All Texas Equusearch-Related Filings #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure. Does it have to do with the defense having access to ALL (400) files versus solely the 32 files of the searchers who were known to go to Suburban Drive?

Wait, why am I saying 400 files? There are more files than that I think but I know MN has said that 32 files have been available all along but nobody from the defense came to his office to look them over.

Woe.
Baez HAS the files of the 32 people who searched the area where Caylee's remains were found...Baez never came to pick the files up so NeJame had them iirc hand delivered to Baez's office.
The 4000 files HAVE been available all along for Baez to come and view them..that was the original Order by Judge Strickland back many many months ago,

It is 4000 files and I guess the real difference is no names released to the public, which is what is actually important.
I picture HHJP needed a couple of days to stop fuming about the antics surrounding these files to calm down enough to write this order.

BBM
That is a good thing...a big THANKS to NeJame for putting it in his motion.

This is a VICTORY for NeJame and TES not Casey Anthony's Defense lawyers since it was NeJame who requested it..

It is 4000 files and I guess the real difference is no names released to the public, which is what is actually important.
I picture HHJP needed a couple of days to stop fuming about the antics surrounding these files to calm down enough to write this order.

Tah. Like that matters to Baez. If he finds even the slightest bit of something, he'll put it out there, although that's a big IF because I suspect he won't even bother to look. Let's take bets on how much time goes by before he even steps foot in NeJame's office.

IIRC the previous order on these TES search records were to release to the defense the 32 searchers deemed by TES to have been in or near the Suburban Drive area. JB/CM evidently just hit the jackpot with all of their whining......they now have access to all 4000 volunteer searchers. They did not before.

The defense since jump had the right to review all of the documents, just as Brad and Mrs. Drane-Burdick did.
The deal was always that they could REVIEW them all, and tab them.
The deal was always that there would be no taking any documents away from the review.
The deal was always that the documents they were interested in would be tabbed for the judge to review
THE JUDGE WOULD DECIDE their relevance. This part is important, the record reflects that many times, many, many, many times the judges in this case have shot down what the defense deems relevant. I listed one time all the motions they have lost so far, let me find that for us. It is shockingly long!
ONLY if, as, and when the judge deemed any additional searchers to be relevant would the defense get those documents.
Never were they going to be in any position to release names that the judge did not specifically agree were relevant. Now that has been made even more clear to them, and if the defense lawyers should make any steps toward doing so, it would be career suicide to defy this judge. That is a huge win to settle the concerns of Mr. Miller. No question.

In actuality, the defense got more restrictions on them. In the beginning they were being allowed to review them with only a law clerk or volunteer sitting in. Now they have a retired judge sitting in. Think Poodle ...Rottweiler, different tone , eh?

Yes, now they can take notes. That means nothing. There is going to be no public release on the morning talk shows of dirt they dig up on Mr. Johnson, 54, who once had a DUI, during the time he had a drinking problem, in so and so state and what his mother in law describes as a reckless , troubled man who she didn't trust around her grandchildren, she recalls she decided that on a fall day, it was Wednesday, his shoes were brown.
No one is going to get Kronked. None of these people are going to blogged about or discussed by Mason and Baez on In Session or GMA, or even Geraldo. That little stunt they pulled last time when the Kronked the utility worker hero who found the baby, when they went on every talk show and showed heavily edited videos of very hostile ex wives who made the most ridiculous outlandish, unsubstantiated accusations anyone had ever seen a legitimate news station allow, that by the way never were put in the court file and the State Prosecutor sure hadn't been given in discovery....that is not going to happen again, not now that the judge knows what they do. I am sure it was made very clear to them.

The defense feigning victory is the oldest trick in the book, save for "Trust me" whispered from a teenage boy to his nervous girlfriend. It is public relations 101, look happy, smile, say hello to folks, never let them see you sweat. Look confident, perception is reality. I teach it to the girls I mentor. If Baez does not, Cheney certainly knows to act for the camera, those fifteen seconds of the lawyers walking out of the Judge's chambers will be on every channel of the evening news and CNN. If you only saw that and read the headline, you would come to the desired inference...wow things sure went their way in there.
If you watch the press conference again, note that Cheney Mason sat there and violated the court order if indeed the judge sealed it and ordered them not to publicly divulge what went on in there. I don't think it was an accident exactly what he slipped up and blurted out. Indeed he chose to reveal that Mark just was in there and admitted it was a quid pro quo. Oh my. That was planed , imo, because the clear inference he wants the listener to draw is ...
Mark did something against the rules;
Mark should be held to task;
The judge must have let Mark have it, etc. etc.

One doesn't work in their same field for nearly forty years and mis speak. He let that out so every one would run with it.

The reason he felt compelled to try to get that out in the public domain is because indeed he is still the cat chasing that elusive canary, so he is still grasping at straws for the jury pool.

MOO

They know how to fake a smile, but if they believe they won somehow, they certainly have a poor understanding of what a victory would be. This reminds me of the hearing about the experts. Remember that little gem? Baez started out that he was going to be allowed to have his experts examine the evidence and the Sheriff Department would have a person there as well. That was a given, no two ways about it. Indeed the OCSD is going to be required to testify that for the entire time since they collected it, they had care, custody and control over it. It was painful to watch the debacle about drawing attention to Dr. Henry Lee, Mr. Baez put the lid on the topic forever by illustrating the very reason it was a ridiculous request for experts to be left alone with evidence. Indeed a judge found that an expert tampered withe evidence in another case, it just so happens that out of all the Florida or national experts, guess who Baez had picked to be on this case....that very man. My mouth just hung open when Baez argued this as his example. Baez feigned victory when he exited that hearing too. The very funny thing is they emerged from the hearing with EVEN MORE restrictions. Now not only was the OCSD going to be there, the judge ordered the State's Attorney's Office to also send someone, hold on to your seat...and to videotape it!! All the lawyers opined immediately what an outrage is was that Baez was in there arguing for things that would NEVER happen, he is in over his head and indeed the death qualified lawyer should be there!!!

So, don't worry when they pretend they are the cat that got the canary. They wouldn't know a canary if it bit their nose. In the words of Mr. Nejame , "I am being overly generous in my characterization".

I was joking with a friend recently that I like to think I am well liked and respected, especially at work, but if any investigators were to drag up my teenage years, that my mother still hasn't fully recovered from.....I'd be ruined. If the defense experts try Kronking* Mr. Miller, or any of the good, good people that came out to search for the baby's body so she could at least have a funeral, I think the public backlash will make the angry protesters look like a tea party by comparison. He and FOUR THOUSAND VOLUNTEERS showed up for that little girl, which is more than I can say for her own family!!!

The World According to Julia Urban Dictionary:
* Kronking: To sling mud, pull up real or imagined things from one's past in attempt to discredit, to slander by implication, find people to bear false witness against a innocent person in a scorched earth approach to deflect attention away from the guilty party

*Bear false witness: To tell a lie. To say someone has done something they have not. Swearing you know something when you know it is untrue. Additionally, bearing false witness means to receive a lie as if were the truth. If you were not there to witness, and swear it to be true you in turn are a false witness.

Thanks to Nums from the current news thread:
The most important thing , in my humble opinion, in the judge's order is the order included restrictions that any relevant information identified by the defense will not be made public or released to the media.

http://www.wesh.com/r/24700486/detail.html

<snipped>

The order included restrictions that any relevant information identified by the defense will not be made public or released to the media.

Loosely translated, there will be no Kronking, instead there will be donating, funny how things work out sometimes.

www.texasequusearch.org
Mr. Miller thanks all of you good, good people who donate!!
The video below is a tribute to TES

IIRC the previous order on these TES search records were to release to the defense the 32 searchers deemed by TES to have been in or near the Suburban Drive area. JB/CM evidently just hit the jackpot with all of their whining......they now have access to all 4000 volunteer searchers. They did not before.

That is not correct, here is HHJP's 07/21/2010 order for the special magistrate allowing full access to all the records:

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...ior Rulings by Disqualified Judge 7-21-10.pdf

Screenshot2010-08-21at73508AM.png

Screenshot2010-08-21at73305AM.png

Just sent another donation to Tim with the following note:

In memory of Caylee Anthony. Please sent notification to her mother c/o Baez Law Firm - Kissimmee Office - 522 Simpson Road - Kissimmee, FL 34744

Phone: (407) 705-2626
Email: info@baezlawfirm.com

Thank you and God bless Tim and each and everyone of his searchers!

Loving the line in a) any and all notes, names of searchers or any other information contained in the TES files, obtained during inspection with Magistrate Glatt and the Defense, may not be released or disclosed directly or indirectly to the public or the media by the defense.

HA!

No kronking for you Baez.

Basically, Mark NeJame and TES won bigtime. Defense's losing streak continues apace. Talk about endlessly shooting yourself in the foot!

No wonder Cheney and Baez immediately hotfooted to the media with their lying spin.

b. If the Defense identifies what is considers to be relevant or material searchers after its inspection and investigation, then the attorneys for Texas EquuSearch, the State and the Defense shall attempt to determine whether disclosure of the documents should be released to the Defense. If an agreement cannot be reached then the identified file or documents shall be tabbed and brought before the Court for a hearing subject to the conditions set forth in the previous Court Order.

I would like to be optimistic .... but .... in light of the past wrangling by the Defense ... I have a feeling there is going to be continual and intense debate over any additional (more than 32 files already disclosed to the defense) searcher records which the defense might contend are relevant ....

MN has already made his position perfectly clear --- that NO OTHER searchers are relevant, other than the 32 already disclosed who searched in the close proximity of where Caylee's remains were found.

Now, the defense is going to have to present very compelling reasons to the Judge for why they need more ...

b. If the Defense identifies what is considers to be relevant or material searchers after its inspection and investigation, then the attorneys for Texas EquuSearch, the State and the Defense shall attempt to determine whether disclosure of the documents should be released to the Defense. If an agreement cannot be reached then the identified file or documents shall be tabbed and brought before the Court for a hearing subject to the conditions set forth in the previous Court Order.

I would like to be optimistic .... but .... in light of the past wrangling by the Defense ... I have a feeling there is going to be continual and intense debate over any additional (more than 32 files already disclosed to the defense) searcher records which the defense might contend are relevant ....

MN has already made his position perfectly clear --- that NO OTHER searchers are relevant, other than the 32 already disclosed who searched in the close proximity of where Caylee's remains were found.

Now, the defense is going to have to present very compelling reasons to the Judge for why they need more ...

Well we do know that no matter what the order, the defence will continue to footdrag and whine. It's in the nature of the Beast.

Well we do know that no matter what the order, the defence will continue to footdrag and whine. It's in the nature of the Beast.

They are still trying to get more than the 32 ... and aiming at eventually getting all 4,000 searcher docs ... AND also aiming at setting up appeal issues, in that the Defense did not get the same access to the records that BC got ....

My computer says this file is damaged, can't be fixed or whatever, I am unable to look at it.
Order for Motion for Transcription Services 08-19-2010
http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hig...20Services.pdf

So does this mean that Baez is still too lazy and unwilling to look at the 4000 TES files?

Loving the line in a) any and all notes, names of searchers or any other information contained in the TES files, obtained during inspection with Magistrate Glatt and the Defense, may not be released or disclosed directly or indirectly to the public or the media by the defense.

HA!

No kronking for you Baez.

I'm lovin the "indirectly" part too .... CINDY cannot go on national tv and happen to mention searcher names and insinuate nasty things about them!!!

My computer says this file is damaged, can't be fixed or whatever, I am unable to look at it.
Order for Motion for Transcription Services 08-19-2010
http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hig...20Services.pdf

So does this mean that Baez is still too lazy and unwilling to look at the 4000 TES files?

Mrs. G. Norris posted the actual Order a few posts up thread.
Defense team will still review the 4,000 files with a Special Magistrate monitoring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86