All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone missed that speech....all eight times he was working towards the Bar exam....

Eight times? Can you imagine going to a Physician who only passed his final exams at the eighth attempt?

Exactly. The best advice I've received thus far was from a senior partner on my first day of work who told us baby lawyers: "Litigation is theatre. When you are in the courtroom, you want every juror to fall in love with you. You want to be George Clooney or Julia Roberts. You want to be impeccably polite to everyone from the judge, to the court officers, to the security guards at the entrance. You must be cognizant at all times that your demeanor affects what the jurors hear you say, and how they hear it. Jurors are people. And people, subconsciously at least, are partial to who they like."

You are 100% correct. I've been there----on a jury, and it matters. I would add that jurors do not like to be taken for fools. And I think JB, AL, LKB are making that mistake. I also think that most jurors feel protective of a judge like Judge S. And the disparaging remarks that LKB has made about the defense team "educating this judge"........I hope they go there. The jurors will loathe her. And subsequently her revolting client.

Three Cheers..... finally someone on JVM speaking their mind, instead of tip-toeing around......Judge Karen Mills-Francis asked why Jose B. even bothered coming on the show, where he basically couldn't answer anything, and then she alluded to his "Grand Standing":croc:
In all the previews for the show they hyped how he was going to talk about Casey's behavior...then nada. I assume he just wanted to get face time. The funny thing...he makes it sound like he's been practicing forever...but I know he wasn't admitted to the bar decades ago. Anyone know the exact date?

I didn't get to see the whole JVM show...just the end...but I wish someone had asked JB how he and his team were getting paid.

In alll the previews for the show they hyped how he was going to talk about Casey's behavior...then nada. I assume he just wanted to get face time. The funny thing...he makes it sound like he's been practicing forever...but I know he wasn't admitted to the bar decades ago. Anyone know the exact date?

Sept, 2005. It was in the Orlando Sentinel expose' last May.
ETA, it was his second try, btw.

You are 100% correct. I've been there----on a jury, and it matters. I would add that jurors do not like to be taken for fools. And I think JB, AL, LKB are making that mistake. I also think that most jurors feel protective of a judge like Judge S. And the disparaging remarks that LKB has made about the defense team "educating this judge"........I hope they go there. The jurors will loathe her. And subsequently her revolting client.

EXACTLY! Thank you! You made your points much more eloquently than I could have, I am so thankful. It means more from a juror than a spin-doctor (lawyer). I'll expand later, but my mentor always says you have to imagine your jury consists of PhDs. You can always explain difficult concepts later on, but no one will forget if you treat the jury like children.

Personally I think its good to remember that odds are each member of the jury know something a lot better than you do, whether it be medicine, plumbing, electricity, retail, etc.

"If you hate being talked down to at the mechanics, how do you think someone you dragged out of work to sit in a courtroom feels?"

Sept, 2005. It was in the Orlando Sentinel expose' last May.
ETA, it was his second try, btw.

(O/T) Nice to see you whiteangora, I haven't seen your hilarious icon in a while. I may have been MIA, but I saw your post and wanted to say hello! :blowkiss:

EXACTLY! Thank you! You made your points much more eloquently than I could have, I am so thankful. It means more from a juror than a spin-doctor (lawyer). I'll expand later, but my mentor always says you have to imagine your jury consists of PhDs. You can always explain difficult concepts later on, but no one will forget if you treat the jury like children.
Personally I think its good to remember that odds are each member of the jury know something a lot better than you do, whether it be medicine, plumbing, electricity, retail, etc.

"If you hate being talked down to at the mechanics, how do you think someone you dragged out of work to sit in a courtroom feels?"

BBM Thank you for your professional insights. Jurors are already ramped up due to having to go through the process of waiting to be called from the jury waiting room (1st stop) and then sitting through voir dire........they will have no patience for JB and Crew's antics and demeanor in the court. I will bet money that based on my experience, they will be quite fond of Judge S. The defense better be careful if they hope to not alienate the jury.

Exactly. The best advice I've received thus far was from a senior partner on my first day of work who told us baby lawyers: "Litigation is theatre. When you are in the courtroom, you want every juror to fall in love with you. You want to be George Clooney or Julia Roberts. You want to be impeccably polite to everyone from the judge, to the court officers, to the security guards at the entrance. You must be cognizant at all times that your demeanor affects what the jurors hear you say, and how they hear it. Jurors are people. And people, subconsciously at least, are partial to who they like."

You are soooo right. Most successful trial attorneys are for the most part, actors in front of a jury. I worked with an attorney who was so good at it, in his closing he told the jurors "I'm handing this to you..." and a couple of them actually held their hands out.....We got multimillion dollar verdicts.

(O/T) Nice to see you whiteangora, I haven't seen your hilarious icon in a while. I may have been MIA, but I saw your post and wanted to say hello! :blowkiss:
Nice to see you also lawlady84. :wave:
For anyone who would like a look into Baez's background there is a thread from May that discusses the Orlando Sentinel article, "Who is Jose Baez?" Unfortunately the Sentinel was forced to remove the 2 part article from it's archives because JB cried discrimination towards a Hispanic.
Regardless, the article gave a good look into JB's past including not paying child support and some questionable businesses, (A bikini company- haha), and some questionable charities. it's an excellent thread -here's the link.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83774&highlight=Jose+Baez

On JVM tonight JB was asked about KC's partying during the time her daughter was missing, JB stated 'it will come out at trial, it will have to come out, it's the pink elephant in the room'. (is he suggesting he is seeing pink elephants?)

When JVM asked him that question I turned to my husband and said, "Watch him duck that question." Of course, JB danced around it the same way he always did. There is no satisfactory answer to that question and he knows it.

I didn't get to see the whole JVM show...just the end...but I wish someone had asked JB how he and his team were getting paid.

JVM did ask that question of JB. He smiled real big, then stated that payment agreements between his clients was confidential

JVM did ask that question of JB. He smiled real big, then stated that payment agreements between his clients was confidential
Well seeing that Casey isn't working I can't imagine she's the one doing the paying.

1)Will there be any follow up or consequences of any kind to Macaluso's insistence that they have/had evidence that shows casey is innocent, due to someone moving the body after Casey was in jail (not that it proves anything)

2)Will there be an effort to dig up any and every public record and bit of history on Mort Smith, the PI (?) for the defense? Criminal records, ex wives, failed support payments, etc? Since the defense wants to play this game, they should all be subject to the same rules they foist on everyone else.

1)Will there be any follow up or consequences of any kind to Macaluso's insistence that they have/had evidence that shows casey is innocent, due to someone moving the body after Casey was in jail (not that it proves anything)

2)Will there be an effort to dig up any and every public record and bit of history on Mort Smith, the PI (?) for the defense? Criminal records, ex wives, failed support payments, etc? Since the defense wants to play this game, they should all be subject to the same rules they foist on everyone else.

Good questions.

1) I believe this is what Judge Strickland ordered Jose to turn over by Febuary, evidence that shows this claim that the body was not placed there while Casey was out of jail. I am wondering if the latest motion ties in with the evidence they are required to produce. It doesn't qualify as evidence IMO and surely doesn't show the body was put there by anyone else than Casey.

2) I sure hope so. I would think the state either has some juicy background info on these "witnesses" by now or will have very soon. I look forward to their depositions by the prosecutors in this case...under oath.

All this my opinion only...

JVM asked that very question. He refused to answer based on privilege.

Did anyone notice about halfway through JVM's sit-down with Jose that he seemed to get a bit flustered...started with his "umms" and "uhhhs". Doubt he'll go for any more long interviews...he's only good at dancing around the questions for a max of about 30 minutes.

I also cringed when early in the show JB said his famous "quite frankly". :rolleyes:

Jane asked a few good questions, but for sure is hoping to get him on again, so didn't push too hard. Wonder what she really thinks of him. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle