All sorts of people suing casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think LP has a chance, either. I had some questions for the attorney I worked for once when we put a pool in...about liability, etc. As he told me "anybody can sue anybody for anything"...it's whether you win or not that is the real question.
I think LP is one oar short in the rowboat, but I hope his lawsuit proceeds and he succeeds in at least being a burr under MCA's butt.
IMO the only reason he's suing is to stay involved in the case and thereby stay in the media. He's enjoying his 'celebrity' status too much to give it up. As much as I want to see Casey's butt burred, I can't agree that LP should waste the court's time and the state's money to pursue an unwarranted case.

I would bet that CA, now that FCA has disowned her, would file a wrongful death suit against FCA to ensure that SHE gets a share of the FCA "pie." If there will even be a pie.

There is a lot of vindictiveness in this relationship (obviously) and I don't put it past CA to relentlessly pursue this.

JMO

Aqua

LP is on HLN now and I think I just heard him say he would file his case next week and he and his 'people' will go looking for ICA and find her,lol. Oh Leonard.

I knew of a terrible case years ago. A woman was stabbed something like 20 times in the throat by her ex- husband. He kept suing her from prison. Al kinds of crazy reasons, he made up. She had to keep paying a lawyer to respond to each case, which is what he wanted. After the 20 stabbings, she couldn't speak at all. Her sister spoke for her in court, and then he started suing her as well. He also sued her attorney.

So it seems - you can sue for anything, even if you won't ever win, but the person your suing has to get an attorney and respond, or default.

Kinda' sick.

LP is on HLN now and I think I just heard him say he would file his case next week and he and his 'people' will go looking for ICA and find her,lol. Oh Leonard.

I don't know anything about the merits of his lawsuit, but he makes his living finding people who don't want to be found, so I think he just might flush ICA out of any hiding place she comes up with. :innocent:
BTW - he is a lawyer in his own right...

I'm not getting this? Wasn't he in cahoots with the DT?

Well, as they say in cowboy land...He was all over the place like a fly in a field of cow flop. I don't think cowboys really say that...I think they horse s**t. But you all get the picture. lol Given the fact that LP is a bounty hunter by trade I don't think JP is feeling warm and fuzzy right about now. I love it.

IMO the only reason he's suing is to stay involved in the case and thereby stay in the media. He's enjoying his 'celebrity' status too much to give it up. As much as I want to see Casey's butt burred, I can't agree that LP should waste the court's time and the state's money to pursue an unwarranted case.

I think the reason he is suing her is so he can go get her if she does not show up in court. There is always a method to his madness. LP originally got involved because he thought he could get the truth from KC. Did not happen. Now it's personal. He's as relentless as CA but is better at tracking than CA will ever be. lol jmo

Well, as they say in cowboy land...He was all over the place like a fly in a field of cow flop. I don't think cowboys really say that...I think they horse s**t. But you all get the picture. lol Given the fact that LP is a bounty hunter by trade I don't think JP is feeling warm and fuzzy right about now. I love it.

Where I'm from we would say "A field of cow plops."LOL.

I think the reason he is suing her is so he can go get her if she does not show up in court. There is always a method to his madness. LP originally got involved because he thought he could get the truth from KC. Did not happen. Now it's personal. He's as relentless as CA but is better at tracking than CA will ever be. lol jmo

I'm sorry but I disagree with you. I believe 100% that LP inserted himself in the case because he wanted to be involved in the media frenzy. It wasn't for Caylee and it wasn't for justice. I'm sure LP hopes Casey disappears so he can make a show of looking for her.

He said he will be suing for $200,000. He thinks Casey told Baez that Caylee was dead before they asked for his help. In other words, they knew all along. When he was asked how he knew this, he said someone from the jail overheard it and told him. :innocent:

I'm sorry but I disagree with you. I believe 100% that LP inserted himself in the case because he wanted to be involved in the media frenzy. It wasn't for Caylee and it wasn't for justice. I'm sure LP hopes Casey disappears so he can make a show of looking for her.
I agree I feel he did insert himself in the case,and as his 15 minutes of fame (3 years actually) was running out, and he needed a way to keep himself in it. As well maybe sell a reality show Leonard Padilla Bounty Hunter - On the Hunt for Casey Anthony lol

He said he will be suing for $200,000. He thinks Casey told Baez that Caylee was dead before they asked for his help. In other words, they knew all along. When he was asked how he knew this, he said someone from the jail overheard it and told him. :innocent:

Well certainly FCA knew all along that Caylee died in an 'accidental drowning'.

Well certainly FCA knew all along that Caylee died in an 'accidental drowning'.

Yes, Casey knew all along that Caylee was dead. There's no proof of when Casey told Baez though....and even if what LP is saying is true that someone overheard them, it's attorney/client privilege...

Anyway, whatever. If he sues, good for him. Anything that distracts Casey from her Bella Vita is fine with me. She'll end up having "No Vita".

That someone from the jail he mentioned- that was RKronk's girlfriend- she says the conversation never happened- LP says that's how RK knew to go and look on Suburban..... there's no end to it.

She can and she will plead the fifth during her deposition in these civil actions. I suspect that all parties will seek a summary judgement.

More substantial, however, is her lying to FBI agents during the search for her daughter. It seems to me that this can and should be adjudicated as a criminal matter. Don't know if double jeopardy would cover.

Why would she be able to plead the fifth? She cannot be prosecuted now that she has been acquitted on the various levels of charges the State of Florida brought against her.

If she pleads the fifth, that could indicate a new, unknown crime and I would bet that the OCSD would be all over it.

I agree I feel he did insert himself in the case,and as his 15 minutes of fame (3 years actually) was running out, and he needed a way to keep himself in it. As well maybe sell a reality show Leonard Padilla Bounty Hunter - On the Hunt for Casey Anthony lol

I think I might even watch that show :crazy: he must want to compete with Dog Chapman...

Yes, he claimed that Roy Kronk's girlfriend worked at the jail and heard that Casey had told where Caylee's body was. LP claims that is how Kronk knew to look off Suburban Drive.

I was reading some of the old threads here from August of 2008. There was one set of messages about how apparently Casey "expected" Caylee to be home for her birthday (Aug.9). If KC had "leaked" Caylee's whereabouts, maybe she thought the body would be found by then. If that is true, I wonder what went through her mind when the date came and went and nothing happened?

That someone from the jail he mentioned- that was RKronk's girlfriend- she says the conversation never happened- LP says that's how RK knew to go and look on Suburban..... there's no end to it.
Well today on JVM he said it was LE that overheard the conversation... he should get his stories straight before he files a lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam