AL - Teen Kills Five Family Members, Limestone County, 3 Sept 2019 *mistrial, retrial 2023*

Wow - this one seems to need lifetime incarceration
IMO
Funny (but not funny) that’s what you get from reading reading the article.

I get this: How tragic that this boy is hurting so badly that he cannot show remorse. He can’t experience any more pain or emotion in his young life that his mind has formed this harsh and emotionless version of himself. The pain lashing out of him in acts of violence. Typical for children diagnosed with Reactive Attachment Disorder.
I hope he gets the help he needs.

"An Alabama teenager accused of killing five members of his family had previously attempted to poison his stepmother with peanut butter, a new court file reveals.

Before allegedly fatally shooting his parents and three siblings - including his infant brother - execution-style, then-14-year-old Mason Wayne Sisk had tried to poison his stepmother by putting peanut butter in her coffee, knowing she was allergic, according to authorities.

The harrowing murders allegedly ensued after Sisk, 19, found out his stepmother was not his biological mother. The September 2019 massacre rocked the small town of Elkmont.

The new filing also alleges that Sisk had been threatening towards his father and forceful with his three young half-siblings, News19 reported."

The judge also ruled that any new motions from the defense or the prosecution must be made prior to the first day of Dec. A pretrial conference will be held on Jan. 31 at 1:30 and the judge has ruled that the defendant and all counsel must be at the conference.

new trial date is set for Feb. 13 at 9 a.m

The judge also ruled that any new motions from the defense or the prosecution must be made prior to the first day of Dec. A pretrial conference will be held on Jan. 31 at 1:30 and the judge has ruled that the defendant and all counsel must be at the conference.

new trial date is set for Feb. 13 at 9 a.m

I just found this case on google-- glad there is a thread here! please tell me how a jury could not find him guilty? am I missing something. He confessed to this horrific mass murder for goodness sakes! I read where a juror would not have convicted him because he could not recall the order of who he killed first, etc. OMG- just look at him: he looks menacing. If I am missing something I would be glad to know about it, otherwise I have to think the jury in Alabama was missing a few brain cells.

I just found this case on google-- glad there is a thread here! please tell me how a jury could not find him guilty? am I missing something. He confessed to this horrific mass murder for goodness sakes! I read where a juror would not have convicted him because he could not recall the order of who he killed first, etc. OMG- just look at him: he looks menacing. If I am missing something I would be glad to know about it, otherwise I have to think the jury in Alabama was missing a few brain cells.
Alabamian, here! LOL Hello! I'm not sure if I am misunderstand your post, but he hasn't been found not guilty. This mistrial was declared due to new evidence being discovered.

Alabamian, here! LOL Hello! I'm not sure if I am misunderstand your post, but he hasn't been found not guilty. This mistrial was declared due to new evidence being discovered.
I misspoke: i know it was a mistrial. My question is how the heck was he not found guilty? he admitted killing his family for starters.

Both parties will argue a motion to suppress statements given by Sisk to law enforcement on December 2. The court says it will consider motions to possibly shorten those arguments.

Sisk’s second capital murder trial is set for February 13, 2023, and an entirely new jury is required.

Mason’s step-grandmother (Mary’s mom) passed away last week. She loved him from the moment he entered the family & didn’t want it to be true that Mason did this. Through the end, she was still advocating for Mason to be able to continue his education behind bars.

Sisk is due to be retried in February after a judge declared a mistrial in his first trial in September. The mistrial order came after prosecutors informed the court that FBI computer experts – after three years – had finally unlocked Sisk’s mother’s phone. But the trial was already underway and the court ruled the defense needed access to the phone’s information.

The retrial is currently set for February 13, 2023. A suppression hearing is set to be continued on January 13, 2023 regarding Sisk’s confession and any evidence gathered as a result of the confession.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back