All about current searches for Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, what they mean is that someone may have been downloading *advertiser censored* and the CP was in some of it. If something comes from a public source there is no telling what is actually in the file you are downloading. You might think you are downloading a video of the church choir but in actual fact it could be something else. Files from the public areas of the internet are often misnamed and/or have misleading descriptions of their contents, especially with *advertiser censored*. So when they talk about inadvertent downloading, they mean that someone possibly downloaded what they thought was regular *advertiser censored*, saw what it was, then deleted it. The deleted file would still be on the hard drive until overwritten by some other file however, it just wouldn't have its pointers.

It would be tricky to figure that out forensically though, unless there was just so much that it couldn't reasonably have been unintentional. If the CP was a small percentage of the total it was probably unintentional, since if anyone is downloading 100k+ images of *advertiser censored* from public areas of the internet it is unlikely that they could avoid accidently downloading CP as well.

This has happened to us before! We often download British UK shows (like Eastenders) from bittorrent. A couple of times the file was labeled, given reviews (false), and we ended up with some pretty nasty stuff. And the site we use isn't illegal - it's a share file, and you seed it back for others to use.

But now we only seed from users that we know, and not strangers! Lesson learned the hard way :(

But in SA's case, he has way tooooooooo many files for me to even consider it an accidental download - IYKWIM.

MOO

Mel

No, what they mean is that someone may have been downloading *advertiser censored* and the CP was in some of it. If something comes from a public source there is no telling what is actually in the file you are downloading. You might think you are downloading a video of the church choir but in actual fact it could be something else. Files from the public areas of the internet are often misnamed and/or have misleading descriptions of their contents, especially with *advertiser censored*. So when they talk about inadvertent downloading, they mean that someone possibly downloaded what they thought was regular *advertiser censored*, saw what it was, then deleted it. The deleted file would still be on the hard drive until overwritten by some other file however, it just wouldn't have its pointers.

It would be tricky to figure that out forensically though, unless there was just so much that it couldn't reasonably have been unintentional. If the CP was a small percentage of the total it was probably unintentional, since if anyone is downloading 100k+ images of *advertiser censored* from public areas of the internet it is unlikely that they could avoid accidently downloading CP as well.

Inadvertent dowloading is just that. You could be right . But so could I. We can both "guess' at which inadvertant downloading they are talking about. I think and have thought since the massive amounts of the *advertiser censored* find came out that some of it was a virus (alot but not all). I just dont think in the time that computer was bought he had time to download that much *advertiser censored*.

This LE dept is dubious with there statements.

Thanks for all the updates. I appreciate all your hardwork and keeping us informed.

It's a damn shame that here, today, May 31, 2011..5months and 3 days since Hailey was "reported" as missing.. it is revolTing IMO that these two sub-humans walk Colorado City and surrounding counties and areas scott-free civilians...

With neither contributing even in the very, very least to society, period.. Neither of them working..holding jobs.. supporting themselves[and Billie supporting her son that is still alive yet she has zero custody of]..not paying taxes..not doing anything whatsoever to contribute positively to this world..our society in any way whatsoever...

Revolting is teh nicest word I can use to say the feelings that over come me when I allow myself to really think about and loiok at these two "individuals"...

And thats about all I can post without getting myself introuble..

But God do I ask WHY?>?????????????????????/

WHY?? These people are allowed to live daily carefree lives sel-absorbed, and wallering literally in things of literal disgust that bring them pleasure!@!!!!!!!

WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO LIVE..TO WALK FREE AND TO CONTINUE TO HAVE AND FEEL ANY PLEASURES?????

WHY NOT, HAILEY?? WHY NOT HAILEY BE FREE TO WALK..FREE TO FEEL PLEASURE AND HAPPINESS?? TO STILL BE HERE AND BE A VALUABLE CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIETY???
WHY? WHY? WHY?

WAS THIS GOOD..THIS POSITIVE AND FULL OF LIFE..FULL OF GOOD..HUMAN BEING TAKEN FROM THIS WORLD AND THESE TWO SUB HUMANS STILL HERE WREAKING NOTHING BUT SELFISH HAVOC..

I WILL NEVER EVER UNDERSTAND!! NEVER!!!!!

BD has pretty much lost her marbles for staying with SA, even if she believes he didn't do anything.

She does not have ten kids with him requiring his support and nowhere else to go. It makes her looking scathingly guilty of, at the least, being a mother that can lay down with someone the very well may have killed her daughter, or worse. Just for self preservation's sake, dumb dumb DUMB! There is no "love" worth what she faces and you may not stop loving someone but that doesn't mean you have to be a moth to a flame. If you love someone, you tell them to hit the road and make them go if them being with you puts them in so much danger. Leave the unconditional love stuff to his own mother for SA.

I don't DL a lot of files from share sites but it seems unlikely you would find large quantities of real child *advertiser censored* just floating around out there for the casual user to DL instead of what they thought was a BeeGees album or whatever. Not anywhere near an expert but it's a pretty serious charge to face for prank factor. Not all child *advertiser censored* is the same though, a "willing" 16 or 17 year old is different than a much younger child literally being forced or goes through the motions out of extreme fear and coercion, not knowing how to head for the hills or call 911.

Let's just hope the *advertiser censored* isn't Hailey herself.

BD has pretty much lost her marbles for staying with SA, even if she believes he didn't do anything.

She does not have ten kids with him requiring his support and nowhere else to go. It makes her looking scathingly guilty of, at the least, being a mother that can lay down with someone the very well may have killed her daughter, or worse. Just for self preservation's sake, dumb dumb DUMB! There is no "love" worth what she faces and you may not stop loving someone but that doesn't mean you have to be a moth to a flame. If you love someone, you tell them to hit the road and make them go if them being with you puts them in so much danger. Leave the unconditional love stuff to his own mother for SA.

I don't DL a lot of files from share sites but it seems unlikely you would find large quantities of real child *advertiser censored* just floating around out there for the casual user to DL instead of what they thought was a BeeGees album or whatever. Not anywhere near an expert but it's a pretty serious charge to face for prank factor. Not all child *advertiser censored* is the same though, a "willing" 16 or 17 year old is different than a much younger child literally being forced or goes through the motions out of extreme fear and coercion, not knowing how to head for the hills or call 911.

Let's just hope the *advertiser censored* isn't Hailey herself.

I agree with you Sarah, but have said from the beginning BD would never leave him. She's too attached and has enmeshed herself within him....emotionally and psychologically. Now they may have more of a reason for their cohesiveness. BD is the type to think she needs a man and a relationship with one to exist....especially since CD has another family now. It's sad in a way.

I don't download very much either. It's scary as Hello to think this could be happening on your computer. Is there a place for people to report this kind of stuff? What happens if you take your puter in for a tune up and they find this stuff on there? Geez Louise. Hopefully, they would tell you. As far as 16/17 yr old willing kids....it's still illegal and they should be dealt with too. What will they be doing when their 25 or 30 if allowed to continue that behavior? Where are their parents or loved ones?

If you are downloading stuff like music or movies the chances are low (but still possible), however, if you are downloading *advertiser censored* in general from public sources it is very likely that you will accidently download CP as well at some point. And with 100k + images, whoever did it had downloaded quite a bit. They had probably done a lot more than 100k as well, since presumably they wouldn't have kept everything.

The fact that Toombs even mentioned the possibility of inadvertent downloading suggests that there are relatively few CP images though. I think if there were thousands or tens of thousands it would be pretty unambigous.

I don't download very much either. It's scary as Hello to think this could be happening on your computer. Is there a place for people to report this kind of stuff? What happens if you take your puter in for a tune up and they find this stuff on there? Geez Louise. Hopefully, they would tell you. As far as 16/17 yr old willing kids....it's still illegal and they should be dealt with too. What will they be doing when their 25 or 30 if allowed to continue that behavior? Where are their parents or loved ones?

If you have a teenager and a computer in your house it will be an allmost certainty that *advertiser censored* has been downloaded at some point, and a good chance that it might include CP. Kids are curious, especially about sex at that age, and they are going to look if they get the chance.

If you are paranoid about it there is software that is used to scrub hard drives, including the empty space, through a process called shredding. Basically it involves writing gibberish repeatedly over all the sectors on the drive (either those containing a particular file or those currently "empty"). Once it does that, the original information becomes unrecoverable. Some of the programs will copy fragments of other files on your system over the sectors being scrubbed to hide the fact that they have been shredded, but I think you would have to be pretty deep into paranoia to do that, lol.

The software is usually used for deleting confidential files and I would recommend that you use one of those programs to clean your hard drive if you ever get rid of your computer, to ensure that any personal or confidential information that might be on it doesn't get into the wrong hands, identity theft or some other kind of fraud for example. It probably reduces the life of a drive if you do it too often, but certainly if you are trashing a drive it is a good idea.

If you have a teenager and a computer in your house it will be an allmost certainty that *advertiser censored* has been downloaded at some point, and a good chance that it might include CP. Kids are curious, especially about sex at that age, and they are going to look if they get the chance.

If you are paranoid about it there is software that is used to scrub hard drives, including the empty space, through a process called shredding. Basically it involves writing gibberish repeatedly over all the sectors on the drive (either those containing a particular file or those currently "empty"). Once it does that, the original information becomes unrecoverable. Some of the programs will copy fragments of other files on your system over the sectors being scrubbed to hide the fact that they have been shredded, but I think you would have to be pretty deep into paranoia to do that, lol.

The software is usually used for deleting confidential files and I would recommend that you use one of those programs to clean your hard drive if you ever get rid of your computer, to ensure that any personal or confidential information that might be on it doesn't get into the wrong hands, identity theft or some other kind of fraud for example. It probably reduces the life of a drive if you do it too often, but certainly if you are trashing a drive it is a good idea.

I think that's what parental control software is for.

I agree with you Sarah, but have said from the beginning BD would never leave him. She's too attached and has enmeshed herself within him....emotionally and psychologically. Now they may have more of a reason for their cohesiveness. BD is the type to think she needs a man and a relationship with one to exist....especially since CD has another family now. It's sad in a way.

JMOO! BD "uses" a man for some financial security and uses the "love" word to manipulate him and others around her. JMOA (just my opinion again) she only loves and is devoted to self.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB6a-iD6ZOY"]YouTube - ‪Sting - Fragile‬‏[/ame]

Hope this is ok, mods.

I am going to try to keep believing there will be arrests and charges, but not feeling as good about the chances of Hailey being found. :(

No teenagers and the only thing I download is music, books or things brought to WS, docs, etc. I was trying to find websites for missing people in TN in Gail Palmgren's case and up came a *advertiser censored* site!!! Ridiculous.

I do still have my old computer, but it died...unusable, so now what to do with the hard drive before junking? I'm good at tearing things apart..... Should I bake it in the oven? Place it in the litter box? :floorlaugh:

No teenagers and the only thing I download is music, books or things brought to WS, docs, etc. I was trying to find websites for missing people in TN in Gail Palmgren's case and up came a *advertiser censored* site!!! Ridiculous.

I do still have my old computer, but it died...unusable, so now what to do with the hard drive before junking? I'm good at tearing things apart..... Should I bake it in the oven? Place it in the litter box? :floorlaugh:

No teens of my own either. But lot's of experience. Parent control for teens is "You give me your password. And if you change it even once without telling me- the computer is gone."

You can't control what they do outside of your home. But trust me- when they know you watch their FB page (for example) like a hawk... in my experience, boy- do they figure it out fast. You just have to always be one step ahead- always.

Parental control at it's best. One step ahead, always.

Run a magnet over it.

Depends on what you used it for. If you have or might have bank or ID stuff of it then destroying it would be a good idea. At the very least remove it from the computer before you dispose of that, and get rid of it separately. It is easier to unobtrusively dispose of a hard drive than the whole computer (depending on where you live, things like computers may have to be recycled by law, not just tossed in the garbage).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes