Alec Baldwin

can't stand Baldwin...
I am just astounded that a parent would talk to a child like this, for any reason. I think that this message and behavior is the tip of the iceberg. He seems like a tyrant who cannot control his temper. I wouldn't want to be around him.

I think Ireland stands a good chance, should she want to, of cutting her father right out of her life.

next: she should probably go on to have a 'divorce' from her mother, too.

Nova, I don't know who released the tape to the media, but I sure don't believe in protecting scum like Alec Baldwin. His daughter is probably already embarrassed by being related to the creep.

I wasn't defending Baldwin (though I do like him very much as an actor). But punishing him with bad publicity also punishes the child.

Both parents should do everything possible to keep their problems out of the press.

I am just astounded that a parent would talk to a child like this, for any reason. I think that this message and behavior is the tip of the iceberg. He seems like a tyrant who cannot control his temper. I wouldn't want to be around him.

That is almost what Kim said....

I hope Baldwin never sees that child again. He needs to attend anger management classes. He's completely out of control and is liable to damage his daughter for life (physically and emotionally).

I've never liked him, but this is completely unacceptable. He's a horse's *advertiser censored* and doesn't need to be anywhere near not only his own daughter, but anyone else's children either.

While I think Alec's phone call is immature and inappropriate and shows his legendary temper, both Kim and Alec bear equal responsibility in this matter - they are both parent nightmares who never ever put the welfare of their child above the very public disaster of their divorce. I would go so far as to say Kim is the even greater offender in that regard - she seems pathologically incapable of keeping their private affairs private.

I have no problem believing Kim has helped poison their daughter against Alec. I would bet my very last dollar that Kim has said things about Alec to her daughter repeatedly that are way worse than what Alec said to his daughter in this conversation (a private conversation which I am sure Kim leaked). Kim slings vile vulgarities about him in public, so it's not such a stretch to think how much worse she can be one on one with this young girl.

11-year-old girls in the middle of a bitter divorce are capable of all manner of manipulative, loutish, vile piggish behavior - I speak from experience here. While Alec is the adult and should behave with a higher standard of maturity, I'm not about to slam him for life based on one phone call without knowing the events that led up to it.

I wish he had taken the high road, but he didn't. I wish Kim would take the high road, but she doesn't. I can only imagine the damage done to the child.

Both parents should get a clue. They are both disgraceful, but only one of them constantly leaks their disgraceful behavior to the public.

From the AP

snip

Baldwin’s spokesman said in a statement Thursday that the 49-year-old actor will be ‘‘keeping his mouth shut and obeying court orders’’ in the best interest of the child.

‘‘The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order,’’ he continued. ‘‘Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years.’’

snip

Basinger was charged with contempt of court in October for violating terms of a 2004 custody agreement. A motion by her lawyers to dismiss the charges was denied Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Sorry I don't have a link, but this is just a bit extra to what's already on the thread. Sounds like BOTH parents are real prizes. What are the odds this kid's gonna be totally screwed up?

While I think Alec's phone call is immature and inappropriate and shows his legendary temper, both Kim and Alec bear equal responsibility in this matter - they are both parent nightmares who never ever put the welfare of their child above the very public disaster of their divorce. I would go so far as to say Kim is the even greater offender in that regard - she seems pathologically incapable of keeping their private affairs private.

I have no problem believing Kim has helped poison their daughter against Alec. I would bet my very last dollar that Kim has said things about Alec to her daughter repeatedly that are way worse than what Alec said to his daughter in this conversation (a private conversation which I am sure Kim leaked). Kim slings vile vulgarities about him in public, so it's not such a stretch to think how much worse she can be one on one with this young girl.

11-year-old girls in the middle of a bitter divorce are capable of all manner of manipulative, loutish, vile piggish behavior - I speak from experience here. While Alec is the adult and should behave with a higher standard of maturity, I'm not about to slam him for life based on one phone call without knowing the events that led up to it.

I wish he had taken the high road, but he didn't. I wish Kim would take the high road, but she doesn't. I can only imagine the damage done to the child.

Both parents should get a clue. They are both disgraceful, but only one of them constantly leaks their disgraceful behavior to the public.

I agree with everything you just said South- they are both poor examples of a parent.
Or a good example of how not to be a good parent-lol

The tape could have been given to the judge without being released to the public.

You don't think an 11-year-old finds the public exposure more embarrassing and even worse than the original message?
I agree!! Both of these parents are dispicable for allowing it to escalate to this. I spit on them both. edited to say : her, releasing this, and hurting her child makes her look pretty bad.

Why the heck cant they both just agree to do what is best for their child? Love the kid.. support the kid, and dont talk bad about the kids other parent!! Allow liberal visitation, on both sides.. just agree, a month in advance, how it will work out.

These two freakparents hate each other much more than they love their child. Shame on both of them.

I agree with everything you just said South- they are both poor examples of a parent.
Or a good example of how not to be a good parent-lol

Hiya Narla! :blowkiss:

I feel sure my sons will one day make me so angry I will want to say the same things Alec said (and even worse)...I only hope I will be able to hold my sharp tongue. Parenting is hard enough when you've got two people on the same page....must be brutal when you've got two people trying to destroy each other...that poor little girl.

Hiya Narla! :blowkiss:

I feel sure my sons will one day make me so angry I will want to say the same things Alec said (and even worse)...I only hope I will be able to hold my sharp tongue. Parenting is hard enough when you've got two people on the same page....must be brutal when you've got two people trying to destroy each other...that poor little girl.

Hiya South

We all say things we regret- even to our kids, know I have.

A little story- when my child was three- I was having a bad day- he wouldnt stop talking! I said oh would you just shut up- he didnt bat an eye lid- he turned around and goes- well, I'm a people and people like to talk! LOL
I melted instantly and still regret saying that.

Parenting is a tough call- and it is hard when you think differently than your partner...

Hiya South

We all say things we regret- even to our kids, know I have.

A little story- when my child was three- I was having a bad day- he wouldnt stop talking! I said oh would you just shut up- he didnt bat an eye lid- he turned around and goes- well, I'm a people and people like to talk! LOL
I melted instantly and still regret saying that.

Parenting is a tough call- and it is hard when you think differently than your partner...

That's the cutest story! I've definitely said things to my kids I regret. I am not a name-caller, but on rough days, I've been known to say "You are acting like a brat" or "You are driving name crazy" or I've yelled louder and more harshly than I should. I'm hard-pressed to think most good parents haven't had these moments.

That's the cutest story! I've definitely said things to my kids I regret. I am not a name-caller, but on rough days, I've been known to say "You are acting like a brat" or "You are driving name crazy" or I've yelled louder and more harshly than I should. I'm hard-pressed to think most good parents haven't had these moments.

Yep.

We are all human, and thus- are capable of making mistakes.

He's know for being a hothead. It's a shame his 11 yr old had to feel his wrath. I hope he does loose visitation.

i don't care if mom released the tape personally. how many times have we heard of cases where mom had proof and took it to court and nothing happened? courts don't always use common sense. making it public greatly increases the chance that action will be taken. if your ex called and spoke like that to your child wouldn't u do every thing you could to protect them? weigh the damage of public embarrassment now to many more years of her fathers abuse. what will do more long term damage?

i don't care if mom released the tape personally. how many times have we heard of cases where mom had proof and took it to court and nothing happened? courts don't always use common sense. making it public greatly increases the chance that action will be taken. if your ex called and spoke like that to your child wouldn't u do every thing you could to protect them? weigh the damage of public embarrassment now to many more years of her fathers abuse. what will do more long term damage?

Excellent Point!! They say good character is having it even when nobody is watching...this man is a horrible human and a man without any decency or character. I don't care what Kim has put him through - to erupt on his child is insane.

Don't think that the wrath and the temper you hear wasn't unleashed on Kim and probably why they're divorced.

It speaks volumes. I'm glad it's out there because the public should shun him. There are ZERO excuses for that behavior.

how sad that they made the very poor decision to name their kid "ireland". not only does she probably have to hear stuff like "hey, where's your sister scotland?" for the rest of her life.. but it's very ironic because she definitely does live in the "land of IRE".. between those 2 nutcases.

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And, we've learned, the tape could cost Baldwin his visitation rights.

After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went bersek on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an *advertiser censored* of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the *advertiser censored* who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your *advertiser censored* out."

"This crap you pull on me with this *advertiser censored* phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

www.tmz.com You can listen to the actual message at the link. :eek:

I can't stand him. I hope he's slapped hard for this crap. Poor little girl - no one should have to listen to their father talk to them that way.

I should say - I'm not a big fan of Kim's either. I think it's disgusting how this poor girl was put in the middle of all their crap. That said, I think Alec REALLY crossed the line. I'm glad he won't be making the trip tomorrow to see her.

Jules:

Do you ever listen to Dean & Rog on 93.7? They said that tape made his brother (Daniel, drinker and drugger) seem like a saint or something along those lines. LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back