All about Aliahna

ITA with Donjeta.

I have worked with kids with ODD and trusting, compliant and helpful are not attributes usually given these children. ADHD, possibly. The aggressive form , though is usually seen more in boys as is the hyperactivity. Girls typically exhibit introversion and disorganization. Because of that girls are more likely to go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed with depression.

I don't know much about PTSD. But I can imagine after what happened to that poor baby in IA, she had some serious emotional issues. Even assuming those were the only traumas she endured, which I do not.

This might be OT on this thread, but I haven't been following this case closely and wondered if there has been a funeral, burial, cremation, or memorial for Aliahna yet? I listened to most of Nancy Grace's program last night and didn't hear anyone mention it.

Aliahna is a unique name. To find the meaning of her name, I first looked up 'Ali' and then "ahna". "Ali" is an Arabic name which means ‘exalted one’, ‘noble’ and the closest name I could find to "ahna" is "anna" which is a form of Hannah. 'Anna' means gracious, merciful.

I'm really disturbed by the number of 'fund raisers' popping up for the family (aka: The Aliahna Lemmon Benefit Fund/ money goes to the parents) Just found another one http://www.examiner.com/roller-derb...derby-to-hold-benefit-for-murdered-young-girl

I also noticed in the MSM news reports (see the AP article here) and they all say "The service for Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon was scheduled for Thursday night at the First Assembly of God in Fort Wayne."

Is that just poor writing or did something change regarding the memorial service??

I'm really disturbed by the number of 'fund raisers' popping up for the family (aka: The Aliahna Lemmon Benefit Fund/ money goes to the parents) Just found another one http://www.examiner.com/roller-derb...derby-to-hold-benefit-for-murdered-young-girl

I also noticed in the MSM news reports (see the AP article here) and they all say "The service for Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon was scheduled for Thursday night at the First Assembly of God in Fort Wayne."

Is that just poor writing or did something change regarding the memorial service??

Sure sounds like it's been changed. I have wondered if they would change it as there's a lot of people with bad thoughts posting about the family and what they would do.

I'm not happy with mom at all, but it really sounds angry out there.

Aliahna is a unique name. To find the meaning of her name, I first looked up 'Ali' and then "ahna". "Ali" is an Arabic name which means ‘exalted one’, ‘noble’ and the closest name I could find to "ahna" is "anna" which is a form of Hannah. 'Anna' means gracious, merciful.

I think she was all those things, plus more! Prescious child!

Sure sounds like it's been changed. I have wondered if they would change it as there's a lot of people with bad thoughts posting about the family and what they would do.

I'm not happy with mom at all, but it really sounds angry out there.

It's very hostile on facebook. I just don't see how people think their anger is going to change the world. In my opinion, it just makes it worse. People need to direct their anger in way contructive way! JMO asusual!:twocents:

I'm fearful that someone or more than one person will take matters into their own hands trying to avenge Aliahana's life sorrows and her death.
I hope and pray that doesn't happen though and that everyone let's LE, the courts and the appropriate agencies take care of the ones that failed Aliahana and all the others. Vigilante justice does nothing but steal from those that have already been harmed by this.
Our system is severely flawed, for sure, but it's all we have.

MOO

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/...0120105&Category=LOCAL&ArtNo=105009999&Ref=PH

Aliahna Lemmon's Memorial Service

Aliahna Lemmon's Memorial Service at First Assembly of God on January 5, 2012. Photos by Laura J. Gardner/The Journal Gazette

thanks lauriej. The service was tonight.
From picture 3
Family, friends, and the public walk into the Memorial Service for Aliahna Lemmon at the First Assembly of God on W. Washington Center Road in Fort Wayne on Thursday evening.

A post from a FB friend...Re-worded of coarse!

I went to Aliahna funeral tonight. It was a beautiful ceremony! RIP Aliahna.. For you were taken far to heaven too soon! May you dance with the angels and rejoice as GOD is holding you in his arms! You will be missed but never forgotten......But all the seats werent filled. Sheriff Fries was and the principal of Holland Elem. It was a beautiful ceremony!

Sadly, I am only seeing stock pics of Ali's memorial service tonight. Combine that with an article that made it appear as if it had been postponed or in the past tense "was to happen", I hope we see more in the morning. The link I went to had stock pictures of gatherings.

I hope her service went well tonight though. xoxo

Please excuse if this has been answered -- I've tried to follow this case pretty closely but, especially since it got its own forum, I may have missed some things.

My question is: What do we know about Aliahna's vision and hearing problems -- possible causes, congenital or acquired later in life (head trauma,etc.), when identified, etc.?

Sadly, I am only seeing stock pics of Ali's memorial service tonight. Combine that with an article that made it appear as if it had been postponed or in the past tense "was to happen", I hope we see more in the morning. The link I went to had stock pictures of gatherings.

--i posted a couple of "memorial" articles in the media thread.

From online reports it was beautiful - 9 rows of family, only one family member spoke, read a poem, nothing personal.
The principal and the pastor of the church she attended (I think Church of Christ) spoke about her.
Lots of pictures, and lots of teddy bears, lots of tears.
Some classmates were there.
Sisters (rumor at this point) were brought before the service.
Lyle supposedly did not show up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back