Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sica sentenced to 35 years before eligible for parole.

Does anyone remember seeing an old blog of GBC's about him and one of his friends? (no idea where it was and I tried archives and the 'way back machine' but assume it may have all been properly deleted)

It was regarding him and one of his mates, sometimes sitting up late, after having a few drinks, nodding off, and then waking up, not having to say anything to each other, but knowing they were both thinking the same thing and having wry smiles on their faces. I found it kind of creepy, but no idea why, as it was harmless really.

I could be wrong about the details but I think it said it was an old school friend, and that he was a solicitor. I wondered afterwards whether it was Darren Mahoney or Peter Davis (it had given the first name at least of the guy), but when I went back to look it had gone or I couldn't find it.

I'm know it's meaningless, but I was just curious.

Yes, I remember it ... but only read a bit of it because I found it stupid really.

I want to share a story with you guys.
So, I have been camping. Fascinating catch up reading that has kept me busy reading since I got back.
As some know I am currently living in Canada, A true Brissie girl though.
So we were hiking in the wilderness and I thought man I wish I could see a bear.
You wouldn't believe it, I saw these flowers(my new avatar) which made me think of Allison on the day it was her birthday. Not less than 5 minutes later I saw my first bear in the wild. A day I won't forget.
thats nice BUT are there any savage caterpillars over there

Does anyone remember seeing an old blog of GBC's about him and one of his friends? (no idea where it was and I tried archives and the 'way back machine' but assume it may have all been properly deleted)

It was regarding him and one of his mates, sometimes sitting up late, after having a few drinks, nodding off, and then waking up, not having to say anything to each other, but knowing they were both thinking the same thing and having wry smiles on their faces. I found it kind of creepy, but no idea why, as it was harmless really.

I could be wrong about the details but I think it said it was an old school friend, and that he was a solicitor. I wondered afterwards whether it was Darren Mahoney or Peter Davis (it had given the first name at least of the guy), but when I went back to look it had gone or I couldn't find it.

I'm know it's meaningless, but I was just curious.

Possibly in amongst all this gobbledegook??

http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/

Possibly in amongst all this gobbledegook??

http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/
what a load of selfpromoting selfserving garbage from a so called ethical high profile seeking wimp. who just in my opinion brought so much hurt to so mamy people. he and sica may be able to have there little chats together if the bad men dont get em first

IMO it should have been 15 years for each life = 45, before parole. Anyhow, he will be old when he gets out and will have no life after that.

I think a life sentence should mean, in the true sense of the word,..life...no parole...locked up for the rest of their life!!

Especially when you read the victim impact statements...the horror & absolute misery for the loved ones that these murderers leave behind.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...to-life-for-triple-murder-20120705-21igm.html

I think a life sentence should mean, in the true sense of the word,..life...no parole...locked up for the rest of their life!!

Especially when you read the victim impact statements...the horror & absolute misery for the loved ones that these murderers leave behind.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...to-life-for-triple-murder-20120705-21igm.html
what i dont get is they said he has a month to appeal the conviction but then his barrister said it was not a nasty murder or something like that. isnt that saying he did it JMOO

what i dont get is they said he has a month to appeal the conviction but then his barrister said it was not a nasty murder or something like that. isnt that saying he did it JMOO

I agree Squizzey I found that strange too. He is saying he is appealing on behalf of Sica but in the sentencing asked that as two of the victims were murdered in heir sleep it wasn't as bad as the other murderso those sentences should be lighter. The defence asked for between 20-30yearsand the prosecution for 45 years. Strange that the defence asks for a sentence, maybe there is a reason behind it but IMO that is as good as the defence saying he did it!

I agree Squizzey I found that strange too. He is saying he is appealing on behalf of Sica but in the sentencing asked that as two of the victims were murdered in heir sleep it wasn't as bad as the other murderso those sentences should be lighter. The defence asked for between 20-30yearsand the prosecution for 45 years. Strange that the defence asks for a sentence, maybe there is a reason behind it but IMO that is as good as the defence saying he did it!
thats how i saw it too. no wonder the call u rational

Hey Dodo - look what I found!

06-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymedium
No worries Willough...I myself was confused by it when I was first introduced ...took me awhile to wrap my head around it and now my whole family are addicts...lol.
Last holidays we hired a motor home and hunted for caches all along the NSW coastline...and got to visit some amazing places.
Yes...it's a modern day form of orienteering.

Back on topic...
There is actually a cache right opposite the BC home...which in the early days made my fellow geocachers and I discuss the possibility that GBC 'might' own that cache...or is into geocaching due to being linked with the Scouts...but we doubt that now since ABC was found near a cache.
It just means that she would've been found eventually by someone hunting for the cache
You just said a whole lot in that last statement! What if GBC was into geocaching and DID want the body to be found, but not for a few weeks, till evidence had decomposed.
Sounds far fetched, but keep going back to the ole life insurance policy.

You have to question the ethics/morals/values of some of these Barristers. The defense barrister made a statement that Kunal and Sidhi did not suffer as much as other murder victims! The Judge interjected that the lives of the 18 year old and 12 year old meant nothing to him! What? These two innocent children were murdered, their bodies thrown in the hot spa allegedly so that they could not identify the killer ... and the killer's Barrister says that to the Judge? We are talking about murder! Is there a professional accountability mechanism which covers the conduct of Barristers? My opinion only, not fact.

Doctor W - don't you have any lungs to listen to? Or are you on a sabbatical?! I'm ashamed of myself how I'm neglecting my home etc. but just HAVE to check in with websleuths....for many, many reasons (which I could probably write an essay on...but won't.....unless requested!) With regard to the 'black humour' medical people are prone to (and I suspect many other professionals eg. police, ambos, even lawyers!), when I was listening to my colleagues giving evidence in the Coroner's case I was involved in, I heard one certain person perjure themselves. Evidence was given that this person had said something rather unkind and unprofessional about the deceased prior to her death (which could have contributed to it), but it was only one of those throwaway things we say to each other as a way of defusing/coping/venting frustration/debriefing....all the many reasons we say ridiculous things we don't mean, and only to each other. Once again I was reminded how Doctors defend each other to the death....but nurses DEVOUR each other at times. I couldn't believe that someone would repeat one of these harmless comments that we're all guilty of, to try and save their own skin. As my colleague denied making this comment, I wondered what I would have said if it was me. But...me being me.....I COULDN'T deny it I'm sure, and would launch into a long, rambling speech about medical black humour and the manner in which we are often irreverent as a means of letting off steam. But would His Honour/Worship/Majesty understand this? Probably not! And it seems so incriminating to hear such comments broadcast completely out of context. I remember once when young I was working in a Catholic nursing home, and being Protestant (at the time) I didn't understand about purgatory and souls hanging about or the purpose of all the candles and the vigil of weeping relatives etc. and I wasn't quite used to 'death' and leaving the 'body' all night to develop rigor mortis before being moved seemed kind of weird to a young me. I made an unfortunate comment to one of my colleagues which was overheard by one of the grieving family members, who then positively erupted, much to my horror. As I cowered weeping in the pan room, one of the the Nuns came to comfort me.....however as she put her arms around me as a measure of support, I had to push her aside (on the pretext of being too upset to be comforted)....because it was night shift and I'd had a gin and tonic at the pub prior to work, and didn't want her smelling the gin on my breath!! Wouldn't THAT compound things?! (I resigned on the spot....mainly because my colleagues looked at me with disdain, the bloody hypocrits). It was a funny place that one....one half was all the old Nuns now incapacitated and often demented but who were still dressed in the full nun regalia daily and had names like 'Sister Magdelina of the Bleating Sheep in the Paddock' etc. etc. etc....and in the other half of the home were all the foundlings left on the nunnery door step who were now elderly, or aged Down Syndrome ladies, or intellectually disabled persons now needing care. The entire place was female and unmarried. I am now much more worldly I'm glad to say...however continue to 'put my foot in it' frequently (some things NEVER age!) But I've digressed, haven't I? My point is that just because we are irreverent at times, it is a typical Aussie thing, and the often dreadful (unprofessional or politically incorrect or judgemental) things we sometimes say to each other, doesn't mean we don't treat those in our care with professionalism and respect....well MOST of us anyway. Mouse Detective - I think most of us understand totally what you're about! (And you're a crack up!) And Dr Watson? You can listen to my lungs ANYTIME!! (If I don't stop smoking you might be REMOVING them one day!!)

Curiousasacat: LOVE your bear story. Gorgeous. And your seeing the flowers and thinking of Allison beforehand reminds me how I see Allison and think of her everywhere, all the time. (Obsessed? No, just 'touched'....hmmm that can be taken two ways can't it?!) I notice every silver Captiva and white Prado. Every yellow flower causes me to think of Allison wherever I am. Hubby and I are going to buy a boat (having a 'sea change' this year!) and he wants to call it by my two names (he says it's 'traditional'), but I want to call her the Allison D! I'm going to get a new pup once we've got the boat, probably a Jack Russell, and I want to call her 'Scrap'. Am I completely mad? Nah....just very moved by Allison's death and the plight of her little girls....and of course ridiculously fond of all you websleuthers (bunch of ratbags that you are!)

It's not often that I've 'caught up' and now I can't 'shut up'!! Looking forward to 9 July and hopefully much more info to reassure us that what we wish for is a done deal....and 'you know who' is a cooked goose, as someone said (sorry Mothergoose, that's probably a difficult image for you - but I'd take Camilla's sandals off first of course....where are you by the way? I shouldn't joke - our gander Wally used to annoy my 2nd husband terribly with his noisiness and putting his head down and charging at everyone, and one day when I came home from work and found him missing, my husband told me that he was upside down in the ground....with a marijuana plant in his backside....and he wasn't kidding!! Not married to HIM anymore!!!)

I was quite wrong about some of what I thought I read, but this was funny...

"Now Pete is not your average friend, he’s the kind of guy you’d want around if you were stranded on a desert island – honest, genuine, intelligent, humorous …. a lot like me really!"

"http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00:00:00%2B10:00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00:00:00%2B10:00&max-results=23

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305