone at 2:00 a.m.

According to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, Sherry’s car, a 1994 canary yellow Mustang convertible, was found just ten minutes away in Midfield, Alabama the next day. Sherry was nowhere to be found.

Chilton County Sheriff John Shearon said that police at the time searched “many places to no avail.” He did not comment further on the case, except to say it is now being handled by the Montgomery Police Department.

sherry_ann_milton_3-1_7e2c368108ca97d40ded533ec3bceb00.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

3540DFAL - Sherry Ann Milton​

ALT TXT
ALT TXT
ALT TXT
ALT TXT

Images are circa 2005

Name: Sherry Ann Milton
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 15, 2005
Location Last Seen: Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: May 5, 1979
Race: White
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 138 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has a small black round scar on the bridge of her nose and one approximately 2" long on the left side of her chest; a black mole above her upper lip on the right side; a slightly crooked nose (previously fractured); a crooked upper tooth between right front tooth and right incisor; double pierced ears; and a pierced navel.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Multi-colored v-neck shirt, tan capri pants, flip-flops.
Jewelry: Gold hoop earrings, swirled blue and white curved barbell in navel.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Sherry Milton was reported missing on August 15, 2005, after she disappeared from an outing with a friend in the Birmingham, Alabama area. On August 14, she was seen at about 2 a.m. as she drove away from a gas station in the Ensley area of Birmingham.

Milton's friend has said that they were driving home on Interstate 20/59 in Milton's Ford Mustang when they exited in Ensley to get a book of matches. They stopped at an Exxon service station near the exit ramp at 19th Street and Avenue V in Ensley. Milton's friend went in to get the matches, but when she returned Milton and her automobile were gone. Two witnesses at the gas station said Milton was begging her girlfriend to get in the car, but the girlfriend was mad and had called her husband to come get her.

Milton used her cell phone twice after she disappeared from the station, calling her friend to tell her she would return. Thirty minutes after she disappeared, Milton called a friend in Montgomery and said she was lost.

According to her boyfriend, David Burt, the last message he received from Sherry was on Sunday, around 2:30 a.m. Milton called Burt's cell phone about 10 times between 2 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. while she was in Birmingham. Burt said that on the last voice mail message she left him, Milton said: "Help me, please. Where are you? ... This is unbelievable."

Her vehicle, a 1994 canary yellow Mustang convertible, was located in Midfield, Alabama but there was no trace of Sherry found. She left behind a young son, which friends say is atypical of her.''

Aug 12, 2018

Aug 14, 2018

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288